Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=486&start_row=121

batty bwoys

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 173
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 9/4/2007 6:35:16 AM

still looking....haha.......like i said.....i have much pity for you.........seems as if your faulty logic has done it again.....keep up the bad work.......ya babylonian.......FIYAH PON YA!

you put words in I mouth that I utter not........

Jah always say man will destroy himself with his own logic and way of thinkin as he takes his own "CONtrol" over his life rather than putting all your Love and Faith within the Most High......

So trod on wit ya wickedness.......just keep I out of your head and mouth.......you and all ur batty friends are gonna be BURNED by HOT FIYAH! I would say good luck to ya......but when you roll with a posse of Truth, you come to find that luck does not exist, just karma.

haha.....i use you and others likeyou as examples on how not to think or live......so to the Most High I give thanks and Ises for u bein around.........

all sandpaper people do is make me smooth and polished. Ises. Gotta Love the sandpaper people....

RasTafarI
Immaunel Haile I Selassie I the First

Messenger: still looking Sent: 9/4/2007 7:37:40 AM

i asked if you would support gays getting married ---you said no ---explain how i put words in your mouth?

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 9/4/2007 8:18:50 AM

i dont give explainations to fools, its pointless. you wouldnt need I explaination if you would wise up, open your eyes, and see what has been layed before you....

Gotta Love the sandpaper people....

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 9/4/2007 9:07:55 AM

Greetings Idren and Sistrens,

I'm not usual to intervene in the forum reasonings or discussion a lot, but now I think it would be a right thing from my part write something just because the one here misunderstand what the othre say and so on, until they finally divide, just because misunderstandings.

The question about homosexuality in Christianity, and therefore in RastafarI, is as following.
The homosexuality issue has to be distinguished and acknowledged within two phases: 1) practiced homosexuality 2) natural state.
If we focus on this we won't fail in understanding the issue. Before everything is told, or explained, one has just to accept the Teaching of Genesis; otherwise it will be just possible to understand the Church point of view, althought one doesn't agree with that (so one has got to be decided on what he has to do: agree or just understand).
In any case, the first point is condammnedd because of the innaturality that this fact would consist in; innaturality and immorality in sexuality is not just homosexuality, but also fornication and adultery and the non monogamy. This is due to the fact that sex is the life wich has to come, so everyform of sexuality that may goes outside this goal is not just innatural, but also discriminating life, and immoralising the the act that is gonna create it: the Companionship and carnal Union between the man and the woman (wich simbolizy the Union between Crhist and the Church) is Holy, and has to keep its original state. If you try to unite to pieces of a puzzle, and they can't enter one another, you have to find the right one, but you will never see a male piece enter another male piece.
But, of course, homosexuality too is natural in we say also that natural is be born with a mental disorder. This is the naturality of sexuality. But, the main difference lies in the fact that homosexualmen can control, just like a monk control his passions. So, one can also understand that his homosexuality may be a "test" that Jah has give him, to forward in sanctity, and maybe, that gayman, will be more saint in continence, than a man who practice the natural union, disrespecting his Queen or other aspects that the incontaminated and chaste Marriage requires.

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 9/4/2007 9:49:44 AM

plus, ther is respect. Well, no one can forget the Love that the Faher has showned us, by sending is Son, whose sweate came out in blood, and Who, while being suffering on the Cross, prayed the Father to forgive us. And He sent Him also before we could understand we were doing evilous works, and before we could, He sent Yesus to shed His Blood.

Many gaymen maybe practice a non natural sexuality, just being in good purpouse, and that may be to realize them selves in doing what their sexuality tell them to do. Maybe they don't know yet the Teaching of Jah, and it is possible as well that one day, when they would see It, tehy will change their actions. Also, just like when a woman hears the words of Paul's epistles about eh submission of the Wife or just woman, and they plug their ears because it seems to be inaccettable and innatural, and so they get furios and furiosity will not make them listen, they will reject all the True Teaching of the Scriptures and listen to it anymore. Because of rashness they crash It away. But only with humbleness and obbedience, pure obedience, (not slaveryship) one can reach Him. They would soon understand that it is not a question of rights or mensupremacy due to a will of power and omnipotence, but it is just , everything, is just leaded by Love, Eternal Love, and Love and Love.
When one of the gaymen would realize everything written above, he maybe will also realize that is natural condition may just be a "test" that Jah called him in, and he maybe would gain more sanctity in continence and humbleness to the will of Jah, than another man who deal with natural sex, but disrespect his Queen, and lacks in all those required things for a Chaste and Pure Marriage. The gayman in thin way will be nothing more than a monk, that can resist to his passion, an do on...

Anyone remembers what the Beast has done? How he killed gaymen? Anyone knows the beast claime to be God in person? So who will think that a True RastafarI would do the things the beast did, or rise against his Creator? Everyone has the right to be listened in his problems and to be helped, and we have to tear our seves untill tears will be shed upon our face, not to preach and kill, but to me submitted to all and all, just to prove and show the Love Crhist has established , Ras TfarI has established. To show our light, and serve, because , serving the brotherhood is the real Power.

I hope things will go better, and I pray every one, such as Stillloking, to ask everything, also about the Scriptures, and for all the misunderstandigs, ask in humbleness before shot agaisnt the author of the post (whoever he is).

Blessed Love

Blessed love

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 9/4/2007 9:59:40 AM

p.s. Excuse me, I have written two times the same thing, about the mending of the gaymen's ways. The pc switched off, and I didn't remember I had already written it.

Give thanks

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/4/2007 11:54:28 AM

Praises Aya
So you think homosexuals have 'spiritual weakness' and so you are on a mission to bring salvation and deliverance to them. Right? I sincerely doubt homosexuals see themselves as people in need of salvation. Being homosexual is as much an expression of oneself as being heterosexual is - there are complex reasons why people are gay - some of them natural and some of them because of human conditioning. As said before some people are abused as children and find comfort n safety in same sex relationships, others are born that way - yes people are born gay believe it or not. It has to do with the random patterning of X and Y chromosomes. Some would even go so far as to say we are born bi-sexual and the gene of dominant desire determines whether one is straight or gay. But I have to read more on this subject.

And I'm sorry to say but your thinking is rooted very much in Christian philosophies I just don't agree with. The Bible is a Holy Book yes I, but it is a Book that was written by people - mostly men and it has been interpreted by a religious order that is predominantly patriarchal. What is 'natural' as you believe is the dominant perception of what is said to be the way by those in positions of power to influence how people think. These are mostly people who I feel are hardly qualified to speak on women for they don't know the circumstances facing each woman - everything is relative.
You claim, "just like when a woman hears the words of Paul's epistles about eh submission of the Wife or just woman, and they plug their ears because it seems to be inaccettable and innatural, and so they get furios and furiosity will not make them listen, they will reject all the True Teaching of the Scriptures and listen to it anymore. "

Do you know why women rise in opposition to such things? Because historically its been that the Bible has been used as a tool to supress women - a woman is unclean, a woman is a temptress, even The Wailers sing "woman is the root of all evil" (Adam and Eve). Submit in Islam permits a man to beat his wife, submit in many cultures used to mean marital rape was okay, submit in traditional cultures means polygamy without a woman's consent is okay. So many heinous things have been done to women in the name of submission and upholding the laws set by God - yet Rastafari teaches us to seek balance between King Alpha and Queen Omega as Our Holy Father exempliflied. But even in Rastafari you still find oppressive laws justified by this word 'submit' - what an Empress must wear, at what times of the month she may/may not attend Binghi or cook in her home, when a Sister becomes a man's King she 'submits' to his word, a Sister who is now a Queen only puffs ganja with her King etc etc.

Obviously not every patriarch is an oppressive one, but the number is overwhelming and its historical roots are cause for uproar and discontent among women. For women I know too not every woman is virtous - but that is her own issue with the Most High. And there are so many overings of the word submit - some Empresses and some of I Mothers have itated on it quite nicely and said submit means RASPECT for Your King. You are not under, and even if you were, submit does not mean oppression neither. So I there are many views on the subject and I would love to go on n on but the subject here is of sexuality.

The oppressive interpretation of the Bible is also another factor of lesbianism - too often women have to devise ways to protect themselves from this false male right to possess the female body and Christian virtues on female conduct with men, female dressing and aspects of women's lives. If you read history you will find alot of female sororities such as the Sappho of 7th Century BC, Chinese marriage resistance sisterhoods and African women who formed networks to protect their bodies, their wombs and their femininity.

They formed same sex friendships to have economic independence and as freedom from oppressive cultural rules such as footbinding in China - the only women who were exempt were those in sisterhoods. These women successfully organised strikes in silk mills so they would not have to labour. In Kenya among the Meru women who wanted to avoid arranged marriages formed same sex unions, among the Lovedu of Lesotho, women relations are not uncommon. Being lesbian or gay has alot of political and cultural mobility and is not solely something that goes against Biblical teachings. Which is more evil/sinful/'unnatural': to bind a woman's foot so its 8cm, crush her delicate toe bones and bend her foot beyond repair or to simply free oneself by loving another woman? If that's the crime; Aya think again; a woman's story is a long and painful struggle to be free.

As an aside Empress Yaa you once sighted bell hooks - she writes quite well on the subject of Black women's sexuality perhaps you want to might read her and Audre Lourde as well, she was a prolific writer on so many issues pertaining to Black women.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 9/4/2007 12:38:35 PM

Greetings,

first thing is , as you said too, it is hard to make order in a post that contains three subjects: Christianity of Tafari Makonnen, Bible authority, women's discrimination and homosexuality. I have to reply in this topic, but I hope no one will do the same after me, and so it would be better that if one would go on, may open another topic, or contact me at : dbev@hotmail.it , also with msn messenger.

For these reason I'll try to be short. About the authority of the Bible and the Teaching of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie the First: He has told us the Bible in a few word, wile reminding hte Patriarchs, the Sacrifice of Jesus, and many other things. Also pointing that Ethiopia has got one of the oldest version of It, presenting many Bibles to the students and gloryfing Himself in It, for He is Christ returned, King of Kings. This is about the relation Bible-Christianity-RastafarI. The general issue about the authority of the Book, I think would really go too much out of the topic.
Concerning the submission of women: Empress Menen was humbly submitted to His King, "as Sarah was to Abraham, so She was obedient to Me" wearing a veil as a sign of submition. This word doesn't mean slavery or right of the housband to beat her, but just the natural way of living as shown by the Most High, in which everyone carry out hisher duties for the community: the men for what they have to to since they are men, and the women for what the woman have to do. 1Corinthians 11. Remember : the man need the woman.
The women's condition in the Bobo camps, should not prejudice the behaviour towards the women of every other houses or way of hailing RastafarI. Those things are not required to be Holy, and should be done only if one would like to, not considering it as an order: maybe BoboPrincess do it with plaisure, just like the growing of locks, and that is appreciable, and useful.

Dear Sis, you said homosexuality is the realization (as I wrote too) of the sexual nature of gaymen. This explains nothing, in fact, many many children are grown badly, and because of the lacking of education they behave badly. This is quite natural, and they can go on and on till they die, behaving in this way.
Many can be the reasons of homosexuality, but you have quoted examples of evilous way of living, that has to be thrown out.
Ohters are born so, and I think that concerning this, I have already written my point of view in the posts above.
I have to say again , that there is no moral repression, or persecution against them. (or there should be none). I know you know that some sing "when we chant binghi babylon fall". When we chant binghi we chant against evil, and evil is what is not with God. It is disobedience and presumptuosity. We don't condamn anyone: we condamn evil. Who does evilous works, DOES WHAT we condamn, but we don't condamn HE WHO DOES. Non one has this right, not even the Angels (Jude Epistle, 9).
Homsexual as I said can't be put togheter all in the same group of people; look at my first words about the acknowledge of this fact. In Italy we say "non fare di tutta l'erba un fascio", and it means that for everything you have to examine its particularity, not claiming all to be the same. Even if no one upon the earth belonged to the first or to the second group, the distinction would remain among those who would be in, and those who would be out of those groups.

Kings and Queens I remind you all,again , my email adress, dbev@hotmail.it, not to be your teacher, but to discuss with order on everything.

"This is not because of my righteousness, but because of Your Mercy, oh Lord". (Haile Selassie I)

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/4/2007 2:28:28 PM

Blessed Love Aya
First of all you will notice that when I spoke of submit I gave its varied meanings. Just because its scripted in the Ible, the way its interpreted does not always make it just. There are laws in the Quaran that permit a husband to physically discipline his wife but that does not make it right. And to what degree a man beats his wife in the name of discipline is a matter of interpretation. In the good book of Corinthians you speak of a woman submits to God's will by covering her head and wearing long skirts - but the Empress Mennen did not always cover her head, she wore her hair as an open crown. Are you going to say that is 'unnatural' or 'unholy'. Is it natural to cover the body when we are born naked? From I part of the world my ancestors were bare breasted and wore grass skirts - for them this was their way of dress and I'm not going to chant hola fire 'pon that because I appreciate it as the livity of the time.
Aya you speak of laws in Rastafari well I've explained how the word submission functions in both a negative and positive sense.
You said one true thing at the end of post,
"In Italy we say "non fare di tutta l'erba un fascio", and it means that for everything you have to examine its particularity, not claiming all to be the same."
Exactly why we cannot just burn fire on sexual orientation or anything for that matter. You have to place everything in its context, undertstand its specificity and know the varied forms in which it occurs before you just outright chant it down. That's exactly why we cannot just assume "what is not with God" and chant Binghi fire - understand that a gay person is a person too with positive and negative qualities no different from other people. But its as though before you even get to know them you've already judged them as 'unholy' and 'unnatural' beings. Hmm who are you to judge? None of us are free of sin to call another a sinner. And if indeed for some twisted reason its sinful to be homosexual and practice homosexuality still judgement is reserved for the Most High as the Holy Psalms say.
As you speak things in their 'natural state' will you burn fire 'pon Rastafari bredren who uphold polygamy? Or Abraham? Or in other world cultures where that is the practice? I'd apply your rationale on particularity, before just saying things are unnatural - for what is natural anyway?
"sex is the life wich has to come, so everyform of sexuality that may goes outside this goal is not just innatural, but also discriminating life, and immoralising the the act that is gonna create it:" Another view i've a problem with - sex was not only created for pro-creation. There's enough knowledge in this world to know sex has dozens of functions and does not reset on this child-bearing principle alone. Why is it always raised in defence of heterosexual orders? And I won't even go into the gendered implications of such a defence regarding women others this will become a bigger issue than it already is.
"If you try to unite to pieces of a puzzle, and they can't enter one another, you have to find the right one, but you will never see a male piece enter another male piece. "
So how is it possible then that two men copulate? Men do enter men Aya, hence same sex relations. Regardless of it being acceptable or not, it is quite possible to do this....That's why we're talking abt homosexuality.
You went on to say
"But, of course, homosexuality too is natural in we say also that natural is be born with a mental disorder. This is the naturality of sexuality. But, the main difference lies in the fact that homosexualmen can control, just like a monk control his passions. So, one can also understand that his homosexuality may be a "test" that Jah has give him, to forward in sanctity, and maybe, that gayman, will be more saint in continence, than a man who practice the natural union, disrespecting his Queen or other aspects that the incontaminated and chaste Marriage requires."
Aya, I'm not being rude but you made I laugh with this. 'Mental disorder', please come again I. Have you proof of this? The Emperor encouraged us to read widely for knowledge is power. There is no 'test' Jah gives to someone. Isn't that contradictory - if you believe being gay is unnatural and abominable then why would Jah test someone in a way He outlaws? Surely Jah would 'test' your righteousness and not your 'unrighteous ways' if this were the case. What would He 'test' the sin in you insetead of testing the goodness in you?
I feel there's more to be said, more knowledge needed on this subject in order to over the specfic nature of being homosexual. As you said everything must be overed in its particularity - in context because its all about perspective.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/4/2007 3:17:19 PM

Just a few questions abt some things you said I,
"homosexuality is the realization (as I wrote too) of the sexual nature of gaymen. This explains nothing, in fact, many many children are grown badly, and because of the lacking of education they behave badly. This is quite natural, and they can go on and on till they die, behaving in this way."
In what context are you using the word natural here? Are you condoning the resultant homosexual behaviour of some abused children?Is it acceptable (not neccessarily bad or good but acceptable) then to be gay because you've come from an abused background?
And then you went on to say
"Many can be the reasons of homosexuality, but you have quoted examples of evilous way of living, that has to be thrown out. "
Do you mean to say mobilising as female-centred networks as a matter of survival is "evilous living"? Am I getting that right? Thrown out by who? If that's the case forget morals - these are the makings of people. I am for life and for survival, I am in favour of the examples of same-sex relations I gave and they need no validity from the moral reasonings of people. Its an opportunity to survive and that's Jah works in a mysterious way, beyond the judgemental laws of human.
If I overed your stance incorrectly then I stand humbly corrected, but if not I, remember your own words on particularity and assume not.

Blessed Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 173

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I