Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=486&start_row=91

batty bwoys

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 173
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 8/31/2007 6:36:55 AM

oh still looking I see where you are going with this.
Did you see any Rasta come to a gay or lesbian reasoning forum and say: "stop being battyboys ,stop being fags etc., you are foolish" . NO!
Yet you have the gutts to come up here to Ras Tafar I Reasoning forum and say "throw the Bible away you seem foolish", for I it is as much as an insult as spitting in I face! Haile Selassie I said "for I glory in the Bible" ,you have nuff ignorance to spit in HIM face too!
I smell some one is burning. Don't you?
Holy Immanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/31/2007 6:52:30 AM

and it is an insult to i that one would come on a rasta board, claim to be rasta, and then participate in hate speech that contributes to denying another human being their rights.

and if it is in their bible that tells them this hate speech is accpetable----then yes----throw it away.

if someone was using the koran, or the torah , or sutras to justify hating another human being and denying them their rights i would say to throw them away as well.

i am not saying that anyone needs to change their views on homosexuality (though that would make the next part easier), what i would like to see is that you at least fight for their rights to live as free as we do and that you speek out against the verbal and physical violence that they live with everyday......if we could get to that it would be a start.

but what we get here is nothing different than what you would get if you went to a kkk site except that instead of blacks being verbally bashed it is the gays.

peace

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 8/31/2007 8:35:54 AM

InI don't deny anyone rights... I simply don't get in any Babylon bussines ,unless it is essencial to I survival ,meaning I have to work and hustle in this Babylon system to feed Iself , that is it. I can't overstand one thing. Why we have to fights for the rights of them that we don't approve of, if we concider homosexuality an abomination, how we can fight for them. Does this makes sense to you? You say we MUST fight for them... Ras Tafar I is not somekind of a hippie gathering... One love doesn't mean "Babylon let's gather together all the wicked and hug...", no One is the ONE ,HIM ,when you have One love ,it means you love JAH, and how can I love JAH and yet fight for them who JAH burn, for the sodomites?
You speak for equall rights yet you want us to be mute, you take one of our rights, the right to speak, the right to believe in what we believe.
Blessed love Holy Immanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/31/2007 10:45:25 AM

still looking,

Several times in the past, even before you got here, I and others here have said that we don't support beating down a batty boy.

Don't expect us to say much more about the problems batty boys face then that. I and I see their behaviour as a sin, so if the subject of batty boys comes up, then you will most likely see I and I speak against what we see as wickedness.

I and I also don't defend pedophiles, rapists, murderers or any other thing we see as wickedness. If you don't approve of our approach, I really don't care because you know nothing about RasTafarI and are trying to judge our ways based on an ism that is not RasTafarI.

Sometimes people will hear my views about something and think that I deal with this ism or that ism. And I inform them that I and I are none of those isms, I and I are RasTafarI. So I and I might agree with this or that that people of those isms agree with, but we disagree with this or that other thing.

I and I are not who you want I and I to be, I and I are who I and I are. I and I see homosexuality as a sin, so I and I speak about it as a sin.

People talk about equal rights and justice. But they always forget about the justice.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/31/2007 10:59:10 AM

"If you don't approve of our approach, I really don't care because you know nothing about RasTafarI and are trying to judge our ways based on an ism that is not RasTafarI"

That's really the word.

Using liberal yardsticks to measure the credibility of RasTafari? Can't work.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/31/2007 11:35:54 AM

i will repost this poem as it speaks to my concern on this issue because many of you take the position that you will not get involved in the fight for gays to be treated as fair humans....

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

a pastor during nazi germany

i think my point and stance is clear --- don't expect others to come to your defense as you cry that babylon mistreats and looks down on rastas ---that's all

peace

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/31/2007 11:43:21 AM

still looking, you said,
--------------------------
i think my point and stance is clear --- don't expect others to come to your defense as you cry that babylon mistreats and looks down on rastas ---that's all
--------------------------

That has already happened a long time ago and still happens and we have no expectation from anybody else but ourselves.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/31/2007 12:09:49 PM

Again, he thinks RasTa is a politrickal stance... so, how else is he expected to process the conversations he has in here.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/31/2007 1:40:34 PM

still looking,

I just thought about your last post again and what you are saying is completely ridiculous. You have some faulty logic in that mind of yours.

RasTafarI people support many people who are not RasTafarI. So your nazi poem and your statement about defense makes no sense when talking about I and I, unless you somehow think that everybody who is not RasTafarI is a batty boy.

Even though I and I still have no expectation from anybody and look to I and I, and Jah RasTafarI for support. Many people who are not RasTafarI who I and I support are likely to support I and I as well.

I and I don't support batty boys, and I and I not only don't expect support from batty boys, I and I also don't have any desire to get support from batty boys.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/31/2007 1:43:01 PM

i was at a workshop in zimbabwe a few years ago anfd there was a male speaker calling for change on how men treat women in the country. this youth (early 20's) stands up and says if they want change they can do it themselves. men don't have to help them. many of the people shouted him down (men and women)

"if the people who are being oppressed are not in a postition to create change, how will change occur for them?"

there is not a group of one time oppressed people in history who did not receive help to end their oppression from people that "Looked" as if they were the of oppressors

many of you have a very selfish, self-centered view of the world.

yeah, thats the philosophy that marley promoted.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 173

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I