Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=486&start_row=1

batty bwoys

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 173
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress1 Sent: 11/12/2004 9:13:48 AM

Greetings in the name of HIM,
Just as Reggae was making its space in the main stream market Bablyon had to find a way to quiet our voices. Vybez Cartel,Beenieman,Buju, Sizzla, and the Prophet Capleton have all been banned in London and are being pulled from shows in the states now. This is ridiculous. InI cant believe battyman a really try run da world. I hope the I can couteract these foolish going ons, just because they speak the truth.
Jah RastaFarI

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/12/2004 10:22:15 AM

What dey ban? The manufacture of music, the booking of performance? In da states we mus provide avenues for Idren right to assemble.

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 11/12/2004 1:35:37 PM

That is what happened here as well, Capleton was banned from all of his booked shows! Nobody said a word, the battybwoys just shut them up and there is nothing more because the promoters don't want to deal with protests and strife. Capleton was featured in the gay newspaper as saying all sorts of things of which he does not. So now we are dealing with whether they will do this to every dancehall artist.

There are two ways to look at this, they are not in Jamaica so they need to be aware that the rest of the world is not so outwardly homophobic. On the other side, it is freedom of speech and InI do not agree with batty busyness so that is a right. From what occured here, Capleton was asked to not say anything as well write a letter saying that he will not.. when he did that, the gay community asked for him to do some work for them. That was it, he gave an inch and they ask for a mile... FYAH.

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 11/15/2004 3:29:23 PM

Its sickening to see it play out like this though

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/14/2005 3:43:36 PM

Yes... hmm.... Don't say anything bad about batyboys... you might offend them.

No-one cares how offended I am, though, by the thought of a man f*****g another man.... Did Jah create Adam and Steve? Did I misread?

All those banned should go to where they are unwelcome, to that country's capital, then give a free concert. Like our bredda Anthony B, singing "Fire Pon Rome" in a concert --in Rome, in front of the pope. Also, Peter Tosh supposedly burned a spliff in Buckingham Palace because he knew the queen would hate it. (Did he really do that? I've just heard of it)

I know a country singer -Willy Nelson, smoked a spliff on the roof of the White House. Which I respect.

Babylon tells us when we've hit a nerve, and the way I see it, we should stick on that nerve... and keep poking it where they can feel it. BUN BABYLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect, Rasta people

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/14/2005 11:23:05 PM

Idren, be very careful the energy you put into the universe. InI know without any doubt that no one person can know the master plan, and in such should not question it.
As for the banning of dancehall artist, it is truly a shame, however I ask the Idren to concider the amount of violence that occurs because of homophobia. As warriors of peace the Idren cannot celebrate or promote any violence. Self defense is an unfortunate neccesity but hate is unacceptable. If you have hatred in your heart, God will see it, and no matter who or what that hatred is for it can and will keep you from being one of the 144 thousand. If the Idren cannot find love in them heart, then the Idren cannot claim to be Rasta. Homophobia is a tool used to bring down those who will fall into it's trap. If it were not for the issues of homosexuality, abortion, and religion Bush Jr. would not be president today, don't forget that.
Them man and woman who love their own gender are harmless to you, they will recieve their own judgment, your judgment of them will only condem your own self. More importantly, homophobia and racist theories are exactly the same formula. Blind hate is a dangerous thing. Just because them man and woman love somebody you don't think they should love doesn't mean they deserve to have violence come to them and their families. Who are you to judge them, if you can't say you have a homosexual friend or family member who you have reasoned with and come to understand, you can't pass a judgment. Them man and woman fight for their right to exist everyday, don't forget, God does not make mistakes. InI love black men and nothing can ever replace them in my heart, if them man want to love other man, what can I say? God does not teach hate, and as such, I don't practice it. Words are a powerful thing Idren, please use them wisely.

Love Peace and FREEDOM
Empress Nzingha

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/15/2005 10:42:45 AM

True I

The Empress speaks wise words. I and I know I (personally) have issues of rage to deal with. These are my demons. I see it, though, and that's the first step to conquering it, seen? I have to work on that, personally. Ironically, I get strength to be peaceful through the martial arts, and I thank Jah for leading me to them. Unfortunately, my issues with abortion run deeper than any roots; and I don't know if I can ever find love for those murderers... just the thought makes me sick. As hard as I try, I am only a man. Please, Idren, pray for I and I strength in this. I know this is my weakness, and at this rate, it will be my undoing.

'Nuff Respect. Guidance.

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/15/2005 10:44:36 AM

Good point about Bush, also, sistren.

It makes sense that when Bush "solves the problem" he will be given all the credit.

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/15/2005 12:24:53 PM

"Them man and woman who love their own gender are harmless to you, they will recieve their own judgment, your judgment of them will only condem your own self. More importantly, homophobia and racist theories are exactly the same formula. Blind hate is a dangerous thing. Just because them man and woman love somebody you don't think they should love doesn't mean they deserve to have violence come to them and their families."
Yes Empress Nzingha, wisemind right there... InI must also remember just what the Fyah is and what it is burned for. Often ones and ones forget that the fyah is a Iritual fyah of love, burning out impurity. InI must not forget that balance is always necessary, so ones must come with the water as well. Perfect balance, man wombman and child; sun moon and stars.. Let InI be free from negative...
Perfect Love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/15/2005 4:33:36 PM

Trying to reform the world is like trying to cover it in leather, so that the thorns and stones won't hurt your feet, but it is much easier to wear shoes.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 173

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I