Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5120&start_row=1

No victims, no bullies

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/15/2013 10:48:51 PM

The efforts to prevent bullying in schools is unbalanced.  Too much focus and strength is put towards the bullies, instead of the victims.  Strength should be continued to deal with the bullies, but more Strength is needed for the victims and potential victims.

Often, the targets of bullies are children with low confidence and/or social communication problems.  There should be efforts in the schools to teach the vulnerable children to have more confidence in themselves.  To feel good about themselves and Sight and Live Strength, instead of weakness.

In addition to self confidence, children with social communication issues should be instructed on better ways to communicate and interact with other children, and to have better physical control over their body and movements.

Some may see this as putting blame on the victims, but it is not, it is giving Strength to the victims.  And it is facing reality. While it is not an excuse for the bullies, it is often true that they target those with low confidence and social difficulties, because they are easy targets, and bullies, who are often also cowards want submission, not confrontation.

Until the day comes when people rise to a level where people don't bully each other, the bullies will continue to show themselves.  When the targets turn into stumbling blocks for the bully, they will not be able to get away with as much wickedness.

As Bob sing,

If Jah didn't love I
If I didn't love I
Would I be around today
Would I be around to say
Give Thanks and Praises

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 4/16/2013 5:46:44 PM

Once a bully notices that a person is weak or doesnt do anything back they will keep doing it. If someone gets up for his or her self at the first time the bully want to do something wicked he then will have an another outlook on that person. They will continue and continue until a person gets angry or even commit suicide. Thats what happened here several times in Holland. Yes it can really go that far with only bullying. Its really sad to hear whats happening in todays world.

Peace and Inity
Ras Hemp

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/17/2013 3:07:05 AM

Yes

This is very true, society promotes fear and weakness its easier for them to control people who see themselves as victims.

I know of youth who have moved school due to bullying only to be bullied in thier new school. I believe this is due to children accepting the role of victim that adults put on them.

It is very importand we show InI youth strength and not weakness just as InI father shows InI great strength

Blessed Love

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I