Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4881&start_row=1

My life as a RastafarIan. (At University).

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: apollo Sent: 9/9/2012 6:15:56 AM

Gretings my bredren and sistren.

My name is Apolinary Protas (male), 22 earthstrong years, I from Tanzania (Africa/Zion). I studding at University of Dar es Salaam, I taking the B.A.Archaeology (Second Year). I started to call my self as a Rasta last Year but before dat i was attracted to the way of life because i believe Rastas are the true Christians. Later on (2011) started to call myself a rasta and i live in da principles of H.I.M.

Since a started to be a rasta, i have faced a lot of challenges in my life, i hope I not da only one who face these challenges, a would like to share my challenges and if you have yours you can tell so dat we can share dem and to know how we feel in the modern word.

Before, i liked Gothic and Metal music, then I changed to Reggae music, now i love reggae. In my college my schoolmates wears Snickers, modern fashioned styles, girls wear short skirts, bleaching their skin, relax their hair, use fake nails, fake breasts, fake eyelids, fake body shape by chemicals and medicines. People laugh at me and think I'm crazy, they say i have lost my mind to the old fashioned lifestyle because I'm just a normal guys, wears Shirts and Bob Marley t-shirts, I don't cut my hair (Now its like Afro), I don't eat Meat, taking alcohol or smoking cigarettes. My girl left me because i like Natural things and she acts like modern girls who don't stay Natural and don't respect their body.

I was afraid about getting job if will have dreads but i was inspired after my first field school i met a boss who had dreads for 7 years but he cut dem because if accident but he like rastas so felt like i can get a job, beside archaeology is about culture and most of workers in my country who works in cultural activities they have dreads because they like the culture of Africans and they like being natural (because they are aware of the African Livity).

I face a lots of challenge in college, from relatives, my friend e.t.c. And if you have your challenges we can share here.

I hope Jah will guide I n I to Zion.
Blessings....
One Love.
Jah I,
Selassie I.

Messenger: apollo Sent: 9/9/2012 7:55:43 AM

IM SORRY FOR THE WRONG TITTLE.
BLESSINGS.

Messenger: jah-spear Sent: 9/9/2012 8:28:06 AM

Stand firm, Iya. All Rastafari people face challenges. Whenever I face challenges it makes I gain confidence in I trod. This is because I know that any person doing what is right while in a wicked society will be persecuted. Just like they made things difficult for Jah when H.I.M trod on earth. So just stand firm and resolutely, Lion. Prayers and blessings to the I. Ises to The Father Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/9/2012 5:40:11 PM

The I story is like a duplicate to the I story.Iman is in I 2nd year at college and I should be at an industrial attachment.The I is studying Electrical Engineering.What the I mentioned about college life is true and the same.I classmates would always make fun of I and dat was the same time Iman let I hair grow,from the time I told I empress dat I man a Rastafari,our relationship was no longer stable resulting in its end.You have to stand strong Kingman,the heathen will fight the I when the I see Jah light.They don't like InI because InI are refusing to receive the mark of beast 666,for if you are not with Christ(H.I.M King Selassie I)then you must be with the antichrist and his mark.The more InI Imbrace Rastafari,the more further InI is to babylon and the more the pagans spite InI because naturality dem nuh like to see.THE HARDER THE BATTLE THE SWEETER JAH VICTORY

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/10/2012 10:02:21 AM

Here is the song from Burning spear

----------------
Marcus Mosiah Garvey say: man who cannot get no work, should make work, make work, be creative, be creative

The Image of Marcus Mosiah Garvey
----------------

When I was in university (1995-1999), I had trouble finding work to get the hours that I needed to graduate. So I worked in a factory as a labourer, drilling and grinding metal. Even though this wasn't engineering work it was still accepted as engineering hours. I was still short on hours, so I spoke to a friend of mine that taught Karate and I invented a piece of training equipment. I was able to use this experience for the remaining hours that I needed to graduate.

Here is a Reasoning I made before where I referenced this song.

=========================================

Burning spear has a song where he speaks about the image of Marcus Garvey, he says:

----------------
Marcus Mosiah Garvey say: man who cannot get no work, should make work, make work, be creative, be creative
----------------

This doesn't just apply to people who can't find work, but it also applies to people who want better work then what they have. Figure out a way to make work. Search yourself until you find what you can do. And when you consider something, you must realize that just because you have a good idea, it doesn't mean that it will be successful. I am an Inventor, and many good ideas I have thought of don't make it farther then the paper, because when I consider the way people think and what people spend their money on, those ideas, although good, are not ideas that will sell enough. I instead look through I ideas and when I find something that will be good for selling, I put I concentration on that. The other good ideas can wait until I have enough money to spare that it will be alright if they aren't big sellers.

With Faith, all things are possible. Here is a story I posted before about when I found a new job in 2000.

---------------------------------------
I had a contract position for a year. When I contract ran out, I tried to get unemployment benefits, but I couldn't, because they told I that I was 14 hours short of their requirement to receive it.

I had saved some money while working, so I was able to live on this for 4 months while I looked for another job. Time passed and passed, but no job came. I never once thought to cut I locks because I made this choice and commitment to Jah. I brought this judgment on Iself, and I knew exactly what I was getting into before I started growing I locks, and the tribulation that would come, and what the commitment that I made meant. Everyone makes their personal commitment to Jah when they grow their locks. My commitment was for life and is for life.

When I money ran out after the 4 months, I got a job, without even going to an interview. I spoke with the person hiring on the phone on a Friday, and he gave I a little phone interview and then asked I if I wanted to start on Monday. Jah tested I until the end, and then he gave I a job. After a week at the job, I needed to get some money that I mother had in savings for I, to pay a months rent, because I had to pay the rent before I first paycheck, I was completely broke.

Faith in Jah is so powerful, don't look for an example to prove what Jah can do before you have Faith. Have Faith first, and then and only then will the examples be seen.
-----------------------------------

Tested by Babylon........?

=========================================

Messenger: apollo Sent: 9/11/2012 5:08:21 AM

Thank you jah-spear. Jah bless U my bredren. Happy new year (Ethiopian calendar)
SELAH.

Messenger: apollo Sent: 9/11/2012 5:10:51 AM

Thank you so much Zion Mountain and Ark I.
Now i feel like im not alone, i will keep on moving to Zion.
I promice InI will not give up.
May Jah bless you.
Happy Ethiopian New Year.
Jah I
SELASSIE I.
Blessings...

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/14/2012 8:47:43 PM

Ark I,

What type of Karate training equipment did the I invent?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/14/2012 10:03:55 PM

I can't discuss it over the internet.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I