Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5087&start_row=11

Genesis 1

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/31/2013 3:44:29 PM

Ye mi idrens. More love. Isa pitty dat many rasta people still worship de sky Jesus despite all de decolonization effort of Garvey. De belief in sky Jesus has now bn disguised as worship of Selassie I. Selassie I has bn converted to sky Jesus. To many now rasta is nolonger a black power movement but christianity. Many black people nolonger foward to Africa but dem are obsessed with de so called sky heaven. Many of dem now na want no more ital, all dem want is flesh. People can change but but mama nature shall stand.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/1/2013 2:00:59 AM

Adam and Eve is the first man and woman. Its called the ALPHA AND OMEGA.
JESUS CHRIST IS THE ALPHA AND OMEGA
IN THE BEGINNING IS JESUS CHRIST
EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I DEFENDS THE FAITH OF CHRISTIANS
RASTAFARI IS ABOUT DEFENDING THE CHRISTIAN FAITH
CHRISTIAN IS ABOUT ACCEPTING CHRIST.
RASTAFARI IS A CHRISTIAN AND DEFENDS THE FAITH
RASTAFARI IS THE CREATOR
THE CREATOR IS GOD
GOD IS JESUS CHRIST
EITHER ONE ACCEPTS HIM THE SAVIOUR
OR NOT

I can't force.
I am just a beliver in the faith of Jesus Christ and no incarnation but am a new creation in RASTAFARI JESUS CHRIST
PRAISE THE LIVING GOD
JAH RASTAFARI
THE GOD OF EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD
NOT FALSE PROPHETS,
NO FALSE IMAGES
ONLY ONELOVE, ONLY ONENESS IN JAH
FAITH IN JAH
RASTAFARI
LET THE DEAD BE RAISED AND JAH BE PRAISED

MOST HIGH

Messenger: Sister Sent: 4/1/2013 3:41:43 AM

Melchezidek, I hear what you say about Meat being acceptable, and clean animals permissible as food. In using the Bible for guidance, it's not always to be taken as an atlas, to be literally replicated. Perception is in the I of the beholder. If that beholder chooses to take on animal flesh as means of sustenance is up to him, if chooses not due to his own conscience, is not wrong or misguided. As you say food is food an what is in the heart is of more significance, if what is in the heart is non-participation in what in these times is a heathen pursuit Jah will be accepting.

I hear you saying Christ is the redeemer, not the actions, or diet, but is not to say livity doesnt matter as physical and spiritual realms are one. How I see, Rastaman is liberator for the oppressed, FREEDOM fighter, deliverer of truth, not out to oppress, to indoctrinate or lead another into false ways. Before man and woman there is JAH. Dont get lost in mighty words and assertions.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/1/2013 6:43:22 AM

Give thanks Sister for that positive energy. Yes, I and I accept the fact of being one with nature. I see africans still living their old ways and traditions of their roots that these things they was doing since the days of Noah, and they still do them today. They don't go buy their food from the shop. They hunt and gather foods of all sorts just to fill their starving families of more than a hundred family members waiting to be fed. The people lives like this and fights for freedom and fights for their land back from the white man, so they can hunt and feed their families.
Its not only in the bible but also in the glory of the kings about Noah and the clean animals and unclean animals, seeing the book is read by Idren here.
I and I accept those people hunting to gather food for their families and can fill the hunger in africa.
Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia say:
'Let the Hunger be fed.'
'Let the Naked be clothed.'
'Let the sick be nourished.'
'Let the infants be cared for.'
'Let the age be protected.'
Thats what the Emperor of Ethiopia says.

BLESSED LUV
SELAH

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/1/2013 2:13:07 PM

Mechelzidek have yu bn to Africa? Who told yu Africans depend on hunting for food? Don't lie about Africa broda. Agriculture is de main source of food here ina Africa. Plant food is de main food eaten ina Africa. Plant food is cheaper than meat n animal products here ina Africa. So de saying "let de hungry be fed'' refer to plant food fo plants (especialy starchy crops like maize) are de staple food ina Africa.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/1/2013 2:20:30 PM

Whats wrong with I and I. Everytime the I thinks I'm lying. I know what I speak of. For now, I speak of the Christ. So to open your heart to the living God.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/1/2013 4:09:25 PM

Broda, speakin fo de christ doesn't mean yu should lie. I asked yu if yu'v bn to Africa? Don't take we Africans fo a joke broda. I man isa proud African ina Africa so I don't tolerate it when people like yu lie about Africa in mi presence. I n I are all in dis site to sharpen one anada through iritical reasoning n sharing of iledge so humble ya self broda. No one but all is de teacher here so don't try to be de teacher or preacher above everyone. We all lern some things from each other. Dis aint a competion of beliefs. I n I affe tolerent of each other's theological differences. Even His Majesty promoted it. Iron sharpen iron. One perfect love.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 4/1/2013 5:59:07 PM

Yes my broda, I am in africa. I know african native tribes who seek their land back from the white man. The fight is not over. I and I can't go fetch I and I native herbs because the white man is dangerous and want to charge I and I of trespassing. I and I tell de white man its the Native land and belongs to Jah Idren. The coughts of law is known about this and gave portions of the land for them natives to hunt for food. We will still fight for all our land back. It is written in the glory of the kings that the animals were created for Adam to name and for food. It is written that the clean I and I shall eat, and the unclean I and I shall not eat.
Blessed luv
Hola Irit

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/2/2013 12:39:44 AM

Which part of Africa or country? If de I is ina Africa den yu affe tel de real tings heppening ina Africa. Herbs fo healing are gathered from de wild but food is mainly from farming. Offcos dere are very few individuals who do hunt but even with dem de hunting is to supplement de Agric produce. Besides hunting is prohibited in most parts of Africa. We do collect wild fruits n some even wild mushrooms but dat is only to supplement de main food we harvest in from de garden. It's also not true dat Africans don't go to supermarkets. Dere are shops ina Africa even in deep rural areas. Africans do buy. Blessed love.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/23/2014 1:48:04 PM

I have some issues re: Genesis.

1) How could there have been daylight (and vegetation / trees) before the creation of the Sun and Moon?

2) Names: Adam and Eve. Are we really to believe the first ever human being was named the contemporary name of Adam?

3) According to scripture, Cain and Able took unto them "wives from the daughters of men". If A&E were the first people on earth, then where did the "daughters of men" come from?

- this is where the Hebrew Israelite interpretation that Adam and Eve were not the first comes from. How they see it, when God put the breath of Life into Adam, this wasn't the creation of the first human being. But the first human being to be Uplifted with the spirit of God ie Life. They believe Adam (or Adam and Eve) represent the first of 'God's people'

3.5) If you don't subscribe to the above theory. Then how would you explain the implied incest of Genesis?

4) What do ones think about Lilith?

- the way a Sister described this to me was you can tell the Bible was written by a misogynistic male as Lillith, Adams first wife was decribed as a female Demon (from the land of Demons outside the Garden of Eden) because of her refusal to become his SUBservient She was punished for this and replaced by Eve - subserviant to Adam. After all, the man is the superior to the woman within the household according to the Bible.......

5) In ALL depictions throughout history, Adam and Eve both seem to possess a Navel. Thoughts?

- this may be a none issue seen as pictures were made secondary to the creation story. But it serves as an interesting point within the subconscience of Biblical painters and sculptors.

6) God or Gods? "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." The original Hebrew word usually translated as "God" here is elohim, which is actually the plural form. Literally, this verse reads, "in the beginning, the GODS created the heavens and the earth."

- This is one of several places in the Bible where God is referred to in the plural. Reference is also made of the 'Queen of Heaven" (Jeremiah 7:18 and Jeremiah 44:17-25)

Appendix 1

Lilith:
Lilith (Hebrew: ל;;י;;ל;;י;;ת;;‎;;; lilit, or lilith) is a Hebrew name for a figure in Jewish mythology, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, who is generally thought to be in part derived from a class of female demons Lī;;lī;;ṯ;;u in Mesopotamian texts of Assyria and Babylonia.
Evidence in later Jewish materials is plentiful, but little information has been found relating to the original Akkadian and Babylonian view of these demons. The relevance of two sources previously used to connect the Jewish Lilith to an Akkadian Lilitu—the Gilgamesh appendix and the Arslan Tash amulets—are now both disputed by recent scholarship.[1] The two problematic sources are discussed below.[2]
The Hebrew term Lilith or "Lilit" (translated as "Night creatures", "night monster", "night hag", or "screech owl") first occurs in Isaiah 34:14, either singular or plural according to variations in the earliest manuscripts, though in a list of animals. In the Dead Sea Scrolls Songs of the Sage the term first occurs in a list of monsters. In Jewish magical inscriptions on bowls and amulets from the 6th century CE onwards, Lilith is identified as a female demon and the first visual depictions appear.
In Jewish folklore, from the 8th–10th century Alphabet of Ben Sira onwards, Lilith becomes Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time (Rosh Hashanah) and from the same earth as Adam. This contrasts with Eve, who was created from one of Adam's ribs. The legend was greatly developed during the Middle Ages, in the tradition of Aggadic midrashim, the Zohar, and Jewish mysticism.[3] In the 13th century writings of Rabbi Isaac ben Jacob ha-Cohen, for example, Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangel Samael.[4] The resulting Lilith legend is still commonly used as source material in modern Western culture, literature, occultism, fantasy, and horror.

Appendix 2

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I