Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4937&start_row=1

COULD HIPHOP HAVE A NEW SAVIOR??

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Icey legit Sent: 10/23/2012 6:34:02 PM

Finally someone who teaches the way of H.I.M introduced to hip hop rap music! i feel wew should promote video's like this even more if his intentions are truly to help motivate and steer our fans away from these develish ways CHECK HIM OUT: Icey Legit- RASPECT http://youtu.be/L7wAXPIqSaU

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 10/24/2012 2:06:54 AM

I honestly see this as disrespect to RastafarI

The egocentric incoherence of a wise message,
display of non-Ital practices and livity,
degrading linguistics,
non-harmonic rhythm,
and overall depraved sound lead I to this conclusion.

It is commendable to spread the Word of The Emperor Haile Selassie I, I just have trouble Injoying this music because it lacks the High Quality of Jah Excellence and Moral Upstanding INI need fe hear.

Agreed?

Messenger: RootsIDawit Sent: 10/24/2012 10:47:42 AM

Seen Iman. Seeing as most hip-hop associates with devilish shit, I find this degrading as well.

Behind this "musik," their is no culture, no sense of Iccomplishment. Just a fad to raise record sales to a wider population of people.

Bless up.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/24/2012 7:36:28 PM

In answer to the original question though: If anyone is going to save hiphop it will be the youths.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/24/2012 11:21:51 PM

The movement towards RasTafarI is good. Instead of such general criticisms, why not teach the youth what things he still needs to move away from. His lyrics has some remnants of his former life, but the direction he is going towards should be encouraged, not halted by insults.

Selassie I teach I and I,
-----------------------
Since man has been endowed by the Almighty with the special quality of judging his own self, let alone passing a judgment on others, at the hour of pronouncing judgment he must imagine... finding himself to be in the position of the man in the dock. If one passes a judgment after search of his conscience and careful reflection picturing his own self in the position of he who stands before him for trial, and if he does it with good conscience in the interest of the efficiency of administration of justice, there is no doubt that he will pass the right judgment.
-----------------------

Change often takes time, and all of us carry some foolishness from our ways before I and I RasTafarI Trod. If youths like Icey Legit and others Itinue their Trod towards RasTafarI, their words and ways will come closer and closer to Haile Selassie I, and they will carry many with them.

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 10/25/2012 12:16:08 AM

Ark I,

Yes I agree with what the I has said. I almost made a posting directly after because I had those exact words of The Emperor in mind. However, Icey Legit is misrepresenting the RastafarI way of life, and I feel he is misrepresenting it gravely. Spiritual refinement and self-knowledge is needed before one projects to the nations what his beliefs are. I thought to Iself; would Haile Selassie I be content with the way HIM is being portrayed through this music? I instincts tell I "no" for the aforementioned reasons. Those are criticisms that should help Icey refine his message and portrayal of RastafarI livity. Also, Icey put himself in a position to be criticized by posting this video. INI would not be honest with Iself if I restrained I comments.

In fact, Icey Legit reminds I of how I life was before I truly knew The Master Teacher. I did not mean to discourage Icey from the High livity, I just intuitively felt negative vibes from this music. But the I is right to say that Icey Legit is noble for his pursuit of higher meaning from RastafarI, and that overstanding will eventually come from this pursuit. Until this refinement and overstanding occurs however, I discourage the resonance of frequencies emanating from this music.

I would definitely say that the video posted by Nazarite I contains a more consistent message.

All those with the opportunity to do so on a mass scale,
Keep growing Jah likeness and livity!!
peace

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/25/2012 1:02:09 AM

I Sight what the I is saying Iman Bo. I and I RasTafarI people must Accept and Love Fire and not fight against it. I and I should use it to purify I and I self and remove iniquity.

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 10/25/2012 1:42:16 AM

Yes this is very true, much appreciation for the insights. I just had a cleansing meditation that opened I eyes up more on the matter. I may have been too quick to make such harsh judgments. If this style of music appeals to those in need of HIM Teachings, may the truth reign from all angles!
Selah

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/25/2012 12:27:39 PM

I have been Reasoning recently about something similar when it comes to reaching youths through music. Obviously the Ones who need the teaching the most are those who are engaged in the most folly, so sometimes I think there is a purpose in keeping certain elements to approach youths on their terms. At the same time though, I and I can't comprimise I and I RastafarI Livity and Irits while doing that. I haven't actually watched Icey Legit's video yet, but what I like about the youths that I posted the video from is that kind of approach. Because every next youth in London writes bars and the talking is plain and simple, every youth can overstand it and relate to it and listen to what it is saying, which is just pure conciousness.

Blessed love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/25/2012 12:51:49 PM

I actually watched the video now.

I can't say I like the auto-tune on the vocals or the wack backing rythm, but other than that, I can't see much wrong.

I mean, from the tatoos and the piercings, its obvious the youth used to be a rudeboy, so I'm not surprised that its dealt with in the music. See the man rising up conscious lyrics and Selassie I speeches now though? Tattoos don't fade and piercings don't heal, but I and I all know that mind and soul can rise. Its just a time thing to improve the skill and knowledge.

Blessed love

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I