Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5185&start_row=1

Ethiopian Cross

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 6/13/2013 9:09:47 PM

why do some Rastafari wear the Ethiopian cross? what is its significance? And do you have or wear one? You can guide me to a referemce or book if need be. Bless

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 6/16/2013 1:22:36 AM

As a follower of HIM, u see HIM kissing the Meskel and holding the Meskel with adoration of the son.

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 6/16/2013 11:18:49 AM

thank you.

Messenger: kidus Seifu Sent: 7/12/2013 4:42:30 AM

Selam

Cross is the power of JAH.Cross is our salivation.

Rasta FarI

Messenger: DURU Sent: 7/12/2013 6:42:41 PM

blessed to all

yes I, the cross is not the power of JAH but love is, cross is a symbol of death just like an electric chair, the origin of the cross the ankh used by ancient kemet that symbolizes life hence the Trinity of father mother and child, H.I.M is a Christian that's why H.I.M kissed or used Christian mystic symbolism but it H.I.M. love toward creation made InI aware of divinity in man as a living example, salvation lies to self realization and to InI action and deeds towards Iself and creation, religion does not liberate but meditation does and from meditation love will flow like a river.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 7/14/2013 8:58:56 AM

Let I and I correct the I in Right.
Do not confuse this with white man theology.

The cross is a symbol of Life and Death.
The Holy Trinity is Holy Prophet Holy Priest and Holy King

Jah RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: DURU Sent: 7/18/2013 8:14:51 AM

blessed to all

yes I, Melchizedek that Trinity d I just said is a same theology, just a different uniform, but d idea is d same, its still a Christian theology, a way of life needs no theology at all.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 7/18/2013 11:00:06 AM

DURU; yes I;
I and I don't over what d I is saying by different uniform.

Theology means the study of God.

In RASTA we need to practice what we study, because a psalm a day keeps the devil away.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 7/19/2013 10:17:35 AM

blessed to all

yes I, different uniform just like the many Christian sects, the concepts remain the same only different names and a little twist, and it all depends on d Bible because without it the whole concept will collapse,
a way of life simple lives natural no books needed at all,
yes I, I give thanks to H.I.M as d inspiration and realization of the divinity of man and whole creation as equal and function as one in unity, no theology nor philosophy nor believe, but simply living life natural, not as a sheep to follow some ones idea but as a lion living life fearless but loving with d knowledge through experience and not through belief of dogmas or fear in hell or reward of heaven,
yes I, study is needed for books but living life natural is to live spontaneously with an empty mind but full hearted because intelligence is from d heart and ideas are from d mind, simply living life consciously with no interruption of d mind.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 7/19/2013 12:07:08 PM

Blessed Love

Duru the Is whole philosophy came from the mind of man . The I uses RasTafari as the Is inspiration others following a differant version of your philosophy might take inspiration from someone else or may say using a one for such is attachment, so then the Is philosophy is also dogma same way as the Xtians you speak of. In another thread the I recommended I read Baba's book (which I did) that is another sign of dogma and attachment.

Duru my king. The I's philosophy and modern Xtianity have one major thing in common, they both take major concepts from Incient teachings then change and mix it up with the ego of man.

RasTafarI is the most high so RasTafarI teachings come straight from the mouth of the most high. This is the true Christianity, the true spirituality pure and verified by the words of Jah himself.

Man of right being God in the flesh is not the same as Man being God.
Jah say the righteous shall live the evil shall perish. If we were all already gods there would be no evil and no death.

After reading Baba's book I could clearly see it as nothing more than the ego of man trying to transcend the most High. Basically the teaching amounts to following a spiritual path, in this case RasTafarI reaching a certain heights then denouncing claiming a one is so high the don't need 'God concept'. Foolishness. RasTafarI can never leave RasTafarI.
----
It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the Spirit and council of God will bear no lasting fruits; they will not be acceptable in the sight of God. It will therefore come to naught as the tower of Babel came to naught. The grace of God is Eternal. Angels in Heaven and the Creation on Earth sing His Praise . We thank the Master of the world Almighty God. Power belongs to God. May God Our Creator, the Helper and Guiding Light of us all grant you His Wisdom that you may bear fruits for His Glory.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I