Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5043&start_row=1

Rastafari and Sadhu

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: apollo Sent: 2/7/2013 2:57:01 PM

InI heard this story today about the influence of sadhu culture, is this true? Do We shares some cultures with them?

"One of the secret roots of rastafari: these photos from the Kumbh Mela, the three yearly Hindu festival now going on (i failed to attach those photos), remind us of one of the usually unacknowledged contributions of India to Caribbean culture. Some 36000 Indians came to Jamaica between 1838 and 1917 as Indentured servants. They brought with them the Hindu idea of the Sadhu-- the ascetic wandering monk, not eating meat, growing his locks, smoking his chillum, living for things of the spirit -- and this is one of the usually forgotten roots of rastafarianism. Every wonder why they call it colly weed: colly weed = Kali weed"

SELASSIE I
RASTAFARI I

Messenger: jah-spear Sent: 2/7/2013 3:54:59 PM

I dont view it as the sadhus influencing Rastafari because Rastafari has existed since before time. There are certain simarities because all the mystics of the world are Iritual brothers. Rastafari was, is, and will forever be. IandI livity is Iternal. But much love to the sadhus.

Haile Selassie I Blessings

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 2/7/2013 5:38:57 PM

Yes I,

I site it like Jah-Spear.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 2/7/2013 10:13:39 PM

truth is eastern Indians DID influence Rastafri so much... As INI are One and the truth is one and inspiring

ganja is a india word, like ganges river the greaterst river, ganja is the greatest plant

Research! Seek the the truth and the truth will set Iya free!

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=177274
LINK UP!

dread locks ganja deep meditations, vegerterian, deep spiritual overstanding, can we not see our own behind the labels! many labels One essence, One heart

Rastafari is from befor the beginning, Rastafari were the first Holy, Righteous Humans though their name may not have been " Rastafari"

Messenger: apollo Sent: 2/8/2013 11:23:06 AM

Greetings with peace and love:

Yes, But also we have to remember that also Rastafari got influence from the Bible as a Nazareth Vow. I understand that Rastafari and Sadhus have some similarity, but do not have to use those similarities and one source to conclude that.

Much love and Respect to Sadhus, I appreciate them.

RasTafarI Love.

Messenger: Baba Sent: 2/14/2013 5:15:23 AM

Greets!

I read once a thesis dat India was populated by Ethiopians...
For example check similarities between amharic word "Ras" and hindi "Raja" or "Raj"....

InI see it similar to Apollo, still InI nuh inna no ism, so InI see a clear difference between InI an a Saduh: Dem worship several gods, idols an spirits! InI serve JAH di only one!

MISGANA LE SELASSIE!

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 1/11/2020 1:30:59 PM

The Auto Bots are taking over this thread ol

Too much jumbled up talk

I do like that the auto bots bring forward random threads, lots of good reasonings on many different things.

So is what it is I guess ha

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 1/11/2020 3:37:25 PM

Baba said, "I read once a thesis dat India was populated by Ethiopians..."

The Bible says in the Book of Esther 1:1-4 "These events happened in the days of King Xerxes, who reigned over 127 provinces stretching from India to Ethiopia. At that time Xerxes ruled his empire from his royal throne at the fortress of Susa. In the third year of his reign, he gave a banquet for all his nobles and officials. He invited all the military officers of Persia and Media as well as the princes and nobles of the provinces. The celebration lasted 180 days—a tremendous display of the opulent wealth of his empire and the pomp and splendor of his majesty."

One story of a King who's kingdom stretched from Ethiopia to India. Look also to the Hindu Kush Mountains. Such a name points to such a time; when the rule of Ethiopia stretched far and wide. There were, in ancient times, Kings and Queens who ruled over the whole Earth.

Menen I
Selassie I
Earths Rightful Rulers

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 1/14/2020 7:33:59 AM

A.L.L.A.H = ARM - LEG - LEG - ARM - HEAD

ALSO ISLAM USE THE FIVE POINT STAR , DADA EMMANUEL MELCHIZEDEK THE BLACK CHRIST TEACH INI THAT THE BLACK FIVE POINT STAR SYMBOLIZE & REPRESENT THE BLACK MAN

HOLY EMMANUEL I TEACHING, THE MAN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS GOD, GOD IS MAN - MAN IS GOD..

MEN OF WRONG ARE SATAN..

HOLY EMMANUEL I, SELASSIE I, JAH RASTAFARI

BTW, "GONG GURU MARAGH/MAHARAJ",

https://unn13.blogspot.com/2016/10/to-walk-in-season-meditative-tribute-to.html

MARCUS I
SELASSIE I
JAH RAS TAFARI

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 2/3/2020 5:02:25 AM

Ites, time-travel and the pentagram, Black Christ, nuff know mathematics and physics already if you read.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I