Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=491&start_row=1

RasTafarI

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: OneLuv7 Sent: 11/16/2004 12:44:20 PM

Im assuming that most of you in this forum are RasTafarI, so the question i have, just out of curiosity, is how many of you converted to the religion, how many of you were born into it, and if you have anything else you would like to add, that you think is interesting, please do so, im very interested in the culture and religion of RasTafarI, and hope to learn as much as i can.

Thanx
much love
Kamila

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/16/2004 12:55:18 PM

I have found this system of beleif through the past 2 years, INI at soul is young still in my learnings but make a great dedication to overstand the Bible to the max to REAL BIBLE, I began to overstand tha the Bible in not made up of one people,and I should broadin my learnings and put reasoning in my life to learn of Jah and not to waste what Jah Almighty has givin me, no matter if I was poor or rich or hungry or full I m I, I overstand myself and the way of like which is right. Rastafari kept me from deadly powder that people use and tought me to seek wisdom and faith for the well being of my life. And too bring me to Heavenly Zion with the father. I have read the Kebra Nagast and I am continueing with the King James version and others to reach a overstanding of all that I stand for.If you know what the book says and you have a great power there, maybe im just talkin to much now but I got carried away some things you may take out of context but I will explain my reasonings if you would like to know or study with I online.

Ras Eli

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/16/2004 10:29:45 PM

I realized that RasTafarI was I trod 13 years ago. I foundation was rising from that time. I started growing I locks 9 years ago, and I movement accelerated from that time.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 11/17/2004 9:54:31 AM

As far back as i can remeber ,befor bob died, so i had to be about 7 or eight i have none of the name Altheys, Marcus Garvey,and befor that i bible was the only thing that we(my mother brother and i) had to pass the time.So from a young kid i had this over standing of Africa,and the way that the world come from it(its in the bible)so i would say from the begining I had a love for rasta even if we did not call it rasta by name,Still don't have now dread locks,just wear the afro like HIM.

oneBlessedlove

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/17/2004 5:28:39 PM

Greetings Love,

As rastafai we do not convert. See the message is one that chooses us we do not choose it. It is through the grace of Jah Rastafari that we find faith, seen. So one can not just say "today I'm rasta". If i were to tell you anything about your search in Rastafari it would be do not become discouraged. there are many out there who slander the name of Rastafari or who would wish to "convert"
rasta because they dont believe that His Majesty Haile Selassie is the true and living Jah Rastafari who crowned King of kings and Lord of lords. There are a peticular group who say that His Majesty denied being Christ. When I first saw this it made me question my faith, but then I was informed of His words being mistranslated. This is not hard for me to believe because Big Brother (Brotherhood of the Serpent, Freemasons, Illuminati....) wants control of all, and they would do anything in their "power" to continue doing so. So hold strong and know that Rastafari Selassie I Jah is the Almighty Prince of Peace and King of Zion.

Blessed

Ras Zion I

If you have any questions

jahjahguidei@yahoo.com

Messenger: OneLuv7 Sent: 11/22/2004 3:16:52 PM

thank you all for responding. as i continue my research, i keep finding so much new information, some of it only makes me more confused, alot of the websites i have been going to seem to contridict themselves, are there any ones i should pay more attention to than others? i also came across Babylon, does this mean that white people cant become Rastafari? and ganja, in Africa, rastafari smoke or eat ganja for spiritual purposes, is this legal? i think thats all i was confused about for now, but as always, if you want to add something interesting you think i should know, please do so.

thanks again
kamila

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/22/2004 5:33:34 PM

Haile Selassie I livith!

My suggestion to you is to stay away from things such as websites. In my beginning searches of Rastafari I looked to internet for answers but you must first know your bible. These websites are not realiable sources. The biggest problem is that there is a division in some of the beliefs of Rastafari, Bobo, Twelve Tribes... i consider myself Orthodox Rastafari, or Nyahbinghi. I myself do not follow the teachings of the twelve tribes due to the fact that they consider Haile Selassie i a prophet and not the King of kings. Some of them will also tell you that Christ is showing His personality through His Majesty, but according to the Bible this is not true. Christ is either Chirst or not. When His Majesty disappered the twelve tribes changed their ideology about HIM and decided they would make HIM a prophet instead of Christ. The Bobo Ashanti believe that His Majesty is not Christ, but God the Father. They follow another whose name is Emmanuel Charles Edwards, he started the Bobo camp in Jamaica some years ago in 1958. He claims to be "the Black Christ in Flesh" If you ask me, only my opinion, he is a false christ and also self-proclaimed. As a Nyahbinghi I believe that His Majesty is the Fullfillment of the Prohpecy of Jesus Christ. i know that this is all confusing at first, but you must be patient in your search, because these things are not of the rushing type. Seek ye first the Kingdom of Jah and all things shall be given unto ye. Since the real Jews are black people there are certain rastas who have stayed with that heritage and deny Christ all together. the problem with this is His MAjesty undeniable love for Christ adn the fact the His Majesty was a Christian.

Again the concept of whites as rasta is another argument that is still lingering up the air. I am a white man by skin but a black man at heart. I don't care what any man say, i hail Rastafari everytime without no delay. the fact is that His Majesty was not partial to skin color, so therfore niether am I. As far as marijuana is conserned, marijuana is the healing of the nations both mentally, physically, and in nature. i suggest that instead of looking at webistes reason with various rastafari bredren and read books, but most importantly, pray to God Almighty for direction and strength to find what is right. His Majesty will guide you as He guides I.

With all the love of Rastafari i wish you peace and blessings
Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/22/2004 9:27:56 PM

The way I see it everyone has God in them, and everyone is rasta. Rasta as a teaching is something that you realize, not something that you convert to. I say that every true teaching about God, creation, and man is rastafari knowledge. And once a teaching starts from the heart it is true.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/23/2004 12:20:20 AM

Sistren, Iverstand the things that the I accepts. If somebody says something is a certain way, but it isn't justified within yourself, then don't accept it. Search and see if it is true or false, and then choose to accept or reject it.

I can't say to go to one website over another, because right and wrong things are said wherever you go.

babylon is wickedness and babylon seeks to control the world. The only white people that are babylon are the people who live as babylon.

RasTafarI are those who Live as RasTafarI by spirit, word and action. It is not about the color of skin, it is about the Livity and Spirit.

RasTafarI smoke or eat ganja all through the world. Most places it is illegal by man, but Jah never made it illegal, Jah created ganja and all other herbs for I and I use. I and I just need to learn how to use the herbs of Jah Earth.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I