Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5076&start_row=31

Rasta livity

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 75
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/27/2013 7:51:52 PM

I totally disagree. There were NO Muslim slavemasters in Jamaica. It has always been a Christian colony... What else were we going to use to validate a new theology.

If Jamaica was a Muslim country following the Quran I firmly believe we would have sighted up Haile in the same way. And would only have been a matter of time before we elevate past the Quran.

Many rasta in Ethiopia were previously Muslim and have come through the trod this way. Infact there are almost as many Muslims in Ethiopia as Christian.

People can dress it up all they want and pretty up things. Haile was a Christian. A full on Christian. So don't come with pseudo Christian / rasta fusion ideology and then tell others we are this and we are that true we don't deal with bible. NO rasta follows Christianity as Haile said one should - if they did they wouldn't be rasta, they would e orthodox, go church every sabbath, take Eucharist and everything. Rasta has never been about that. rasta is not orthodox Christian nor any other Christian group. The mere fact rasta (who love bible) state haile is the return of Jesus Christ is direct unquestionable BLASPHEMY to the religion of haile sealssie. So what now. A problem now....... I am yet to see a rasta follow haile selassie a religion. So I don't even overs the argument

Rasta does not depend on or NEED Christianity.

Haile selassie I religion never tell I to ital, never tell I to locks, never tell I to pree Africa, never tell I most of what is now accepted rasta culture. Therefore there must be a deeper meaning and over standing of what haile means to rasta. It is not his religion.

Let me end with this:
As MUTA says - you don't have to adopt the religion of your mother to love your mother, follow her word, and hold her as a divine presence in ur life. So what's the problem?

Whoever doesn't overstand this principle ask yourself is your mother a rasta? And if not..... Does this mean ur not a follower of ur mother? U don't listen to ur mother? U don't LOVE her?

..... These reasonings getting tired. Burn stagnation

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/27/2013 8:02:57 PM

Earlier on in I Trod, before the popularity of the internet, RasTafarI people I knew never spoke against the scriptures, and if they said burn Jesus, they were burning the European image and concept of Jesus, not Yeshua from the Bible. They made a distinction between Yeshua in the Bible and Jesus of the churches, they would normally call him Yesus.

I first started hearing of people burning out the bible after the internet got big and there were alot more people using it. I first started hearing it from Africans living in the United States (living there because of slavery). They came and Reasoned on RasTafarI websites. Some said they were RasTafarI, and some didn't. It was a few years after that, when I started to hear Mutabaruka speaking about it, and after that it became a more popular and widespread concept.

I first heard Mutabaruka speaking about it when he came to speak in Toronto several years ago. I thanked him for what he said, because it helped I to not be so biased toward the bible. I already didn't accept everything I read in the Bible because I could see some of the ways were the ways of men, and other ways were the ways of God. So I used I consciousness to distinguish what didn't make sense to accept. But hearing Mutabaruka caused I to be even more critical about it.

I didn't accept Mutabaruka's thoughts about the bible completely, because I still find it to have many good and useful teachings, but I don't accept everything written in the bible.

Sometimes people are too prone to go to extremes, either complete bias towards the bible, rejecting everything else, or complete bias against the bible. Or complete rejection of all ways of their ancestors before Christianity, or accepting everything of their ancestors before Christianity, whether good or bad.

I and I should improve ourselves every generation, so that I and I Rise higher than our parents. And I and I should make sure our children Learn from ourselves and our ancestors, so that they can Rise higher than I and I.

I have said before

================================
Rise instead of fall

When I trod through the earth, I give thanks to RasTafarI for every piece of Wisdom and Iverstanding Jah give I. I won't refuse Wisdom and Iverstanding that comes from the writings of KMT, the bible, quran or any other book or person. But I will refuse foolishness that comes from any of these sources.

People should make use of the teachings of our ancestors and the ancestors of our family all around the world, instead of using the teachings to separate ourselves and for excuses to quarrel with one another.

You can find people all over picking apart the writings of all cultures to "prove" they are false. All this is vanity of vanities.

There are teachings in all these books that are useful and righteous. Would it not be better for people to spend their time to filter through these books to gather all the righteous wisdom that can be found, instead of spending their days filtering through the books to gather the falsehoods or foolishness.

People need to change their focus in Life, or we will continue generation after generation in foolishness. I and I focus should be on rising ourself and others to rise closer to Jah RasTafarI, learning all righteousness and making it I and I Life. And learning the spiritual mystical ways of Jah, so I and I can rise into the Image we have refused for so long.

In the beginning, Jah made the word, and that word was taught to I and I original Mother and Father. Throughout the centuries, our generations rose and fell, lost some of the Wisdom and Spirituality we had, and refined and gained more Iverstanding of Wisdom and Spirituality that we didn't Iverstand before. There are many similarities between the cultures and stories of the world because we were all created with this word. And the similarities are also because throughout the centuries people learned from eachother and I and I still learn from eachother today. Egyptians taught many people, but Egyptians also learned from many people.

Written history is only a small part of World history. Part of world history was not written because people didn't have writing, and other parts weren't written because people didn't want to write them. Part of world history was written, but was burned with fire and lava, washed away with water, blown away with the wind, shaken and destroyed with earthquake, destroyed by invading people. Also part of World history is hidden by the descendants of the writers, because the books don't support the lies of the descendants, or they embarrass the descendants, or they are secrets the descendants don't want known.

Written history is also a big part of the World lies. Every nation creates falsehoods or hides parts for propaganda, this happens now and has happened for as long as people have been spreading "news".

So instead of being indoctrinated by the lies of one people and refusing the truths of another. Indoctrinate yourself with the truths of one people and indoctrinate your self with the truths of another. Refuse the falsehoods of one people and refuse the falsehoods of another.

Otherwise, you will always be misguided. Jah is the only guide, look to Jah and Jah will show the difference between truth and falsehoods.

As I have repeated so many times on this forum:

Selassie I say,

By the word "neutral" We do not, of course, mean that abstention from political activity which has been for so long the hallmark of a Switzerland. We can no more refrain from political activity in the year 1961 than man today can voluntarily refrain from partaking of the radioactive fall-out which will be bestowed upon him should a nuclear holocaust erupt on this globe. Nor does neutrality mean that without taking sides, we content ourselves with urging that the powers most intimately concerned negotiate in good faith to the solution of the issues in dispute between them; we have passed the point where prayerful pleading serves any purpose other than to debase those who thereby abdicate any responsibility or power to influence events.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Belgrade Conference

This Wisdom can be applied in so many situations and is useful in all. Whether you are speaking about the policies of a nation, or culture. Or the words of a person. Or the books of partial-and-sometimes-false-history we read, or the partial-and-sometimes-false-news of today we hear.

By learning this Wisdom of RasTafarI, you will gain the best from that what is around you and you will drive away the worse from that what is around you.
================================

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/27/2013 8:11:43 PM

Ark I, let me reason with you direct. You say you don't accept everything in the bible and believe some of it may have been changed? It is not a 100% literal book unchanged of gods pure word. Right? I agree with the I depending on how it is used and reasoned then there is much good within the bible. Of course! Not all Christian r wicked, half of Ethiopia is Christian!

I feel we are arguing the same point it's just some rasta put it down completely and some still pick Around it.

However, the problem comes as there are many many rasta and people in general who take every word as gods literal word and anything else is blasphemy accountable by damnation to hell. Fire and brimstone and what not.

When dealing with issues like: the man is the head of the woman, or wicked egypt and wicked pharoah, or even the shame of wearing locks

- I think you personally would be able to reason out what sounds right and what may not necessarily be right or correct in the literal sense. But not everybody will do this. Many rasta you can't come talk to them about African spirituality because it's not in the bible so a devil work. You can't talk to them about the throne of Makeda and such because only the biblical David line they will accept to deal with. This goes on and on and on.....

If you deal with the bible critically the cool. But many people, more than maybe the I overs, don't see it so. The people chanting down the bible are the minority

ALL I am saying, is rastafari culture is not DEPENDANT on the bible and Christianity. Without these two things rasa would still de ya!!! Clean hands and pure in heart samese way. As rasta, we represent a throne and a people who stretch far beyond Christianity. It is this concept I a deal with. But through the Christian mindset and lack of critical thinking - many rasta nah deal with that at all

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/27/2013 8:12:20 PM

I didn't mean to imply that any Jamaicans had muslim slavemasters. I put it in brackets as an aside, mentioning that some people in the world had muslim slavemasters.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/27/2013 8:21:14 PM

Yes I, Garveys Africa, I agree and have known people like the I mentions. I am just saying that there is no need to go to such an extreme as complete rejection of the bible. Maybe the I and other people that have come here are not doing that within your own mind, but it sure sounds like that is what is being done when I and I see the Reasonings made. And if the I has the desire to open people's eyes so that they use their own mind to think, instead of just blindly accepting everything they read in the bible, then coming and ridiculing the bible and making it sound like they should completely reject the bible is a waste of energy, because many will just shut their ears and eyes to your words and everything you show them will have no good effect, because it will be ignored.

It is just the way people are, if you offend them about something that is close to them and that they feel strongly about, then once they see that offence, the things said after that, and possibly even the things said before will not be processed in their mind, because the offence is too strong in their thoughts, and overpowers everything else.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/28/2013 1:16:22 AM

Jesus Christ. Prove to me Haile Selassie I existed. God

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 12/28/2013 10:27:01 AM

Garveys Africa,

You call me a Christian because I study the Bible and have love for Jesus? Did not Leonard Howell say that Haile Selassie was the Messiah returned to the Earth? Did not Marcus Garvey call Christ the greatest reformer? Did not the UNIA canonized Jesus as a Black Man of Sorrows and the Virgin Mary as a Black Madonna?

So why didn't Howell, Garvey, or Selassie reject Jesus?

Yes I, I know of kmt and that there are others that teach like Muta; but you are constantly quoting Muta and that is why I have said "Muta's teachings", seen? Muta chooses what he teaches and you have quoted him on those teachings.

I agree with Muta when he says, "Go beyond the Bible." I say it is a must that we have deep knowledge and overstanding. Iself studies beyond the Bible; it is one source of knowledge, not the only source.

I don't agree with separating the Bible, Jesus, Christianitny, etc; from the Rasta movement. They have, since the beginning of the movement, been part of the movement. Why remove those elements when Howell and Garvey did not?

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 12/28/2013 11:05:59 AM

I see you also called I a hypocrit. You also say that I have tried to discredit Muta? Not so. I agree with Muta on some of his teachings, and I disagree with Muta on some of his teachings. Am I supposed to just believe everything Muta says?

You are very defensive when it comes to Muta. Maybe you are this way in general. Quick tempered burning fyah on everything. Cool it, or you may just burnout.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/28/2013 11:15:10 AM

Iyah oats

You need to consider the differences between Christ, a messiah, and Jesus Christ. Christ and Jesus Christ are two separate entities. I can't reason with you if you dot know these simple definitions and there differences

Haile selassie is our Christ. Howell was not wrong.

There have been many Christs.

And the only reason the early Rastas did this was because they were previously Christianised. All they knew was Christian doctrine.

Can I also say, I'd suggest revising the first rasta and other information sources re: early rastafari. It was the recognition of a black king, an African throne with a ful beard and unapologetic African features who first drew people to rastafari in Jamaica. Not the bible. Bible validation was secondary. This is important......it is what he stands for and represents what makes him our divine saviour and not a Jesus story.

One does not need a bible to be a rasta

And I suggested you become a Christian because you claim the bible is the word of god + haile selassie who you claim is god, does not interpret the bible in the way you do, he interprets it as an orthodox Christian. So who is anybody to argue with jah about his book? If it is his book?

It's crazy

And I am a mutaite just like I am a howellite and a Garveyite. I don't deny our prophets. Your mindset is still enslaved....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/28/2013 11:23:12 AM

And the bible was not there from the beginning of rasta. Rasta here long before bible. And rasta original ites of haile selassie had nothing to do with the bible. Then and now. Prove me wrong

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 75

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I