Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5148&start_row=1

The parable of the elephant

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 5/11/2013 4:45:08 AM

THE PARABLE OF THE ELEPHANT.

Açvaghosha saw that every eye was intent upon him, and so he told the story of the white Elephant. He said:

"There was a noble and mighty elephant, an elephant white in color, with a strong trunk and long tusks, trained by a good master, and willing and serviceable in all the work that elephants are put to. And this noble and mighty elephant being led by his guide, the good master who had trained him, came to the land of the blind. And it was noised about in the land of the blind that the noble and mighty elephant, the king of all beasts, the wisest of all animals, the strongest and yet the meekest and kindliest of creatures, had made his appearance in their country. So the wise men and teachers of the blind came to the place where the elephant was and every one began to investigate his shape and figure and form. And when

p. 111

the elephant was gone they met and discussed the problem of the noble and mighty beast, and there were some who said he was like a great thick snake; others said he was like a snake of medium size. The former had felt the trunk, the latter the tail. Further there were some who claimed that his figure was like that of a high column, others declared he was large and bulky like a big barrel, still others maintained he was smooth and hard but tapering. Some of the blind had taken hold of one of the legs, others had reached the main body, and still others had touched the tusks. Every one proposed his view and they disputed and controverted, and wrangled, and litigated, and bickered, and quarreled, and called each other names, and each one imprecated all the others, and each one denounced all the others, and they abused and scolded, and they anathematised and excommunicated, and finally every one of them swore that every one else was a liar and was cursed on account of his heresies. These blind men, every one of them honest in his contentions, being sure of having the truth and relying upon his own experience,

p. 112

formed schools and sects and factions and behaved in exactly the same way as you see the priests of the different creeds behave. But the master of the noble, mighty elephant knows them all, he knows that every one of them has a parcel of the truth, that every one is right in his way, but wrong in taking his parcel to be the whole truth.

"Not one of these sectarians observed the fact that the elephant was perfectly white and a marvel to see, for all of them were purblind. Yet I would not say that they were either dishonest or hypocrites. They had investigated the truth to the best of their ability.

RASTAFARI IS THE FULLNESS THEREOF.

SELASSIE I LIVES AND RULES

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 5/11/2013 2:41:12 PM

Greetings Iyah,

I like this here parable. People say that God cannot be overstood by man, yet that argue and debate about God. They fight and war over who has the right "lack" of understanding.

I can say that I know some things about JAH. JAH wants us to be Righteous and wants us to be full of Love. First most JAH wants us to Love for JAH is Love. So if it's not Love it's not Right.

In the Tao Te Ching, it starts of by saying that the Tao that can be named is not the Eternal Tao. Then they go on and start naming it, which is the Mother of 10,000 things.

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name
The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
The named is the mother of myriad things
Thus, constantly without desire, one observes its essence
Constantly with desire, one observes its manifestations
These two emerge together but differ in name
The unity is said to be the mystery
Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders

True words are not beautiful
Beautiful words are not true
Those who are good do not debate
Those who debate are not good
Those who know are not broad of knowledge
Those who are broad of knowledge do not know

Sages do not accumulate
The more they assist others, the more they possess
The more they give to others, the more they gain

The Tao of heaven
Benefits and does not harm
The Tao of sages
Assists and does not contend

Blessed Love,
Warrior Dove.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/15/2013 6:37:44 AM

Iman see H.I.M as the white elephant.Some seh,Him is a servant of Jah,some say Him is Jah,others say Him is Christ,others say Him is Jesus,some say Him is God etc..Now they create their mansions to support their beliefs,12 tribes,Bobo,Nyah,Fulfilled,Melchezidek,Christafari,etc.Not knowing each and everyone has part of the truth.This reflects the Divinity of H.I.M.Why couldn't people wonder about Menelik II or any other king of dat lineage to be the Higher One,only on Haile Selassie did people wonder and dat reveals Him is the Almighty

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I