Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4834&start_row=21

where did locks originate?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/21/2014 3:13:33 PM

Ina ancient Africa deh was no comps so many people had naturaly locked hair. Some people like healers even did intentionaly lock dem hair through natural means such as rubbin with sand, some herbs, or red soil for de healers. Those who rub with sand they woud then wash it off by standind and shakin dem heads unders waterfalls. Otherwise waterfalls were known for de purpose of washin locked hair. Even in dis iwa when Rasta dwel near a waterfall he makes it him habit to wash him crown at de waterfal

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/22/2014 4:56:20 PM

^^No chiney brush but we had combs kingman.... Dat come from we. As well as lock, braid, twiss..... You right tho Fyah, I just didn't want to take that off from the table of our history.

Predynastic:

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/22/2014 6:57:44 PM

Bless Up fa d pics, I wanted ask Black Heart how ancient was d I talking, but yeah in ancient of ancientsi

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/23/2014 7:58:31 PM

Check out this Natty Natty Congo. That is POWER Iya's. That is livity.
RastafarI

It NO work as it is Facebook pic :(

Can Iman upload a pic? Or send it to an I and them can post it?

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/24/2014 2:54:24 AM

Were those comes from Incient time?
I thought we never had anything to straighten our hair in Incient of days.

Black heart
Give thanks for the Intribution because I always wonder how some could get thick locks if their hair did grow naturally into locks instead of those big locks which are more likely to grow if one's hair is untouched.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2014 8:31:24 AM

They were from over 6000 years ago, predynastic kemet. Seen?

We have always had the tools..... who mentioned anything about straightening though? I imagine most of the above would be used as pick-combs for braid twist lock cornrows plaits kind of style. We see all kinds of hairstyle on the ancients as we do today.......

The idea of the ancients living primitive with not even the basic of tools is a racist European lie

If garveys africa word isnt enough (which it should be by now) there's nuff links to 'check' on the subject:

https://museumegyptology.wordpress.com/tag/kemet/

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2014 8:52:55 AM

These dont look like freeform locks to me....

Just some visuals for the I. We have always been creative with our afro textured hair.

Isis

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 5/24/2014 11:06:22 AM

If garveys africa word isnt enough (which it should be by now)

InI just had to repost this. Iya Garvey's Africa the I is VERY WISE even when InI no sight things exactly the same, Iman still learn so much from the I. The I has been a blessing to InI Iducation. Live up Brother.

Selassie I

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 6/10/2014 5:19:26 PM

To answer the question, it originate on yo head. plain and simple.

More complicated, people started liking this locks but can not wait long enough for it to grow so they make artifitial dreadlocks hairstyles and so it became a fashion.

One should not forget that Dread-Locks originated from God the first Dread

JAH
RAS TAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I