Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4957&start_row=1

Sects of Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: BABYLONBURN Sent: 11/11/2012 3:08:41 PM

Greetings in the name of the most high ! Jah Selassie I

I began my trod of Rastafari a few months ago an recently ive been thinkin about the different sections ofrasta. I n I was wondering how does the I know which sect hebelongs to ?

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 11/13/2012 3:42:58 PM

Not all Rastafari belong to a "sect". However if you are seeking one, then firstly pray to Jah for guidance and overstanding. Secondly, study up on the teachings of the Rastafari mansions. Thirdly, pray to Jah for guidance and overstanding.

Blessed Love,
Warrior Dove

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/14/2012 3:38:36 PM

Rastafari is one and when H.I.M looks upon the I,Him does not look at the mansion the I under,but the heart,so have clean hands and pure heart and trod Jah way,all is blessed

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 11/14/2012 11:49:07 PM

RASTAFARI is not a sectarian way of life.
The word "sect" and manifestations of it necessarily correspond to disunity; something that is directly opposed to the teachings of RASTAFARI. Haile Selassie I is one frequency that is in holistic harmony with the Earth. ONE FREQUENCY OF PURE INTEGRITY. Naw schism or ism or sect can penetrate this ONE LIVITY. All righteous roads are aligned by the same Standard of basic Decency and Respect--- All must adhere to Natural Law. Mutualistic symbiosis and equilibrium are the main concepts to learn.

Blessed Adonai bring unity INI

Messenger: BABYLONBURN Sent: 11/15/2012 12:16:36 AM

give thanks yo the Is for your guidance and knowlege ! Jah Bless

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/15/2012 1:29:02 PM

Brother BABYLONBURN, yo question is not answered. De idrens'response may be satisfactory to de I but dem are not practicaly true when dem seh there are no sects in rasta. Ones n ones, be honest to de idren, we all know dat there is diversity within de rasta community in de world.
Ones may say rasta is one but within dis one rasta there are many diferent sects amongst which include de Nyahbinghi, Boboshanti, twelve tribes n others. De diversity of point of views from different people reasoning in dis forum is an evidence to de presence of sects within rasta people. De I may have got or is still goin to get two different contracdictin explaination on something from two different rastas. (Example: A Nyahbighi idren will tell u dat u affe uncover your head if male during ises while a Bobo idren will tell u dat yu affe keep yo head coverd during ises).
So to b honest with u brother rasta does have sects:
ther is a sect of rasta dat are italists,
there is another sects of rasta who are vegetarians,
there is a sect of rasta who nyam fish.
n there is a sect of rasta who generaly nyam flesh.
There differences on many issues.
Now to answer yo unanswered question (how does the I know which sect hebelongs to ?):
De I haffe try n meet many diferent rasta n attend gatherings from different sects if possible to try n lern de different aproach to livity by those sects. Then yu iditate n reason with yo inner I about de different explainations yo got to find out which is most suitable or upful to yu. Try not to be biased (dat is de iwa dat yu need to seek guidance from de most High on choosin de most upful livity).
Basicaly after lerning about de different rasta ways then yu will know which one is most upful to yu. De one dat feels most upful to yu is where yu belong.

Blessed Love

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 11/15/2012 1:58:59 PM

Give thanks Black Heart, that is sound

Messenger: BABYLONBURN Sent: 11/15/2012 2:40:26 PM

Give thanks bredren Black heart ! Your knowledge was exactly what the I was seeking. Jah bless!

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 11/16/2012 4:37:31 AM

RasTafarI is a one who sights the fulness of Haile Selassie I as the Most High, Creator of the Inerverse, InI see God in Man and man in God no seperation or division, just perfect Inity. Sectarian division is a Roman made construct that plays no part in InI Livity. A sect indicates something you join, RasTafarI is what and who you are. InI are the fullness of RasTafarI

Blessed Love

Messenger: BABYLONBURN Sent: 11/16/2012 3:13:58 PM

Brother Mathew,the I didnt mean it like that Iman meant like the Boboshanti an Nyabinghi

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I