Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4846&start_row=1

The wearing of shoes at Iyahbinghi Ises

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/28/2012 7:41:20 AM

Greetings in the Ivine name of H.I.M Emperor Haile Selassie I.I man jus 19yrs old yuteman and still learning more about Rastafari trod and have so many unsolved questions.1st,concerning the Nyahbinghi hola grounds,InI here in ZImbabwe remove shoes at the Nyahbinghi hola grounds but I was surprised when Capleton visited here,the I forgot to remove him shoes and was Iminded by some elder Idrens and the I remained in him socks.I man also watched a DVD of the Nyahbinghi Ises in SA at the 80th anniversary of H.I.M coronation and some Idrens and sistrins were wearing shoes in the tabernacle,so is the removing of shoes a must or it depends with the Invironment,culture or anything else.BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/28/2012 8:17:47 AM

Here in England, Ones and Ones don't generally remove their shoes during Nyahbinghi Ises. However, there are certain places I and I gather where I and I remove shoes before entering, such as Haile Selassie I's room in Fairfield House.

I think this is because I and I are so used to moving about in babylon that shoes seem normal. I and I never know what I and I could be stepping on. Sometimes used heroin needles litter the streets and people leave rubbish everywhere. Not to mention that the ground is usually jagged asphalt in the cities. That isn't to say that certain Ones and Ones don't move without shoes still.

Give thank for sharing this information with I and I. It does actually seem appropriate to remove shoes and go barefoot during the Ises, but like I said, I think I and I in babylon still are too used to walking in shoes!

Blessed love

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/28/2012 8:49:05 AM

Ises king Nazarite I,evn one elder bredrin once told I that here inna the mama Africa z where roots and culture z still practised to the fullest.Give thanks Idren

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/28/2012 12:34:53 PM

Greetings. Please, explain what is Ises?

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/28/2012 12:39:31 PM

Ises means praises Sister, so a Nyahbinghi Ises is when I and I gather together and chant and beat Nyahbingi drum and dance.

Blessed love

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I