Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5088&start_row=31

Why can't anybody go near the place of the Ark of Covenant

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/16/2013 9:31:19 PM

I'm sorry Raybob what is "pre-African history"? I've never come across that phrase before, anywhere. Those laws were always African law.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/17/2013 12:00:37 AM

I meant history of a time before the word "Africa" was invented, or coined, to hide the meaning of the promised land.

Back to the topic, I found this on Wiki:
------------------
Ark of the Covenant

St. Mary of Zion claims to contain the original Ark of the Covenant. Reportedly, the Ark was moved to the Chapel of the Tablet adjacent to the old church because a divine 'heat' from the Tablets had cracked the stones of its previous sanctum. Emperor Haile Selassie's wife, Empress Menen, paid for the construction of the new chapel.

According to tradition, the Ark came to Ethiopia with Menelik I after he visited his father King Solomon. Only the guardian monk may view the Ark,[1] in accordance with the Biblical accounts of the dangers of doing so for non-Kohanim. This lack of accessibility, and questions about the account as a whole, has led foreign scholars to express doubt about the veracity of the claim. The guardian monk is appointed for life by his predecessor before the predecessor dies. If the incumbent guardian dies without naming a successor, then the monks of the monastery hold an election to select the new guardian. The guardian then is confined to the chapel of the Ark of the Covenant for the rest of his life, praying before it and offering incense.
+++++++++++

Seems tradition is only thing stopping anyone from seeing it. It was evidently moved by men recently, to the Chapel of the Tablet, next door to Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion. Funny, that tradition has only non-Kohanim being not permitted. I looked up "Kohanim" and found my Grandmother's maiden name "Cohen". Also means priest. Hmmm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Our_Lady_Mary_of_Zion

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I