Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=507&start_row=11

Judgement

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/1/2004 1:21:37 AM

I feel that we were originally created to eat vegetables, that is why in the beginning of Genesis Jah said that the herb will be meat for man.

After the flood Jah told the people that they could eat the animals. I think this was because the flood destroyed the vegetation. But people desired to eat flesh even when the vegetation returned, so Jah gave them laws to show them how to eat the flesh and what flesh is safer to eat.

We have the capabilities to digest flesh, but we are better suited to eat vegetarian.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/1/2004 6:09:19 PM

JAH RastafarI !!!!!!

Thanks Arc I, I was having this kind of similar thinking and am happy to agree with you.

I am still in the process of getting rid of meat anf fish as well as dairy and salt in my diet. Mostly because it is a healthier living. The teachings of JAH just further strengthen my will to become vegan. Salt to me seems the hardest to totally eliminate since with some dishes I am just so used to the extra flavor. I see it more as a thing of the mind to choose not to use it.

Are you 100% ital in that sense?

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/5/2004 12:56:20 AM

The way I eat is mostly focused on the vow of nazarite. So I don't put any kind of dead flesh in my system, whether meat, fish or eggs. I don't drink milk because I don't like the taste, but I eat cheese occasionally. Since the milk of a cow or goat is not dead flesh, I don't mind eating a little cheese, but I limit my consumption of it because I prefer to eat vegetables most of the time and I feel it is not healthy to eat too much dairy products. I also don't drink alcohol, and I try to avoid all parts of the grape vine. But I will sometimes eat something that has a little grape or raisen in it. I have I Iverstanding why I should not eat it, so I know that a small amount will not have an effect. But I won't eat any flesh at all, and if the vegetables comes in contact with flesh, I won't eat it.

I use some sea salt in I food, but I don't use too much, just a little. Salt is necessary for I and I survival, so I don't refuse it, but I know that too much is harmful. It is hard to get enough salt out of the vegetables we eat. If a person desires to get salt only from vegetable sources, then they should eat sea vegetables often. I like eating sea vegetables, but I don't like to eat them all the time, and I know that the sea salt is the same salt that is in the sea vegetables so I use a little. When you get used to only using a little salt, you will be more sensitive and when there is more salt, you won't like the taste.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/5/2004 8:15:56 AM

Good I can follow the I's reasoning. I believe salt has gone through man-made process and that is why InI should avoid it cuz it is not ital. Sea Salt however I would think is better but do you know how it is won?

Respect.
JAH RastafarI

Bergy

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/5/2004 2:43:23 PM

Yes I the sea salt is much better for you. The common table salt has about 850 m of sodium while sea salt has about 3-400m. Champane salt has 200m but it is very expensive.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/7/2004 1:04:20 AM

How it is won?

Does the I mean how they get the salt?

I think they either steam the sea water or let the sea water dry in the sun to collect the salt.

The way they get it depends on the company you buy it from.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/9/2004 6:31:06 AM

Blessed love,

I have heard that His Majesty was a vegan, is this true? I know that He never touched alcohol.

Give Thanks
Ras Zion I

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/9/2004 10:36:14 AM

I beleive His Majesty was, he was a man of self-regulation and promoted good habits along with education.

Also a reason I beleive him to be is because he but a slim man, I would like to know this though for I have decided to try and go strictly vegetarian. Whoever has a copy of H.I.M's autobiography please look this up for I.

Ras ElI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/9/2004 10:48:30 PM

I have heard conflicting stories about what Selassie I eats. Some say He eats flesh, and some say He doesn't.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/10/2004 10:04:30 AM

When i was at Saint Gagrielle(eoc in San Diego ), Tiesfaye Tadessc,
was taking about a chruch in Canada.Do you know if,the to chruches, are working together.From what we were talking about,he said that they are opening chruches all around, welcomeing everyone.

onelove

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I