Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5103&start_row=1

greetings Idrends & Sistrens

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/8/2013 12:32:13 AM

greetings, Are rastas against backcombing hair? and why do rastas believe selassie is god, when he himself says he is not?? just trying to learn more about this great way of life.....BLESS

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/8/2013 6:19:53 PM

dont haffa dread to be Rasta, not about growing hair but growing the heart of love to not just be a heart inside of ya ego mind body but to grow iya heart of love so that it can hold the whole world in it, yes Rasta is an expansion of consciousness and love

but if gonna dread keep it natural and dont but no glue or chemical things that leave residues, even putting sea salt in a bath tub can leave salt deposits in dread...just keep clean and they will lock up. just keep heart loving and growing more and more everyday and Iya will be a true Rasta, making changes for better for self and all living things around Iya, and transforming into a new creation: The Image of JAH

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/8/2013 6:55:52 PM

You don't ha fi dread to be rasta (don't ha fi dread)
This is not a dreadlocks thing
Divine conception of the heart, well

Oh, it's a life of a livity
Lived by the fathers of our history
Uphold the anciency and prophecy
Trust in the power of the Trinity, yeah
Got to believe in His Majesty
Oh yes, his lineage an divinity
The first step is serenity
Knowing one self's true royalty, yeah

You don't ha fi dread to be rasta, yeah
(don't ha fi dread)

Don't be afraid of Jah ever burning fire
Trust in Jah fire and you never get burn
The fire that reigns over heat, air and water
No water can put out Jah fire
Jah fire gonna lift Rasta higher

You don't ha fi dread to be rasta, yeah
(don't ha fi dread)

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/8/2013 6:57:29 PM

Clean Free and Wild Hair just grows into great dreeadlocks, but the dreadlock have no spiritual power with out the spirit of JAH LOVE RADIATING OUTTA THE CROWN CHAKRA

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/8/2013 11:42:29 PM

Selassie I never said is not God.

RasTafarI know that Selassie I is the King of Kings spoken of in the Book of Revelation, the One who the dragon fights against and yet overcomes.

Messenger: SAKI Sent: 4/9/2013 2:05:51 AM

GREETINGS InI I IS MAKING IT A FACTS WHICH IS A BLESSING FACTS WHEN InI PROCLAIMS.BLESSINGS I'S MY BREDTHRENS.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/9/2013 6:47:15 AM

Blessed Love Jessep86

The I said... 'dont haffa dread to be Rasta'

I see the growing of locks in the same way as marriage ie a covenant between a one and RasTafarI. As a ones love grows for his empress he gradually sees the true meaning and is drawn toward the oneness of marriage. Same way RasTafarI people as they grow in the trod, will be drawn by spiritual revelation to lock, its just the natural destination for RasTafarI people.

Zion Child,
The I needs to find RasTafarI for the I self, don't let no man convince the I either way..... I would suggest starting by studying the life and works of Haile Selassie I (both biographies and speaches available for free on this site)Compare HIM works and character with the works and character of Christ in the New Testament.

RasTafarI people WILL see no division between the two just perfect oneness.

RasTafarI

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/9/2013 5:35:01 PM

thanks for all of the information.....BLESS

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 4/14/2013 12:18:59 PM

Blessings ZionChild
Haile Selassie NEVER denied his divinity. What he said is that no human being can emanate from a deity. He didnt say he wasnt JAH. And even when he did that doesnt mean he isnt. RasTafarI know the truth and see it in HIM. And lets talk about the hair now. So i have to say think good and take your time to decide what you want. Why would you backcomb your hair? EVERYONE can lock up their hair naturally. Dont matter how straight your hair is. If you want to backcomb just for the look then thats like a "fashion dread". But its your choice to do what you want. RasTafarI is an very induvidual and iritual journey. I recommend to take your time and lock up your hair natural. Its the way everyones hair should be.

Greetings
Holy Emanuel I Selassie I JAH RasTafarI
Ras Hemp

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/12/2017 11:28:51 PM

Do you have any evidence or proof of Selassie I denying being the black heavenly father,the creator and mighty God of ages. ?

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I