Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4993&start_row=1

Thoughts

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 1/8/2013 5:46:11 AM

Blessed love

The I has been reading a lot of philosophical writings lately. a lot of these so called new aged ways of thinking promote the opinion that thoughts are illusions and reality can only be observed with a empty mind.

I disagree with this thinking and infact such thinking is actually based on someone elses thoughts. To I thoughts and the mind hold a creational power. Reality is reality because Jah thought it and so it was.

Thoughts of right are real and of Jah, thoughts of wickedness are just illusions of the devil, this is the basis of InI internal spiritual growth and development. InI must remain strong and focused on right, through the strength of RasTafarI the devil will always be defeated and will flee. If InI fail to pick a side then Satan will always be there waiting

Selassie I

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/8/2013 12:19:36 PM

Blessed to all.

Greetings mathew,
yes I ,d so called new age thinking is in fact very ancient but perhaps d process of believing to knowing become more available to d public specially through these internet era,
It is in fact reality is beyond mind such as love cannot be thought but simply to love is by loving and not by thinking, love from d mind is not love but desire,just an imitation of love,thought is like a picture of a flower but not d flower and d beauty of it cannot be compared from a picture to d real flower, that's y beauty too is beyond mind ,its from d heart , when beauty is defined it becomes ugly ,only what mind can explain is appearance but never d beauty ,once beauty is defined it becomes limited , love ,beauty,happiness can never be limited but infinite so it cannot be from d mind.
Past and future is from d mind but now or presence is always beyond mind ,once InI think of now it becomes d past because now is timeless and mind is time , its always been now, InI cannot think of life but live life and is beyond thinking, there many hints in d bible for instance d story of adam and eve after eating d tree of knowledge ,dying become a possiblity because its only d mind dat is born and dies but not life.
Mind is an illusion because InI is aware of it ,mind is just a bunch of thoughts and InI dat is aware of it is beyond it or else InI cannot be aware of it, simply by being aware of d mind already shows dat InI is awareness and not d mind.
on d cruxifiction of jesus d 1 thief is saying to remember them and d other thief said to save them, this is a symbolic story dat d other thief talking in pastense represents d past and d other thief on a future sense represents as d future and between them is jesus or yahshua simply represents 'now' its always now, past and future can be denied but never 'now'.
But d mind has its own function and its function is to be aware of it ,to transcend it and from this transcendence
Unconditional love will flow, because mind creates and separates and awareness simply unites , JAH is awareness and mind is d devil but its never against JAH ,it simply serves JAH ,nothing can be against JAH its only d mind saying it, in fact without d devil d faith of man is weak ,in other words its purpose is to realize JAH is within and always been ,never been gone but always present or its d presence itself. Higher I is awareness and d lower I is d mind. To be aware of d mind it will simply flee ,because its illusion is revealed and JAH or reality remains.
Life is not to be known but to be lived or to experience,and it will reveal that wickedness is d fruit of unawareness.
Heart unites hence love and d mind divides.

InI JAH RASTAFARI.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 1/9/2013 4:19:12 AM

Blessed Love

Give Thanks for the Rasponce Duru

I wonder though my lord, how does the I communicate with the Irits and InI father? What about faith and prayer? Does the I see these things as illusions also?

I read about a study where 2000 Buddhist monks held a compassionate meditation in Tibet. They focused their thoughts on San Francisco and the crime rate dropped by 25%. does this not show the power of thought?

“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
(Gandhi)

Selassie I

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/10/2013 9:14:14 PM

Greetings mathew,
Yes I ,I communicate with d Irits and I father simply by livity or living life to d fullest through love towards all and by being fully aware of it, faith is a trust whole heartedly that love conquers all and that every single moment is a blessing and I give thanks for that, such is a prayer and it doesn't have to come from d mind ,its no illusion simply because a prayer must come from d heart,a thanks giving for life coz its a blessing and an opportunity to express love,this is d true worship.
About d example d I state about d buddhists ,its not really d power of d thoughts but d power of love ,its through love dat dem did it and thought was just a tool to express it , just like I said d mind has its own function and in fact nothing wrong with it its function is to transcend it to realize dat InI is beyond mind, d only problem can occur is if mind is to be seen as an reality such as self identification by or with d mind,such as d name duru or mathew are just tools for life to express itself, life has no identity its infinite and identity is a limitation, I is life such as JAH is life , life is not many but one, only d identity given by d mind though appearance makes it seems to be many and separate but still is one in function ,through this overstanding life is always and never dies only its appearance dies and ever changing but not life, and to realize d movements of life is love ,with this overstanding is peace.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 1/12/2013 5:52:42 PM

Blessed Love Duru

Give Thanks for the clarification.
yes I, Jah is love, LET US ALL LOVE !

In the same way Jah does, love transcends all boundaries and limitations of the flesh and the human mind. Is this what the I is showing? If so I agree also.

I think perception is to blame for a lot of confusion.
If a one has had a good day and walks past a bredren and the bredren doesn't stop to reason. Then guided by positivity the one may think the bredren didn't see him and get on with his day.
On the other hand if a one has had a bad day and the same thing happens then the one guided by negativity may believe the bredren chose to ignore him and may dwell on it for the rest of the day.
For I this doesn't show that thoughts are not real but that InI thoughts should be guided by Jah Love at all times. This is InI gift that separates man from animal.

Bredren does the I see Good and bad, righteous and evil, as mere concepts of the mind also ?
If things just are and concepts of the mind just limit things, where does RasTafarI fit in to this philosophy? They seem like two opposites.

Give thanks for the reasoning very interesting but confusing at the same time

Selassie I Blessings

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/12/2013 11:43:15 PM

Blessed to all.

Greetings mathew,
Yes I , JAH is transcendence itself ,d rising from limitation to infinite,its an infinite growth ,its a ressurection.
Just like d example d I made is a good example, in fact it doesn't really matter if d bredren saw I or not ,since every moment is a blessing, its InI expectation dat is labeling wat is good or bad and a mind function, and through this expectation burden occurs, InI must simply give thanks rather than expect, in fact man is no separate with animal but d ego of man made it so to feel more special, and a mind thing, in fact its only man has d ability to destroy creation simply by using its mind on useless things and expectations.
Symbolically d story of man is gods image is not really man itself but whole creation ,it might start by d man itself simply because d scriptures is made for man itself but d very purpose is to overstand dat d whole creation is a manifestation of JAH and since d seed of d ego its self starts with d identification to man ,it has to be buried ,just like a seed must be buried on ground or in mother earth for life to manifest as a tree and bare its fruits.
Yes I ,good and bad are mere functions of mind since d mind only functions in duality and d unity of it is its transcendence, for instance on a single event when a snake eats a rat ,for d snake its good to eat d rat but bad for d rat to be eaten depends on which perspective but in totality its neither good nor bad but simply how life is,to overstand this life is a blessing , when InI accept life fully meaning good and bad are mere functions then there is no problem in life ,its just how life is,just d expectations of d mind creates problems ,in fact in any sitiuation is a perfect harmony its just InI thoughts of it makes it seem a disharmony or bad, JAH is perfect so is creation too,JAH itself is creation d manifest and d unmanifest.
RastafarI is one of d many path for the overstanding of life or self or JAH and not a philosophy , but a livity and must not be grasp through mind but by experience through d heart which is beyond mind,Rastafari as a concept is a belief but Rastafari itself is a livity,InI must not be a follower or else is just a belief and still has a distance and still in duality , InI is Rastafari itself and d livity itself is its expression and obviously d unity of duality which in fact is a whole hence d word holy.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 1/14/2013 4:32:02 AM

Blessed love Duru

I will meditate on the Is words,

has the I read Jah Rastafari, visions of faith by Tchandela? It speaks of many of the same things the I does, it is a good read, although I found the title misleading as it only briefly touches on RasTafarI HIMself.

Selassie I

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/15/2013 7:04:14 AM

Blessed to all.

Greetings mathew,
Yes I, give thanks for d info ,I haven't red it but I will if I've got d chance.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I