Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5168&start_row=81

sabbath

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Sent: 5/17/2015 11:05:24 AM

Give thanks. What is the science of the days of activity, days of fasting, do the I know?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/17/2015 11:55:27 AM

yes. give thanks.

"friday" and "saturday" were two beautiful days of sabbath again. feel refreshed.

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 11/6/2015 10:34:20 AM

Sabbath is bigger then religion and Sabbath is bigger and greater and way past any Biblical scripture .. Sabbath is metaphysics Sabbath is esoteric levels of thinking... Dr.Llaila Africa in his well known book African holistic way of life the old version on page 74 the good brother takes time to go into the whole aspect of the yin and yang anatomy he takes time to show u the colours of the days and explain the different levels that u go through on different days for example according to him in his book Sunday isa day where in usud be doing physical activity he shows the balance of the right brain and the left brain and the yin and yang concept while oneside has to do with concerntration and physical work the other part got to do with concerntration nd meditation.. He asa scientist has done the research he isa scolar warrior so I uphold and respect his teachings nd work as he say Sunday isa physical day King Emmanuel also teaches ini that Sunday isa physical day but to get back to Dr.Llaila Africa and his book he teaches Monday isa day of meditation .. A rest day .. King Emmanuel teaches the same that Monday isa fasting day where we wear the colours of white Tuesday according to Llaila Africa isa other physical day, the balance of the brain changes, the yin and yang changes and Wednesday isa other spiritual day of rest, so this is exactly what King Emmanuel teaches ini that Wednesday is a fasting day, Thursday a physical day ... The same balance King Emmanuel teaches ini the Brother says in his book that Saturday is unlike any other day he says that day the yin and yang are balanced so some wud reason that Rastafari never teaches us about yin and yang or that Saturday was given by this God Saturn but this is not about names Llaila says this day all ur portals are open ur spiritual intuition is at its highest and scrience also prooves that this day u are open to the spirits .. This day that many call Sabbath..it has nothing to do with old and new testament and who died on a cross nd its not about religion anyway but about the Science of Earth the sevent day is da day of tranquility nd rest.. We asa people is ina terrible state afta 400 hundred years of trans atlantic slave trade now after such a Barbaric period of lynching and killing we Give thnks to the honourable Marcus Mosiah Garvey Anpu Anubis for waking up Lazerus he was the fire works that really woke us up... Image urself sick and bedridden for some days nd then afta some days the fever or illness is gone .. But u don't just jump up and say let's get back to work.. U call ur white boss and u take a day to drink some orange juice nd nourish ur body etc... Some today are still so sick they don't even recognise the Doctor who comes to nourish his body is actually posoining it....

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/6/2015 11:20:08 AM

With many of these "ancient" teachings how do they correlate to InI West/Central African ancestral knowledge? I know in some W/C African societies a day correlating to saturday was a rest day and some to monday (many of I calendars didnt have 7 day wks, NONE used Gregorian)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2015 2:33:16 AM

I had a conversation last week with my Nigerian brethren who tell me his Igbo tribe as do the Yoruga, traditionally have a 4 day week. 4 days livicated after 4 ancestors/dieties to give thanks EACH day rather than a one sabbath. Yes. And like ethiopia they maintain a 13 month year.

Also:

' The ancient Chinese calendar had a ten-day week, as did the ancient Aztec. The ancient Kemetic calendar had a year that was 365 days long. The year consisted of 12 months of 30 days each, plus five extra days at the end of the year. The months were divided into three weeks (decans) of ten days each........
A tablet from the reign of First Dynasty King Djer (c. 3000 BC) was conjectured by early Egyptologists to indicate that the Egyptians had already established a link between the heliacal rising of Sirius'

For I it seems that the 7 day sabbath thing come from the authors of Israelite script and their mythic representations of certain indigenous astrophysical and metaphysical science.. But this was one way of doing things. Not 'the' way of doing things. Once again, african roots full of culture, not necessarily bible bound. Anyway the point is just give thankhs!

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/7/2015 6:27:07 AM

Sister Tee
the bible right here
from Genesis to Revelations
will answer all your questions
may JAHOVIA guide you and grant wisdom and understanding to one and all

sacred-texts.com/bib/kjv/index.htm

There is no spacing in the link

RAS TAFARI

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/7/2015 9:14:51 AM

Irie reasoning Royal Dawta, Garveys and VoodooRuutz!

Give thanks

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/7/2015 9:39:02 AM

Yes loved ones, give thankhs for the reasoning! I have a "Kemetic Calendar" created in the modern version by Dogon Priest Neb Naba, and it has 10 days for each strong cycle, with 4 sabbath days in each strong. I will try to get images up and Ixplain more...

Maat Htp

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/7/2015 1:01:06 PM

A little background and etimolology on SABATH/SATURN/SATURDAY:

Sabbath-keepers worship on Saturday. However, the word "Satur-day" comes from the Latin for "Saturn’s day," a so-called "pagan" day of worship of the planet Saturn. Again and again we can see the undisputable astrological foundations of Christianity and all religions and spiritual traditions.

In fact, calendars are founded on the observation by our ancestors the heavens/cosmos.

The days of the week are named after planets:

Sunday = “sun day”
Monday= “moon day”
Tuesday = "Mars day (from the Latin "Martis", French "mardi", Spanish "martes")
Wednesday = Mercury’s day”
Thursday "Jupiter day" (from Latin "joves" or french "jeudi")
Friday = "Venus day" (Latin
Veneris, french "vendredi")
Saturday = "Saturn day"
(from Latin sabbata, which goes back to Hebrew shabtai/shabbat)

Hebrew Meaning: The “Sabbatic” from the Hebrew meaning “to cease.”

Hebrew Theme: Cease, rest.

Saturn, with its huge rings, seven of them, was known in Talmudic Hebrew literature as a representation of the Shabbat (Sabbath). It earned this reputation because of its prolonged orbit around the Sun.

In ancient Egyptian cosmology there are several references to what is now referred as the planet (its not a star) Saturn.

This is one.

For the Egyptians Saturn was known as "Heru, the Bull of the Sky" or simply as "Heru the Bull". The bull was seen as a symbol of royal strength, fortitude, stability, power and virility. Through this symbol stability, the established power of the kingdom, was embodied and maintained. In many respects these are all attributes which we, today, ascribe to Saturn.

Egyptologists and Assyriologists have known for over a hundred years that Seb (Egyptian), Repa (Coptic), Kaiwan (Akkadian), Chiun (Hebrew), Cronos (Greek), and Saturn (Latin) are all names of the same deity.

In terms of the biblical birth of Jeus and what is commonly observed as Christmas, this is related to the Saturnalia, a pagan festival which is held to commemorate the winter solstice.

The Saturnalia festival has an astronomical character, referring to the completion of the sun’s yearly course, and the commencement of a new cycle. Saturn represented by the sun at its lowest aspect at the winter solstice. The earth is cold, most plants are dead, and it was believed that the sun might also be approaching death. Today winter solstice is around December 21, but because of calendar changes, it was originally December 25th. Saturnalia celebrated the sun overcoming the power of winter, with hope of spring when life would be renewed (resurrection)

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/7/2015 2:31:18 PM

If InI followed the Igbo or Yoruba calendar we would never reach a seventh day and if started from sunday or monday the week would pass before reaching saturday.
So in that form of pure African mind without ANY "Western/European or Middle Eastern" influence there is NO saturnday to keep holy

I also read tho that in PRE-Judeo Ethiopia/Seba its said that the "Sabbath" day was the day of SABA or day of the grey headed ones, a day of gathering of the elders for council or sacrifices at the KaBa

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I