Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5087&start_row=41

Genesis 1

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/6/2014 2:22:42 PM

Forget science, just look to Mother Nature, Mdu Ntr, The Great Mother.....

SHE has taught us many things.

I will never overstand why people will choose to ignore HER teachings and her law, over a book.

Mother Nature show I say the Sun come before Life on Earth, people aren't born from dirt and ribs etc and etc.

A Fable is a fable.... Mumma Nature is the divine

LIFE over Genesis I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/6/2014 6:27:58 PM

Yes Garveys Africa, that seems most logical and I think what the I say is the most likely order, but we have no real knowledge of what the universe was like in those times. It is just one guess over another.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/6/2014 8:05:48 PM

Give thanks idren for this reasoning. So good for the I to read and overstand each icepts of I&I.
This Genesis story must be an allegory. That doesn't make it false, only non-literal. Please accept with the rational mind JAH has given I&I that this iration took more than 6 days of 24 hours to come to exist as it does. When the I sights the verses that brother Ark I shared, this makes sense.
The existence of Earth before the rest of the Iniverse, that is an egocentric way of thinking, just as the idea of the sun rotating around the Earth is.
Thanks to brother Garveys Africa for the images of Seshet, that certainly does look like the cannabis leaf to I. Interesting that modern anthropologists would hesitate to call it so. Downpression of the sacred herb is just part of Babylon system I sight.
In reference to issue number six the I has mentioned, God or Gods? I have spoken with those who read ancient Hebrew, not the modern one used today but the original that the text was written in. They all attest to the phrase Elohim being plural, but accompanied by verbs that are conjugated singularly except when the word Elohim is referring to other gods, idols, etc. This shows I that the Hebrews were trying to write about something they had no name for, and they adopted a word, Elohim, to describe their deity. However, I do not yet read those texts and can only take their word for it.
Even more than this word Elohim makes I question the identity of the creator(s), the verse in Genesis 1:26 when the creator says "let US make mankind in OUR image, after OUR own likeness," seems to more than imply that creation was a joint effort.
Unless I&I look at these stories as allegory, modern science has to be thrown out the window. And not scientific theories either, like evolution (which has so much support that it is hard to deny on a micro level if not macro) but scientific fact, like the I has mention about gravity.
Blessed love to all bredren and sistren. Let the love remain even when I&I sight things differently. Iron sharpeth iron.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/6/2014 11:09:13 PM

Garveys Africa, the I said to forget science and look to Mother Nature. It also seems obvious to I when looking to Mother Nature that the Sun came before the Earth, and other things seem obvious, but they are obvious because of what we have learned through science. That doesn't mean it is impossible to Iverstand it without that knowledge, but because we have learned it, we can't ignore the high likelihood that it is a big factor in what we consider obvious. All through history, people looked to Mother Nature, and different people thought different things were obvious, but they were wrong, at least in part. If we didn't gain the knowledge that came from science, what seems obvious by looking to Mother Nature would be different then what seems obvious to us now, not in all aspects, but in some and possibly several.

It may sometimes feel like we have just independently understood a thing, but usually it is just deduction based on previous knowledge we have gained. And sometimes, if not more than sometimes, the core of that knowledge is one or more unproven assumption. So we shouldn't make the same mistake as in the past and be too sure about things that seem obvious. There are some things we have Learned as people that are most likely, if not definitely true, but we should always keep our mind open to other possibilities, even when compared with some of the things that seem definitely true.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/7/2014 3:09:45 AM

Most definitely King. Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see.

But this only I personal opinion, the whole supernatural vs natural argument.

Giving thanks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I