Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4970&start_row=1

Relationship between Emperor Selassie I and Empress Menen

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bhang Sent: 11/27/2012 8:51:33 AM

Greetings to all brothers and sisters, this time I come to ask for pieces of text or information which speak about how did the Emperor was with his Empress, this is, I mean how did he behave towards her, what are the mainpoints he relied on to be with a woman, how to respect her...

Thanks in advance

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/28/2012 2:27:14 PM

"The King and the Queen were tied with Holy Communion."

- http://houseofbobo.com/Empress%20Menen.htm

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 12/2/2012 3:52:10 PM

Give thanks for the information Idren Jessep. Always a blessing to read more on this subject.

I must admit I have not come accross many details about the intimate relationship between Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen I.
Just from photos and information I have read in the past, I know that Empress Menen was His Majesty's closest advisor and fulfilled many public duties. Many of His Majesty's greatest actions were enabled by the diligent work of Empress Menen behind the scenes. I know for example that while Haile Selassie I took to the battlefield against the Italians before His exile, it was Empress Menen who was holding the fort in Addis Ababa, travelling around comforting and encouraging the people and taking a role in the running of government in Haile Selassie I's absence.
I think the greatest insight I and I have into the more personal side of their relationship is the speech Haile Selassie I delivered when Empress Menen I passed from the flesh, and I think there are many things I and I as RastafarI people can learn about how to approach relationships between I and I from just this small insight:

Full text

"All of you knew her well but she was more intimately known by I. She was devoutly religious and did not lose her faith even in the time of hardship. During the memorable days of Our companionship We never had differences that needed the intervention of others. As Sarah was to Abraham, so was she obedient to I. Our wishes were mutual until we were separated by the Almighty. Her assistance for the good of the young, the old and the needy requires no testimony for they are greater than thoughts and words.

We have been extremely pleased to live long enough in the perfect union that enabled us to see our offspring, our grandchildren and our great grandchildren. We are thankful to the Almighty for having vouchsafed to us that long uninterrupted union which is not very common in the world today: There could be no more profound prayer for I to utter."

Recently in I own Livity I have been seeking to apply these lessons, because a close Empress and I are considering between I and I whether to move forward as King and Queen. Both of I and I are very concious that the precedent set by Haile Selassie I and Itegue Menen I is the order which I and I as RastafarI people must follow, so before I and I rush into the thing, I and I have been Reasoning together about how to approach not just I and I relationship, but relationships in general, because I and I have to live up as Righteous examples and leaders in this time. As His Majesty lays out in His tribute to His Empress, their relationship was based on a mutual overstanding and an Reasoning approach to any issues, and to I, that seems like a good starting point, and so that is where this Empress and I started. I and I sat down and Reasoned honestly about what I and I were feeling in I and Iselves why and how I and I would take I and I relationship to a higher level. I and I haven't worked out everything yet by any means, so I don't call her I Empress yet, but it is obvious that for any relationship to function and endure, the aims and wishes of both Man and Wombman must be in Oneness as it was with Haile Selassie I and Itegue Menen I. I and I Reasonings have identified that a Righteous relationship between man and wombman can't be solely physical (sexual), solely mental or solely spiritual, but that they must all be brought into Oneness and balanced through both parties having an overstanding of themselves and eachother.

Blessed love

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/2/2012 6:40:08 PM

"a Righteous relationship between man and wombman can't be solely physical (sexual), solely mental or solely spiritual, but that they must all be brought into Oneness and balanced ...."

Dont forget the emotional part..

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 12/2/2012 7:15:37 PM

I kind of meant emotional when I said mental, I reasoning being that emotions (at least the harnessing of them) are linked to the mind. I admit that wasn't at all clear though, so give thanks for the clarification.

Blessed love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 12/2/2012 10:02:29 PM

This video isn't specifically about the relationship between His Majesty and Empress Menen, but I think this Ras makes some very good points about how I and I should approach relationships. I know the Idren has studied the thing to a higher level than I and he Reasons about African Iceptions of love and family that would have been present in the relationship between Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen I:

Blessed love

Messenger: chica Sent: 12/4/2012 4:37:23 PM

Brother Nazarite I, you know I always enjoy your reasoning. But this time, you have outdone yourself! A MILLION THANK YOU'S!!!!! And I wish the very best for you and your Empress.... Much love, much respect, much admiration.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 12/4/2012 6:57:52 PM

Give thanks Sister Chica, but like I said, I and I are still Reasoning on it, because both of I and I have things that need working out, and there are other considerations.
Really and truly though I can't deny I have unconditional love for the Empress, whatever the Most High wills in I and I relationship. She is truly a bright and shining star and it would be an honour to trod with her as I Empress. I and I are in agreement at least that I and I balance One another in a beautiful way, and Ones and Ones around I and I have been seeing it too.
Definately though I feel the Most High is guiding I towards finding an Empress right now. Not long ago while I was holding an Iditation when I was restless and troubled in Iself and trying to rest, I had two vivid visions of I children a couple of nights in a row. The first of I son as a young man, standing proud and upright on a hilltop with his face determined and with long locks down his back. The second was of I daughter walking out of a room wrapping her locks with an expression of pure love and joy on her face. Both were through I own eyes as if I was standing beside them observing. I can't describe the feeling that accompanied these visions and the revelations that came with them but it had I weeping tears of joy to see. Truly a solid family foundation is key in I and I Livity and maintaining it is no easy task, so I and I should be prepared and balanced in I and I approach. And most of all, I and I have to know Iselves!

Blessed love

Messenger: chica Sent: 12/5/2012 2:52:51 PM

I believe visions are Jah's way of letting us see what He has in store for us. This vision you had is truly beautiful. Again, I pray blessings upon you and your Empress, and constantly wishing you well... Chica :-)

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/5/2012 7:05:48 PM

Blessed Vision Nazarit I.....With faith in it it can become reality, it all where IandI put IandI minds... Good visons like dreams can come true if focus on, and bad visions and dreams can come truth if focued on(worring)

I had two visions of unconditional love id like to share.
They were in I dream and coming from a higher plane of I consciousness. (spiritual not bodily)

I was sitting with a beautiful Daughter of Jah hold hands just looking into eachothers eyes, they say the eyes are the looking windows of the soul. There was a profound sense of bliss and ecstacy and enlightenment just gazing into the spirit of eachother, rised up abouve the bondage of the bodies temptations and lower tendacies, there is a much higher way to relate than in the flesh!

The second vision is also like the first and not just vision like but a great irie feeling that was healing and soothing to the heart.

I was simply around other loving family that were so irie and showing unconditional love and just the vibration of Joy being so close together moving to a heart song. It was amazing for I being grown up around so but negativity coming from people consciously and unconsciously . So such amazing iire family was like being around lights of love that warm and sooth that inner most part of our soul.
One love is how I live even when everything is going against it.
I that vison for my heart to come into harmony with other on same level, resonating and becoming great through synergy, power in numbers when those number count and always add up to one love.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I