Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=486&start_row=141

batty bwoys

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 173
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/5/2007 11:55:23 AM

So, I guess it's news to you that this "metropolitan world" of yours is gonna go up in flames while you're in there trying to figure out how to get on with it's inhabitants?

That question is to Sister Ten. I'm not that interested in your take Still Looking. Oh, by the way... how are you finding the still looking? I would have thought you find it difficult. Ye know, with you not having any eyes...?

Messenger: still looking Sent: 9/5/2007 12:16:20 PM

thank you for your kindness yaa

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/5/2007 12:48:03 PM

I thought I would return the favour.

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 9/5/2007 3:03:00 PM

Blessings.......Justice.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/8/2007 4:32:03 PM

GAYS/AIDS MY SON BROUGHT THIS TO MY ATTENTION

MY SON WAS WATHCHIN TV.... AND ON A SIT COM. THERE WAS A BATTY MAN, HANGIN AROUND A HIS STRAIGHT FAMILY AND FREINDS ...
MY SON IMMEDIETLY IDENTIFIED THE BATTY MAN, BY THE WAY HE TALKED. AND TURNED OFF THE T V . HE ASKED ME WHY ARE GAY PEOPLE ALOWD ON T V ? "GOD DONT LIKE NASTY NESS." I SAID "YOUR RIGHT SON GOD DOESNT LOVE NASTYNESS."..
THE REASON WHY THEY ARE ON TV , IS THAT A LOT OF GAYS HAVE MONEY
AND THEY ARE USIN THE MEDIA TO BREAK THYE ICE SO TO SPEAK ..
THE MORE PEOPLE SEE THEM IN PUBLIC OR ON TV ,THEY THINK THAT THEY CAN EASE ON IN TO SOCIETY AND BE LOOKED AT AS JUST SIMPLY NORMAL PEOPLE DOIN WHAT NORMAL PEOPLE DO !!!!! IF THEY KEEP UP THE MEDIA WORK
WATCH HOW MANY KIDS TURN GAY BEFORE HIGHSCHOOL THINKIN ITS OK TO BE GAY !!!!!
GAY SEX IS MORE THAN IMMORAL !!!!!!IT IS DANGEROUS DEADLY!!!!
Revised June 2007 MSM MEN WHO HAVE SEX WITH MEN /THESE R THE FACTS

In the United States, HIV infection and AIDS have had a tremendous effect on men who have sex with men (MSM). MSM accounted for 71% of all HIV infections among male adults and adolescents in 2005 (based .. from 33 states with long-term, confidential name-based HIV reporting), even though only about 5% to 7% of male adults and adolescents in the United States identify themselves as MSM [1, 2].

The number of HIV diagnoses for MSM decreased during the 1980s and 1990s, but recent surveillance data show an increase in HIV diagnoses for this group [3, 4]. Additionally, racial disparities exist with regard to HIV diagnoses within the MSM population. A recent study, conducted in 5 large US cities, found that HIV prevalence among black MSM (46%) was more than twice that among white MSM (21%) [5].

The recent overall increase in HIV diagnoses for MSM, coupled with racial disparities, strongly points to a continued need for appropriate prevention and education services tailored for specific subgroups of MSM, especially those who are members of minority races/ethnicities.

Statistics
HIV/AIDS in 2005
(The following bullets refer to the 33 states with long-term, confidential name-based HIV reporting. See the box, before the References section, for a list of the 33 states.)

In the 33 states with long-term, confidential name-based HIV reporting, an estimated 19,620 MSM (18,296 MSM and 1,324 MSM who inject drugs) received a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS, accounting for 71% of male adults and adolescents and 53% of all people receiving an HIV/AIDS diagnosis that year [1].
The number of HIV/AIDS diagnoses among MSM (including MSM who inject drugs) increased 11% from 2001 through 2005 [1]. It is not known whether this increase is due to an increase in the testing of persons with risk factors, which results in more HIV diagnoses, or due to an increase in cases of HIV infection
An estimated 231,893 MSM (207,810 MSM and 24,083 MSM who inject drugs) were living with HIV/AIDS [1].
Transmission categories of male adults and adolescents with HIV/AIDS diagnosed during 2005

IS IT I RONIC THAT STRAIGHT PEOPLE PRACTICING HIGH RISK SEX ONLY MAKE UP 15 PECENT OF THE INFECTED THAT MAKES ME KNOW THAT IN THE CLOSET MEN MOST LIKELY SPREAD THAT TO OUR QUEENS
I COULDNT COPY THE GRAPHS ILL GIVE U THE LINK CHECK FOR YOUR SELF

An estimated 19,248 MSM (17,230 MSM and 2,018 MSM who inject drugs) received a diagnosis of AIDS, accounting for 65% of male adults and adolescents and 47% of all people who received a diagnosis of AIDS [1].
An estimated 7,293 MSM (5,929 MSM and 1,364 MSM who inject drugs) with AIDS died, accounting for 60% of all men and 45% of all people with AIDS who died [1].
Since the beginning of the epidemic, an estimated 517,992 MSM (452,111 MSM and 65,881 MSM who inject drugs) had received a diagnosis of AIDS, accounting for 68% of male adults and adolescents who received a diagnosis of AIDS and 54% of all people who received a diagnosis of AIDS [1].
Since the beginning of the epidemic, an estimated 300,669 MSM (260,749 MSM and 39,920 MSM who inject drugs) with AIDS had died, accounting for 68% of male adults and adolescents with AIDS who had died and 57% of all people with AIDS who had died [1].
At the end of 2005, an estimated 217,323 MSM (191,362 MSM and 25,961 MSM who inject drugs) were living with AIDS, representing 67% of male adults and adolescents living with AIDS and 52% of all people living with AIDS [1].
Risk Factors and Barriers to Prevention
Sexual Risk Factors
Sexual risk factors account for most HIV infections in MSM. These factors include unprotected sex and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Having anal sex without a condom continues to be a significant threat to the health of MSM [6]. Unprotected anal sex (barebacking) with casual partners is an increasing concern. Not all the reasons for an apparent increase in unprotected anal intercourse are known, but research points to the following factors: optimism about improved HIV treatment, substance use, complex sexual decision making, seeking sex partners on the Internet, and failure to practice safer sex [7]. Some of these men may be serosorting, or only having sex (or unprotected sex) with a partner whose HIV serostatus, they believe, is the same as their own. Although serosorting between MSM who have tested HIV-positive is likely to prevent new HIV transmission to persons who are not infected, the effectiveness of serosorting between men who have tested HIV-negative has not been established. Serosorting with condom use may further reduce the risk of HIV transmission. However, for men with casual partners, serosorting alone is likely to be less effective than always using condoms because some men do not know or disclose their HIV serostatus [8].
STDs, which increase the risk for HIV infection, remain an important health issue for MSM. According to the Gonococcal Isolate Surveillance Project, the proportion of gonorrhea-positive test results among MSM increased from 4% in 1988 to 20.2% in 2004 [9]. Rates of syphilis among MSM have increased in some urban areas, including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle [10–12]. In the 9 US cities participating in the MSM Prevalence Monitoring Project, the rates of STDs and HIV positivity varied by race and ethnicity but tended to be highest among black and Hispanic MSM [9]. In addition to increasing susceptibility to HIV, STDs are markers for high-risk sexual practices, through which HIV infection can be transmitted [13].
Unknown HIV Serostatus
Approximately 25% of people in the United States who are infected with HIV do not know they are infected [14].

Through its National HIV Behavioral Surveillance system, CDC found that 25% of the MSM surveyed in 5 large US cities were infected with HIV and 48% of those infected were unaware of their infections [5].
In a recent CDC study of young MSM, 77% of those who tested HIV-positive mistakenly believed that they were not infected [15]. Young black MSM in this study were more likely to be unaware of their infection?approximately 9 of 10 young black MSM compared with 6 of 10 young white MSM. Of the men who tested positive, most (74%) had previously tested negative for HIV infection, and 59% believed that they were at low or very low risk.
Research has shown that many people who learn that they are infected with HIV alter their behaviors to reduce their risk of transmitting the virus [16, 17]. Therefore, increasing the proportion of people who know their HIV serostatus can help decrease HIV transmission.

SO MY 10 YEAR OLD SON IN HIS OWN HEART KNOWS RIGHT FROM WRONG HED DIIDNT EVEN WANT TO HEAR A BATTY MAN TALK OUT OF HIS NASTY MOUTH ...THE BIG PICTURE TO I IS THAT OUT OF THE 71 PERCENT OF GAYS ONLY 5 OR SO % ADMITTED THEY WERE HAVIN SEX W MEN MEANING THEY PROBABLY STILL HAVE SEX WITH WOMAN!!!! THAT IS EARTH QUAKE SUNAMI KATRINA I RAQ ALL IN ONE DEATH!!!!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/9/2007 3:56:26 AM

Greetings I
Its interesting a ten year old has that perception on life - it shows his environment are where his teachings come from. Its amazing how quickly children can pick up on society's anti-feelings. Regardless of the I's feelings on homosexuality perhaps a lesson to be learnt is how to protect our children from using hate words and seeing a lifestyle as "nasty" especially at such an age of innocence and God has so much love to give them. The "nastyness" as he puts it is not the gay lifestyle but its the HIV epidemic and they way in which it is wiping out millions of people. This is an evil virus and the biggest group as we all know are not gay people but Black people and for I this is a concern. How this disease has taken away families, caused poverty (and poverty has caused AIDS too) and killed so many people is not 'nasty' but it is sad this is what concerns I from these statistics. Maybe that's the evil this disease has done to people of all diversities is what our children should be learning about.

This is the quote from the article:

"In a recent CDC study of young MSM, 77% of those who tested HIV-positive mistakenly believed that they were not infected [15]. Young black MSM in this study were more likely to be unaware of their infection?approximately 9 of 10 young black MSM compared with 6 of 10 young white MSM. Of the men who tested positive, most (74%) had previously tested negative for HIV infection, and 59% believed that they were at low or very low risk."
"Rates of syphilis among MSM have increased in some urban areas, including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle [10–12]. In the 9 US cities participating in the MSM Prevalence Monitoring Project, the rates of STDs and HIV positivity varied by race and ethnicity but tended to be highest among black and Hispanic MSM [9]. "

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/9/2007 5:08:52 AM

Was my post deleted? If you're going to delete my post, at least post and give me a reason to why it was deleted. Anyway, I'm posting my message again:

Ten, may Jah Jah bless you for your wise words.

I do very much agree that the Bible must be read with great caution as many texts certainly have been influenced by the specific views of many people. This is why His Majesty tells us to find the truth for ourselves, it is dangerous to just blindly believe in something that is written or said. You have to look inside your heart that Jah has given you to find the real truth. I do not believe that everything that is written in the Bible is the natural law of man. Jesus tells us to be careful with what we believe as many laws of Jah have been changed by man.

I believe that homosexuality is just as natural as heterosexuality. I believe that our specific sexuality is determined and given to us as gift from Jah, be it heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality. I don't believe that Jah gave us our sexuality simply for the purpose of procreating, it is much more than that. Sex is a big part of love, it is something beautiful that binds two people together. I also think that homosexuality has a purpose, just like heterosexuality. I believe that homosexuality partly exists to balance out the number of people on earth. I think that if it wasn't for homosexuality, the earth would have been grossly overpopulated a long time ago.

Ten, what do you think of my views?

To anyone that is going to reply to this with any kind of homophobic answer: don't bother answering because I am not interested in your views on this topic.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/9/2007 6:08:45 AM

Blessed Love
Yes Aya I do agree homosexuality is as natural heterosexuality. I think its deeper than the word of the Bible because spirituality is in all levels of life - the Bible only a part. His Majesty taught us to look quest for knowledge and that is the power of being. I wouldn't agree fully with the view that homosexuality is a population control measure because its still a minority practice in many parts of the world - only in few cities do you find large gay populations so you can't really say its had a massive impact on population figures. Look at places like India and China with populations of a billion plus and in their cultures homosexuality is not common neither is it regarded as child control measure - maybe in their ancient cultures it was. But give thanks for you views on love and sex - it has many dimenstions and isn't only about having kids. And the only reason people find homosexual love disgusting is because they've been conditioned to do so. The Bible, the Church, the world in which we are raised teaches us to think so - but this is Babylon because we teach ourselves to love in a limited sense yet it has no boundaries - love goes where it does, it does what it will and no societies views can chain it to a specific sexual practice.
And even in the Bible Abraham begged God not to destroy Sodom but JAH said no because the people have been cruel to visitors of the city and they are wicked in their ways I shall destroy them. It was not in specific reference to the act of same sex, but a cumulation of the evil things the people had done. (Ezekiel 16 49-50 and Matthew 10 14-15) so even JAH destroys the cities because of their wickedness not homosexuality. I n I need to re-read the Bible and pay attention the language not what domininant societal views there are. That's Babylon - as much we think we freed ourselves through Rastafari, we are still seeking freedom if we are bound by society's morals and values rather than discerning for ourselves what is true.

Yes I love is JAH and JAH is in everything - even in the gay man or woman that people are so offended by. And if JAH never meant it to be so, why would it be that people knew how to have same-sex. And as for sex itself, that was the folly of humans Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden but God still loved them? How come its ok to interpret God's word to Adam and Eve as a blessing for lineages but God's destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah is seen only as a punishment for homosexuality and not the evils?
Give thanks

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 9/9/2007 6:34:26 AM

Selassie I

to this sis, the board has become ermmmmm......."homosexuality/bisexuality/lesbian love 101"
can InI move on...
InI have more important things to reason upon.
judgement has already been meted out by the MOST HIGH and InI RASTAFAR I are not rasponsible for trying to make a one see InI points or beliefs....(by the way...further up in this unneccesarily (?) LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG thread someone referred to rastafar I as a religion......InI nah deal with religion seen....InI Rastafar I is a way of life)
be thankful that the wolves have been revealed and that the demons have shown them faces......be thankful that ones who InI thought to be rasta have been revealed.....take the positive things that HIM has revealed throughout this thread and let InI move on.
if InI keep rasponding....they will just keep chattering.....ignore them and let InI move on....nah raspond to them anymore....seen.
and to the "Ras" that came out on the board.....sorry bro, but a homosexual/bisexual/lesbian is NOT A RASTA.....sorry.....
InI as RASTAFAR I do not judge ones who are homosexual/bisexual/lesbian...that is HIM part to judge.....but InI do burn the behavior, and InI DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT BEHAVIOR...so get over it and go reason on this subject somewhere else.
the one's who are causing the strife....and that is what is happening because InI do not agree with you....are only continuing on with this susu becuase InI are not bowing and being in agreement with them.
stop reasoning with these ones whose plan is to cause strife and they will go away.
i believe there is a board on yahoo called single men loving rasta that may get the infiltrators the rapsonses that they so desire.
just go away and let InI go about rasta bisiness seen.....take the negativity somewhere else.

bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/9/2007 6:52:33 AM

Sis IriJah, Blessed Love
Rasta business is life business - all its complexities and this is a discussion of an aspect of life. It has caused much strife and that's been an unfortunate outcome of this sensitive issue.. But as for telling Ites to go reason on yahoo, its important here in this forum not elsewhere, we are also here to exchange knowledge of a cultural practice relevant to I n I movement as one rooted in African existence and a way of life that embodies the globe too. Its part of our reality so let's deal with it as it has an important bearing on the values we give to our children and how we live with diversity in our various societies. And just by the title of the group, I've no interest in something that sounds as though its an exploitation and exoticisation of Rastafari - no need for puppet shows....And Rastafari is religion if you consider it in the context of what HIS Majesty says on both religion and spirituality. It was made a bad word by imperialism, slavery, the Church and Xtianity but in its denotative meaning religion is not a bad word.
Let I n I empower ourselves through knowledge but not fussing and fighting.
Jah Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 173

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I