Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5186&start_row=1

English the Language of Reasoning

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 6/15/2013 1:49:50 PM

In the words of english we are joined together to reason upon ones and ones heart of overstanding. The Emperor spoke english as a second language. The emperor fled to the english for help when the romans wanted to conquer him. The United Nations is down with the Lion of Judah.

In other words, the English God is Jah the Lion of Judah the Black Christ AdonI Selassie I

Messenger: HIM_Sun Sent: 6/15/2013 2:26:57 PM

I was sure the devil worship under the guise of the Sun was the english god. ethiopia never brutalized people like the british slave owners

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 6/15/2013 3:42:39 PM

I say, "English the Language of Enslavement" or "English the Language of Downpression" because that is what it is Brethren.

Yes it is a blessing that people of all tongues can reason with one another in a common language; but English is only a means to achieve this.

The English language is the English King's language.

It is a language that promotes the White Male above all others; and places everything else (women, non-whites, animals, plants, etc) beneath them.

Blessed are I and I for the ones who refused to speak the King's Language; and gave I and I Iyaric to speak over it.

Blessed Love,
Warrior Dove

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/15/2013 10:47:50 PM

Selassie I spoke primarily French as a second language, not English.

En-glitch was imposed on many different peoples via the British empire's conquests.

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 6/16/2013 4:04:41 AM

Language is just a method of conveying experiences. Experience is an Iniversal part of life, unable to be fully captured by any words of any language. As long as the English LANGUAGE (not culture or history or peoples) helps I and I come together to improve the current world situation then it has the potential to be a tool of righteousness.

Of course one should be aware of the history of this language---as it was used by many backward and wicked people to impose oppression---to make sure of proper usage and avoid ignorance. There are many English phrases and words that are just plain contradictory (and misleading) such as the word "reckless" (or "wreckless"). They say they "reckless" yet they wreck more....

Bless Up

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 6/16/2013 9:19:12 AM

-Is english is the language of the devil?

All the wicked slavery schemes that the britts did,
Are you saying its from the devil that they did all those wicked things like take the land of others?

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 6/16/2013 7:26:43 PM

It's too late to type it all up now, but I'll bring forward a Reasoning soon about the English language and England, since that is I vine and fig tree where I roots lie, and I trod has taken I in many of the same footsteps of His Majesty when He was in exile here.

Just have to say though, lets not get mixed up in any debate about "oh but this was His Majesty's second/third/fourth language". That is vanity. Let I and I just remember that Haile Selassie I's FIRST language is Amharic, and He spoke a whole heap of Ethiopian and foreign languages on top of that. I've heard a story about His Majesty addressing certain ones and asking what languages they spoke. When both replied that they each spoke only one language, He called them both ignorant.

Give thanks for the Most High's mercy, because I know I would stand no higher than those ignorant men in that test at this time.

Blessed love

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 6/17/2013 12:44:17 PM

Pardon me
your royal Highness.

I ment that English is a second language in Itiopia or the most common foreign language.

The emperor did learn to speak french at an early age.
True. I used to read that in His AutoBiography. Don't know where that went.

As for the english, the united kingdom is represented by the duke who told the Lion of Judah that is Master that he said that he will serve you to the end Master.

Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 6/17/2013 4:24:17 PM

Im not too sure what the reasoning here is or where Melchezdeck is taking it, is it that English is a useful language because a lot of people know it or that it is the devils language because it is spoken by the oppressor? English isn't the tool of the devil, men are, and men's intention will show up in the language, which is a mutable thing. Reasoning in this form - via written English word - obviously has lost the Sound and Power and the fluency.
As with translations of the Bible its helpful to seek the origin of the word to get to the true vibration of it.
Reckless means careless, wreckless means unpunished, but they sound the same when spoken.
Jah Bless

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 6/17/2013 7:57:28 PM

I have this to say about the English language: It is the most widely spoken foreign language around the globe solely because of the legacy of the British Empire. In England, among the English population, that is con-sidered by some to be a 'gift'. It is a language that has come about from Celtic roots, with Latin and many other ancient languages added into the mix by brutal invasion and colonisation, then Norse, Saxon and other Germanic languages added in the same way, followed by Norman and French, before it itself 'collected' many words and expressions from around the world by replicating the tribulations it has gone through on a global scale through the atrocity of Empire and imperialism that continues to this day in corporate neo-colonialism and economic and cultural white-supremacy.

That being said, it is not untrue that it is a useful language to know, as this reality still leaves I and I with the fact that it is one of the most widely spoken languages through which I and I can communicate and share knowledge. I and I must always be aware of the roots and inherent pitfalls of it though, because there are plenty of other languages that express meanings and truths on spiritual and material levels that English has simply forgotten how to express without paragraphs upon paragraphs of dense text and complicated words of unclear meaning beyond the grasp of those without an education in their usage and con-text.

It is however true that His Majesty Haile Selassie I was particularly close with and fond of the English people through the tribulations He went through after Mussolini's invasion of Ethiopia when He sought refuge in Britain. Although the British government and its institutions were backstabbing HIM from the start of Italy's warmongering right through to the liberation of Ethiopia, when attempts were made to fold it into the British Empire, the support and affection Haile Selassie I received from ordinary people in Britain was extraordinary to the point where He said openly that nowhere else had He felt such strong support for His cause.
When He first reached London by Waterloo station, the BBC had been broadcasting mostly Italian victory propaganda, but waiting for HIM was a station completely packed with people waving Red, Gold and Green flags, with representatives from the UNIA and other African peoples organisations along with thousands upon thousands of regular English people who supported His cause. He delivered a speech on that occasion, that I will endeavor to bring forward as soon as I can track it down again. After that welcome, His Majesty found plenty of the same as He traveled around this nation agitating for Ethiopia's cause.
That isn't to say that there were not also negative people, because fascism is still a problem here in England, and the place has always been institutionally racist and that hasn't changed in reality, but Haile Selassie I had a powerful impact and opened many eyes. I have heard recorded words from and spoken with now elderly people who met HIM in flesh while He was in exile in Bath, and there is not one who didn't get the impression that Haile Selassie I was more than flesh and that His cause and works were in Oneness with the Most High.

Blessed love

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I