Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4875&start_row=1

Is it Ilafull to nyam milk

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/4/2012 6:24:51 PM

Hail to the most I one of Iration Jah RasTafari.Iman has been standing on a crossroad for a long Ime on whether to Intinue eating milk or to stop eating.Milk is the main food source which is provided by I uncle and I sometimes think I would be to harsh to Iself to stop eating milk at this stage of life because Iman not yet fully self reliant though I sometimes hustle to get the best Ital for I.So Iman need to know if its Ila to eat milk or its something I should avoid as quick as possible?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/4/2012 8:39:06 PM

Research the facts of modern milk... The hormones, the puss in milk , the true health benifits of pasturized commercial milk compared to milk if you had a cow and loved it and let it eat grass and milked it and drank it raw...

Share the scientific health/unhealth evidence of milk and share it with uncle..

He should be understanding of your choice then and maybe change his too.

So many subsitutes, hemp milk, coconut milk, almomnd, oat, rice, and on and on...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/5/2012 12:01:55 AM

For strict Ital Living, people don't drink milk from an animal. Some RasTafarI people aren't as strict and do drink milk or eat cheese. In regards to the Nazarite Vow, the restriction is on dead flesh, not milk.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 9/5/2012 1:26:04 AM

Proverbs 27:
26 The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.
27. And thou shalt have goat's milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintainance of thy maidens.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/5/2012 12:06:05 PM

As long as something is not against the Law of Moses or against the will of Jah, it must be lawful, seen?
Yes, it is lawful and good to drink milk and use it for food, seen?
Because God made it so, don't let any man rearrange or change it, seen?

Don't worry about what the italist may say, because Rastafari and Ital are two different things not to be confused, seen?
Just be real, if you are Rasta then obey God,
but if you are an italist, then do as they say!

God gave milk to His people for food, so let's enjoy it!

give thanks..

Messenger: Ras congo Sent: 9/5/2012 12:47:32 PM

Zion mountain if. Look at rasta songs also they say treat the vegan way for e.g jah suns song no bones no blood . Did u know milk is the White blood of the cow tha is why many Rastas are saying no milk inna di Ital livity . I don't drink or eat anything that contains milk . I know of a famous person called beenie man I heard in an interview him nah partake in milk eating or drink him done seh dat him ago deal wid no milk and dat sump deh . So look up to the Rastas singing too is all i can say they have links to rasta and spread a message which is contained by them .

Messenger: Ras congo Sent: 9/5/2012 12:49:54 PM

Also the mordern facts may stun you, pasteurised milk still has pus and bacteria . Is a fact for u to understand . @ ras kanjas what's an italist and what's the difference between a rasta and an italist that separates the two?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/5/2012 2:20:47 PM

I am not sure what an italist is, but I think it is just a vegan!
But I know that a Rastafarian is a person that accepts King Selassie-I as the return of Christ, a person who accepts the blacks as the chosen people and that they shall soon return to their Africa, seen?

Ital lifestyle has got nothing to do with Rastafari, seen?
Rastafari is Rastafari, and italism is italism, seen?
Don't confuse these two!

Seen?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/5/2012 3:55:20 PM

Ital and RasTafarI are not two separate things. Ital is something that came from RasTafarI people. Many RasTafarI people don't eat completely Ital, but that is looked on as being more or less strict in terms of Ital living, not as something that is separate from RasTafarI.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/5/2012 11:08:02 PM

Soy milk is a good alternative and it tastes very similar to dairy milk.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I