Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5076&start_row=51

Rasta livity

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 75
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 12/28/2013 4:45:05 PM

Has Haile Selassie ever denied the claim that He is the Almighty of GOD?

You say this and you say that; it doesn't make it true and it doesn't make it Rasta. Many Rasta see HIM as Jesus/ Yeshua/ Christ and still they are Rasta. If they use the Bible, that does not mean they are not Rasta.

I agree that Rasta does not have to deal with the Bible to know Haile Selassie. However I disagree that if a Rasta does deal with the Bible then it makes him/ her Christian, or not a Rasta.

Many churches I have been to and none of them have shared my interpretation of the Bible like Rastafari Brethren and Sistren have.

I have reasoned with many Rasta about Jesus and the Bible. Many Rasta have taught I about the Bible and Jesus with no rejection, other than the white image of Jesus. I know my trod is in and with Rastafari. Rastafari is my livity.

Is it just the name Jesus you reject? Or do you also reject that Yeshua ben Yosef as Christ also?

Blessings Garveys Africa,
May JAH RasTafarI guide and protect you

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 12/28/2013 7:07:49 PM

HIM NEVER denied his divinity. Many RasTafarI people use the bible and many don't. I and I and I should Raspect one another Idren and Sistren for their views on certain things. Hail to the most high I Haile I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/28/2013 7:30:09 PM

Ahhh you see the logics. I cannot Burn Christ because why on earth would i want to burn a saviour? I am SURE there was nobody called JESUS CHRIST. So i burn that. Now to deal with Yoshua / or any other name, even Heru.... its all speculative, there are no firm ideas or firm collective evidence. So i deal with what i KNOW as truth. There was nobody called Jesus. Haile Selassie is our saviour and redeemer. Anything after that is uncertainty. I dont deal with belief i deal with knowledge...

Haile selassie never as far as we are aware stated that He was God or the Almighty
to say "well he never said he wasnt" isnt the point
WE RASTA PEOPLE said this off our own back.

What i am saying - WE AS RASTA PEOPLE started a whole new interpretation of the bible with the declaration of HIM as GOD through bible text. The bible had never been interpreted in this way by any of Christianity before. As you said Iyah Oats (i think we are coming to some sort of agreement here) You have been to many Church who interpret the Bible different to the I. Haile Selassie as an Orthodox Christian DID NOT look to the bible and start declaring to everyone he was GOD......
Therefore, ALL RASTA whether you burn bible or not - interprets the bible DIFFERENTLY to the religion of HAILE. Its just a fact..... no matter how CLOSE to the Orthodox Church you want to make it - as long as you are saying HIM is the Almighty you are DIFFERENT to any orthodox Christian. A so it go.....

ANYWAY when we check it - HAILE NEVER really went deep into the bible like that in terms of specific references and such. He spoke of a Christ, he spoke of his Throne and the line of David (he also talked about the side of the throne NOT in the bible) but thats really it. He also stated it is up to YOU to deccipher the truth from the lies (in general). He frequently told his people to LIVE GOOD and LIVE AS GOOD CHRISTIANS.

Imagine this - Rasta, including Garveys Africa who doesnt use bible. STILL lives as a good christian according to the bible and his majestys teachings.
Whats worse, I see most people who read / use the bible DO NOT live as 'good christians' by biblical standards. Theres a problem.....

Dont go too much into literal detail with this bible thing. Thats all i could ask. Its definitely not 100% correct, its definitely written by man (whether inspired or not). The point is - KNOW YOURSELF, KNOW YOUR CULTURE, AND JUST LIVE GOOD!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/28/2013 7:48:55 PM

To further my point....

There are MANY stories of 'JESUS' written in biblical times which were NOT chosen to be included in the bible by the Roman Council of Nicea in the 4th century.
I'd suggest having a quick read..... The Aquarian Gospel of JC says Jesus learned ALL of his knowledge and spirituality from EGYPT.

(now i am NOT saying i believe any of it - I dont deal with belief)

But WHO SAYS these stories are NOT true and NOT the word of God
and the chosen New Testament books WERE the truth as God put it?

This was ALL decided by ROME. Are we to really go with this? WHY did somebody write Jesus got his knowledge from Egypt? Why was this left out? ......Gods plan?

- Now some rasta WILL read the bible and take out of it what they need. They will also read the other LOST books of the bible... anfd they will read ANYTHING and EVERRYTHING without limiting their knowledge and knowing when to decipher truth from lie. THIS IS WHAT I PREE.

But theres rasta (one in particular on this website) who will say BURN ANY OTHER BOOKS NOT IN THE BIBLE, BURN ANCIENT SCROLLS, BURN ANY OTHER TEXT......

That will be detrimental to us if it continues....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/28/2013 8:06:14 PM

Rasta cannot be a member of the Church of Jah, by declaring Jah as the Almighty.

In Jamaica, i hear they have stopped initiating new members into the Orthodox church WITH THEIR LOCKS ON.

This all has to stoP.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 12/29/2013 1:28:09 AM

Yes Iyah, I think we have reached some sort of an agreement. I too say study the lost books. The Gospel of Thomas teaches about coming to oneness through this dualistic reality. It also teaches that we are a twin too Christ. I have not read The Aquarian Gospel of JC, I'll give it read sometime.

More Christians were killed under Constantine and his "Christianized" Rome; than when Rome was pagan. A Big Lie is being taught, and has been for generations. A "whitewashed" reality we have been given.

Another Reason I am Rasta. I seek the Truth. Half the story, the Black story, is not being told. Well, I and I Rastafari are telling it. This is one reason I sight these times as revelation times. Because what has been hidden in the dark; is now coming to light. Even those in power are seldom hiding their actions. They often tell us their evil and gloat in these times. Read quotes from David Rothchild, he boasts about his wickedness.

I overs the I's point about the Bible; Rasta have their own interpretation of the Bible and scriptures, different than the Christians.

I sight Rasta livity as true Christian livity. Yes I, even Rasta who don't use the Bible are often living a more Christian and righteous life than the so called Christians. One of my biggest problems with Christianity; is I see too many Christians not living Christ's teachings. Many other things I can say, but know need to do so.

I don't deal with burning books; though I and I can agree: Fyah burn the wickedness within the Bible or any other Scripture. Burn it out! So I and I are left with righteous teachings.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/29/2013 3:13:23 AM

Haile I
Jesus is a slavery god,remember,they came in the name of Jesus to rape,robe.kill and steal,with the same bible in their hands.
The bible is only a small part of a hidden truth,which they twisted to enslave I and I.As a result,I and I see the book contradicting itself,some stories are not told in fulness,inaccuracy,and some are not even realistic.e.g The prophecy of a Messiah from David's loins,it is said Jesus,but when I look,the man has no David's blood.
"The government shall be upon His shoulder,"but when I look,the man was not even a Prince.
You see,this Jesus character was created to vex I and I.Its all Selassie I mentioned in it,as the Man Promised to Return from long time ago before Jesus exist(note:Selassie I walked on earth in Ancient of Days and promised our fathers to return).
So the return of the Messiah,didnt mean the return of Jesus.
Africans have to know that we have deep Irituality from long time ago,before even the existance of Jesus,so are our forefathers in hell?are they condemned?
People say HIM,Marcus,Howell believed in Jesus,so are we.If so,why grow your locks?why grow your beard?why eat Ital?
Were Marcus and Howell dreadlocked and bearded?
So the livity must mean more than to follow these men.

Man must know,Rastafari livity is an Incient Livity,it existed even before Rastafari was born
Selah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/29/2013 10:44:02 AM

And I've not read the gospel of Thomas - I will look into that the prospect of duality sounds interesting.....

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/8/2014 1:19:07 PM

Lol...when it comes to this topic I remember the time when I reasoned about this with binghi Idrens on a social network group,they deleted I out of the group afta I seh burn god,jesus n christianity.

Many cant overs dat if they still have the concept of Father,Son n ghost in dem minds.

Iman seh,Mother,Father n child as ONE being.I am I ancestors and them are I.
Haile Selassie I,Power of the Hola Trinity,mother,father and child as ONE.This makes Haile Selassie an Irit or divinity in I and I revealing thru Ras Tafari Makonnen of Ithiopia.

So for real,Haile I Selassie I,bcz I am the Power of the trinity,I am the true,entire universe.

Burn God
Burn Jesus
Burn Christianity
Burn Bible

No apology about dat.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/8/2014 1:28:28 PM

More and More Rasta children are coming to this overstanding

I reason with a daughter only yesterday - you can't tell her NOTHIN about God, Jesus, Bible..... dem language can't enter that sister household. And she Rasta to the bone.

Jah Children RISING.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 75

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I