Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4947&start_row=1

Law of attraction and faith

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/31/2012 4:22:51 AM

Greetings

Are faith and the law of attraction separate things, or is the law of attraction just a scientific way to explain faith?

Blessed Love

Messenger: chica Sent: 10/31/2012 11:24:17 AM

Greetings to you, Brother Matthew. Could you please explain what is the law of attraction? I have never heard of this law.

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 11/1/2012 7:17:05 AM

Blessed love Chica
Basically the law of attraction says your thoughts materialize
so positive thoughts attract positive things, negative thought attract negativity
Their is a film called The Secret that explains it better, but as its looking at the law of attraction from a western mind set it focuses on material posessions and has tried too hide God from the mix.

Here are some quotes from Gandhi

“Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive, because your words become your behaviours. Keep your behaviours positive, because your behaviours become your habits. Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive, because your values become your destiny.” – Gandhi

“Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.” – Gandhi

“A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes. – Gandhi”

“We often become what we believe ourselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. When I believe I can, I acquire the ability to do it, even if I didn’t have it in the beginning.” – Gandhi

Blessed love

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 11/1/2012 1:52:14 PM

ive seen a good few videos on this subject, and it seems they are talking about Energy. For ofcourse if you deal with positive energy people around you pick up on it and therefore become positive, same with animals they can sense your energy, if you got a bad energy around you they will hesitate to come, if your at peace and have love energy around you they will come.

Messenger: chica Sent: 11/1/2012 3:26:24 PM

Brother Matthew, thank you for explaining this to me. I love the quotes that you included for they remind me of the way I try to live life. Looking forward to you expounding on this subject. Much love...

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 11/1/2012 3:32:37 PM

Reading the Bible InI can see christ healing ones, a one even asked Christ to heal a one who wasnt present. Christ showed InI that it was because of faith that ones where able to be healed.

Then I read ones who have terminal cancers and such they believe they will be healed and they are.

so this shows mans pure thoughts can resonate with a higher cosmic force or energy, which is then able to create and heal. I see this as the same thing Christ Selassie I teach, that through faith man becomes one with God.

InI know this as Faith in the Most High. Scientists I believe are finally catching up too this but they seem to have missed Jah from the mix instead calling it the law of attraction believing man alone is all powerful. When Selassie I told us a Man cant emunate from or become God seperate from The Most High I believe he was warning I of such thinking!

Man of right is Jah in the flesh
RasTafarI Blessings

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 11/4/2012 5:29:30 PM

Mark 11
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
---------
With Selassie I by InI side all things are possible! Have faith in InI father!

Blessed Love

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/7/2012 6:45:04 PM

The law of attraction is what jesus taught and the new testament teaches.not to focus on the 10 comandments or the rules because it puts focus on the not breaking of them and the tend to break, but when we just focus on do rightousness and loving as christ taught we are free from thinking about sin , because when thinking about sin, sinning, not sinning, thats whats the focus is on and what manifests, but IandI focus on loving and doing right not focused on not doing wrong and not getting punished and not....no iandI focus on the dos because in doing that we never can do wrong.cant just sit around not sinning and not braking laws no! IandI gotta be the light and love..

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 11/7/2012 7:02:47 PM

Amen

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/8/2012 11:47:52 PM

There are similarities, but as the I said, Faith involves God, while the other does not. Sometimes people try to put an -ism on RasTafarI people, because some of our ways may be similar to parts of this or that ism out there. I show them that I and I are none of those, I and I are RasTafarI. I and I aren't bound by the rules of an ism, I and I are RasTafarI.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I