Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4877&start_row=21

Nyabinghi

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/10/2012 5:35:55 PM

I just wanted to say that the I apology is also accepted. I accepted it once I saw it, but just didn't reply. I was just thinking about it and I didn't want the I to think I was being disrespectful because I didn't express it.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/11/2012 3:51:43 AM

You made me smile after reading your most recent post, really you did!
And the reason why I smiled is because of the good vibes that you did spread to me in your recent posts!
In fact I could feel the love even though it was through the Internet.

............................................................................................................................................

There is this other idea that is spreading around that I do not agree with.
Rastafarians, particularly members of the black congress, slam Reggae music citing that Holy Emmanuel-I also slammed it saying the beat is too fast.

But when I take a look at this, I see no sense!
Because even though Emmanuel-I might have said that the beat is too fast, that could not mean that Reggae music is satanism, seen?

I mean, the fastness or tempo or speed of music has got nothing to do with its holiness or satanism, seen?
I am saying that it is unreasonable to call a certain genre of music satanic just by judging it from its speed, seen?
One can not say that since Emmanuel-I said the beat is too fast, hence the music is satanic, seen?
Because that is irrelevant and not related to each other, seen?

If people say Reggae is satanic, then what would they say Hip-hop is?
We can not rise by pulling others down, seen?
I have heard many times about members of the congress spreading bad vibes about Reggae musicians, but I haven't yet heard of any Reggae musician spreading negative vibes about Emmanuel-I and the congress!

I love Reggae, and I consider it holy!

Raspect..

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/11/2012 9:32:34 AM

I don't know if Emmanuel actually said Reggae is Satanic, but I am pretty sure He said more than just the beat was too fast, He discouraged Bobo from listening to Reggae. The beat being too fast is one of the reasons Emmanuel gave for not listening to it.

Emmanuel was teaching the Bobo to live more of a monastic life. So if the I sight the life of monks, they don't deal with the things the rest of the world deal with, they Livicate their life to Chanting and Praise and other Hola works. So there is no room for reggae or other distractions, the only music is Nyahbinghi Chanting and Praises.

I also feel that reggae music made by RasTafarI people is Iritual and I listen to it, but it will never be the same as Nyahbinghi Chanting, so I do make a distinction. Nyahbinghi Chanting is the Highest form of RasTafarI music.

Maybe One of the Bobo here that know the full reason can elaborate on what I have said or correct I if I have made an error.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/18/2012 1:52:53 AM

It's amazing how some people fail to see the hypocrisy in their words!

For instance, Ark I always preach about the gospel of Oneness in Rastafari lifestyle, but I was shocked at his last post on this thread when he swore that Reggae music made by Rastafari people will never be the same as Nyahbinghi music!
How come he makes that distinction yet he is the same man who teaches about oneness?

Because Rastafarians are praising King Selassie-I big time using Reggae,
just like their fellow brethren who give Ises using Nyahbinghi, see?
Moreover, Rastafarians like Sizzla Kalonji use Reggae to fight this Armageddon,
and I am not sure if Nyahbinghi is also used to fight this war!
Besides, Reggae has become the way of living for many Rastafarians who are not farmers, seen?
Actually Reggae has been the Light in this darkness, and it has spread far much more than Nyahbinghi!
So to say that Nyahbinghi will remain the highest form of Rastafari music is unreasonable, seen?

And if Emmanuel-I was teaching more of a monastic lifestyle, then it becomes clearer that He did not slam Reggae, but He showed the monks how to fulfill their vows, seen?
And so if people chose to become monks, then they should not spread the bad vibes against Reggae because it is not everybody that is under those monastic vows, seen?
If a person takes a certain vow, why should they refer to others who are not under the same vow as practicing Satanism?

Besides, I am sure Emmanuel-I was in His old age when He said that the beat was too fast, right?
So maybe He was meaning that Reggae sounded childish because of its high tempo, so it was not suitable for old people like Him, but Nyahbinghi sounded better because of its low tempo, seen?

Because, how can Emmanuel-I, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the son of David the musician, slam Reggae?

Selassie-I..

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/18/2012 5:18:55 PM

Tru,Nyahbinghi chanting is a mus'.Reggae muzik emerges from Nyahbinghi muzik,the holiness/sacredness/sanctification of/in reggae muzik is brought by the Nyahbinghi music in it.Reggae wouldn't be holy without the Nyahbinghi music.Nyahbinghi muzik is the spiritual vybe in reggae

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/19/2012 12:06:35 AM

What I was saying is not against Oneness.

The things the I said about Reggae is true, Reggae has been used by RasTafarI people to do good in many ways. I am not speaking against reggae, but there is a difference between reggae and Nyahbinghi chanting. Reggae has its place, and Nyahbinghi has its place. Many RasTafarI musicians also come forward to Nyahbinghi to chant.

If a One chants Nyahbinghi with RasTafarI people who have strong Irits, in time, if that person has the Irits of RasTafarI and Itinues the Trod, they will Learn to interact with the Irits and Rise up during Nyahbinghi and their Irits will jump to a higher Iritual place. When that happens, they will Iverstand the difference between Nyahbinghi and Reggae. Nyahbinghi music is there to Rise up I and I Irits with Thanks and Praise unto Haile Selassie I, and Fire unto babylon. When Selassie I opened the seals, he sent forth RasTafarI people to perform the works of the seals, to chant and bring forth the judgement of the seals.

This is Nyahbinghi

---------------------------------------------
Psalm 149
1 Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.
4 For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;
7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.
---------------------------------------------

Chanting Nyahbinghi is important for RasTafarI people, whether they are chanting by themself or with other RasTafarI people. When I and I chant, the judgement is sent forth and babylon is punished for their wickedness by the judgements written in the seals that Selassie I loosed, and Blessings go unto God's children.

If a One is in a place where there are not other RasTafarI people. Go into the forest and chant with the trees, birds, insects and other life. This is good to do from time to time even if the I does have other RasTafarI people around the I. Also, when Selassie I brings a storm, chant with the storm, this will help in the Learning.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/19/2012 5:41:44 AM

Since you are an advocate for oneness,
I thought you would say Reggae is one with Nyahbinghi!

Hahaha..

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/19/2012 5:43:03 AM

...one with Nyahbinghi with no seperation!

Bless..

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/19/2012 9:29:56 AM

I speak of Oneness for a Reason, not just to say oneness about everything. There is a difference between Reggae and Nyahbinghi. If the I one day experiences the Heights that is found through Nyahbinghi chanting, and Learns to Iverstand the Reason for Nyahbinghi chanting, the I will Iverstand why I make a distinction.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/19/2012 10:48:47 AM

Bless..

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I