Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4978&start_row=1

Looking at Rastafari

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: saran42yu Sent: 12/20/2012 9:54:12 AM

Hey all, ive been looking at rastafari and decided its due time for my awakening. I know fairly little can anybody provide some helpful instructions.
I also have some questions that would be nice if someone can answer em.
1. Are there any holy books in Rastafari.
2. Do you need a new name?
3. Do you have to be initiated or anything.
4. Are dreads, weed, and reggae a must?
5. Proof that Ras Tafari is divine, he said himself that he wasnt.
6. Where do i start?

Messenger: Tekel Sent: 12/20/2012 5:48:33 PM

The Divinity of H.I.M. comes from his lineage through Dawit. That's how H.I.M. received the title Conquering Lion of Judah

Messenger: chica Sent: 12/21/2012 2:14:09 PM

Greetings, Tekel

Check out this thread called "The Gospel of Rastafari." I believe you may find some answers there. It is very informative. Blessings... Chica

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/21/2012 4:19:04 PM

Rastafari.......InI need no proof to see the Almighty in H.I.M,InI are not believers but keepers of truth,Iditate pon di works and words of the Man with open heart and He will reveal Himself.There is no specific book for Rastafari because you cant study Jah and put Him in one book.HAIL JAH the FARI

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/21/2012 4:58:22 PM

-------------------
5. Proof that Ras Tafari is divine, he said himself that he wasnt.
-------------------

RasTafarI never said He is not divine. Selassie I is the Almighty God.

RasTafarI said that He is a Man and will be replaced by the oncoming generation. He never denied divinity.

------------------------------
Bill Mc Neil: "there are millions of Christians throughout the world, your Imperial Majesty, who regard you as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ."

Selassie I: "I had heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that 'I am a Man,' that 'I am mortal,'(I have heard that an Ethiopian that listened to this interview said that Selassie I never said mortal) and that 'I would be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that the human being is emanated from a deity.'"
------------------------------

Messenger: Tekel Sent: 12/22/2012 1:39:57 AM

Selam chica I will check it out. Give thanks.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I