Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4822&start_row=41

ganga operations

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/16/2012 9:23:07 AM

Herbs for everyone!
Be it young or old, rich or poor, great or small, free or slave!

To say school children should not smoke marijuana, is like saying the little children should not come close to Christ, but should stay far. Which is very wrong, seen?

Let the young and the youths smoke it, for as such are those of the kingdom of Rastafari.

Seen?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/16/2012 9:27:58 AM

Please, I beg the adults!

Don't teach the youths folly nor wrong,
but teach them good!

It's good for a school boy to smoke ganjah!
It's good academically!

Bless..

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/16/2012 9:53:01 AM

No disprespect Ras Kanjas, but I've seen what happens when little school youths get mixed up with this new kind of ganja.

If it was more traditional herbs then I'd not be so worried, but overstand that here in England, all the youths know is indoor grown, super strong skunk weed that just clouds up the head. The situation is similar in America I think. They call it by all sorts of different names and varieties as Jhamn said, but it is all out of balance. As I mentioned, it has not even had the blessing of the sun most of the time. It clouds up the youths heads and makes them lazy and unbalanced. I know because I used to smoke it Iself. It was all I knew so I never questioned it.

It wasn't until I stopped smoking such herbs and switched to natural ganja that the difference really dawned on I. This skunk thing is pure babylon, trust I. It has been designed only to be grown for profit with no respect for the peoples health and wellbeing. I give thanks for the wakeup, because I've met plenty of people who've been burning skunk for years and its wrecked their minds. Obviously they never knew how to handle the herb in the first place, but I know from experience that holding a meditation on skunk is like balancing on a cheesewire tightrope and if you fall off then its not hard to lead the mind into the depths of madness.

As for whether youths should smoke ganja and whether it is useful for the intellect, I actually agree with the I, but only if it is used right and with dicipline. I know Iself that I didn't have that dicipline when I was younger and smoking skunk. But now I am a bit older and wiser, I know how to use it to unlock I intellect and when I sit down to study, I like to burn a little bit. But I always say to youths who approach I about ganja that it is not a toy to be played with. Using it as such didn't do I any good in I studies when I was younger and in fact I know I could have done much better in I earlier schooling if I hadn't been burning herbs and had learned to unlock I mind without it.

Blessed love

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 8/16/2012 10:49:21 AM

yh you got to watch out for Babylon weed. Messes with the brain don't do anything to i spirituality i find. and the lights that they are grown under .. Radiation and poison comes off from them energy saving light bulbs think Mercury. Be careful stick to the herb with seed. Bless

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 8/16/2012 12:43:39 PM

i happen to be wise smoking increases i motivation. cant explain the science behind it sorry. it is like a light in the beginning of night

Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 8/16/2012 12:46:02 PM

when you say selassie i teach to make the most of i education does he respect babylon education? i see it just as have to do my work so i can get a job or try to put my head into it and get involved but does selassie really respect dis? i dont know his exact words. i would much value an education given by a wise old rasta teacher no matter what he had to say.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/16/2012 1:09:31 PM

His Majesty teaches I and I to study everything but only to follow the Righteous. Whether or not it is babylon running the school and setting the curriculum, the I can still learn, especially if the I is aware of the tricks they will try and pull.
I am studying at university level at the moment, and I had all the same misgivings as the I about trodding into an institution of babylon to gain knowledge, but it is not where I and I are that defines who I and I are, so they can't stop I from seeking whatever kind of knowledge I want to seek while I'm there. When I see them bringing forward foolishness in the lectures I challenge it. And when its so foolish I don't even want to check for it, I don't check for it, I just go and get on with I own studying and leave babylon to their illusions.
I don't know what the school system is like where the I is, but I've been through the British state school system. Whatever tribulations and pains and foolishness I went through in that system (and they were many), I came out of it with what knowledge I saw as Right. It was actually in a history classroom when I was 11 that I first learned who Haile Selassie I is, and without that little piece of knowledge of how this little Ethipoian man stood up in front of the world and warned them of the times to come in 1936, I wouldn't have known where to turn later when I was in deep confusion. That little nugget of information was there among a whole tide of rubbish about dates of battles and wicked people coming to power and how Britain did this and Britain did that and everything was happy and shiny and glorious.
I and I do have to search through all the muck to find what I and I are seeking, but don't be discouraged, because education is essential and knowledge is its own reward.

Blessed love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/16/2012 1:43:24 PM

Young children smokin ganja in de name of rastafari? Mi wonder if it is de right thing according to de Iyahbinghi order? I'v seen a rasta passin de kuchie to a young kid n I man not sure if its irie. What I normally see during binghi gatherings is dat young children are ussully not given ganja. Sofar ones I asked about dis issue gave deir personal opinions. Can somebody giv I n I de right explaination according to de teachings of rasta elders (nyahbinghi order). Just wish dere was a binghi elder reasoning in dis forum to explain issues like dis one. Everybody seems to be havin hes/her own version of rastafari. Blessed love.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 8/16/2012 1:58:30 PM

Maybe I should clarify what I've been meaning when I say youths, because I think there has been a bit of a confusion there. I don't mean children under 10 or 11 or even maybe 13. When I say that, I mean older children leading up to young adults, because I consider Iself a 'youth' still even though I'm 21. I would never say it is responsible of I and I to give a child ganja to smoke. A little tea for medicine, Yes I. But not smoking.

Youths smoke it whether or not their parents give it to them, and even then I would advise them to be careful with it. Like I said, I tell them straight that its not a toy to be played with.
I have never met a Ras, let alone an Elder Ras who gives their young children ganja to smoke, and if I did, I think I would have to check them unless I was fully aware that it was a one off experience to maybe prepare the child for RastafarI Livity.

When I get the chance, I will Reason this one with I and I local Binghi Elder. I'm very sure he doesn't give his young children and grandchildren ganja at least, but it will be interesting to hear his perspective and I'll bring it forwards.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2012 2:34:43 PM

-------------------
Just wish dere was a binghi elder reasoning in dis forum to explain issues like dis one. Everybody seems to be havin hes/her own version of rastafari.
-------------------

Even if the I spoke to Elders, the I would get different opinions.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I