Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4843&start_row=1

The Flag

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: burningbush Sent: 8/24/2012 3:03:52 AM

why would some choose to fly with red on top?

in the book the lion of judah and the new world, HAILE SELASSIE I upon visiting a country saw a welcoming banner I-dorned with the rainbow and saw the red on top, and refused to exit the plane until the officials of the country followed proper protocol.

He explained this as meaning,
that there shall be no more bloodshed in Ethiopia,

ITY'OPPA IS THA WORLD

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/24/2012 6:54:40 AM

That is because the flag with red on top is a war banner. In times of peace it switches back to green on top. So unless this was from 1936-1941, then the banner should have had green at the top and His Majesty knows it.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/24/2012 7:32:15 AM

Early on in I Trod, many would put the red on top when making something with the colours and would always say red, gold and green instead of green gold and red.  One Idren would bring a painting of the flag to Nyahbinghi gatherings with the lion in the middle and red on top.  It was explained to I that because we are in armagedion war the red goes on top, and there was also mention of the golden circle throne and the top part of the circle would show the red on top, like the rainbow.

With this information about Selassie I, I need to reconsider the positioning of the colours I have on the website.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/30/2012 12:45:34 AM

Greetings Rastafari children,Iman also read the Incient Iyahbinghi guidelines,concerning the flag,the green is at the top and it is said to be the Iriginal Incient Ithiopian flag

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 8/30/2012 2:44:12 PM

RED

GOLD

GREEN

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 9/1/2012 12:48:46 AM

I don't know about red over green, green over red, I and I must know about good over evil.
That's jus what I n I kno bout God.
Seen?

I see some sayin some call some Jah Yah, etc. I n I should just know God, the same God of Israel dat the Christians thrive to see, or all religions I N I hear about in school textbooks.
Let I and I forgive Christ, so that I n I can forgive just that I n I can be forgiven. Never fish for the food I and I use tha rite pole, seen?

Jus like Bredren Eleazar already said, the Sun non-partial for it shines on everyone.
Do not let the Sun on your anger,

Praise be unto the
Most I King Selassie I RastafarI.
Seen?

(I-saiah 9)

God bless....

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 9/1/2012 12:55:17 AM

Btw I don't know about which Order they are in personally I fly Up green over red because of the I-ginning of ma trod I saw tha flag of Ethiopia and it was as a sight to see

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I