Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=481&start_row=1

What is the role of the female in TODAY!

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/10/2004 11:26:48 AM

What specifically should InI sistren NOT do. The shitstem has created an environment that has reduced us to stepping out of our roles.

Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 11/10/2004 1:18:56 PM

I think every sis' should now it for herself.
We are all(no matter if sistren or bredren) free to do our own decisions.
It is JAH will!

blessings

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 11/10/2004 3:31:41 PM

Ightes Sista!

The Dawtas of Zion, of Quedamawi Haile I Selassie I must know themselves. That is all I can say. Ask yourselve and ask JAH and see what way the I should go. It is clear, and not needed to be repeated I think, that the role of the women in the west is confusing themselves... what they call emancipation odes help nobody. JAH has created man to be like man and women to be like women. Equally worth... but with different ablities and works to do, imo.

Selah

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/10/2004 3:38:24 PM

What you are already doing and what you have always done is the role of female today, if you are a female. That is the role that a female plays, or lives. Just love, don't question yourself, just keep on living up and Jah will always raise your guidance to higher and higher levels. Not that you are at a low level now, but you will reach higher and higher.
There isn't really any teaching someone can repeat to you to say what is your role, because we are all at different places in life. But trust me, you are doing it right already!

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 11/10/2004 9:56:08 PM

Be your sistren's keeper! ... Such a deep meditation there

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/11/2004 1:32:40 AM

Live by the example of Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

The words of Haile Selassie I about Education of women.

Education of Woman

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

With regards to the boys, We are satisfied with the progress made. Our hope in this circumstance is partially fulfilled; but the prospect of Our female children is frightening. It is as if they die early and leave their parents childless; for as soon as they show some promise in their education, they are, either by their parents or of their own accord, married.

The money We spend on the girls' schools seems to be wasted because they leave before receiving enough knowledge. If this state of affairs continues, how can We reach the goal of public education for which We have planned and are planning?

Today, the women of the world are not content only to live as housewives. In most countries they are striving harder and harder for higher education so that they may participate in the civic duties of their community and nation. In time of war, women like men, have served their country and some of them have fought side by side with the men against the enemy.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/12/2004 10:17:50 AM

Am I my sistren's keeper? YES I AM!

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 11/12/2004 1:37:44 PM

YES I!! For too long wombmen have not supported one another and that is one way InI are lead into the mess with jealousy and contention. So it is very important to BE YOUR SISTREN'S KEEPER!

As well... be your bredren's keeper!

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 11/15/2004 10:58:35 AM

Blessed Love JAH Rasta Far I Haile I Selassie I

Love bredrens and sistrens....that is the only requirement in all that INI do, say and site.

INI not living in slavery anyway as black white male female old young big or small this nationa that nation.....

KNOW YOURSELF...

Rasta livity is freedom of upmost i-vinity through i-ghteousness and purity.....

Rasta not into no "ROLES"...no acting no box no standardization of this or that.......BE HERE NOW.......BE the perfection of the I-rator.

LOVE MERCY COMPASSION.....it is not a male/female thing it is a REAL ness of ini heritage.,,,idren of the the I-rator king of king lord of lords conquering lion of the tribe of judah. RASTA FAR I

simply put........be JAH

One love one aim one destiny

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/15/2004 11:23:59 AM

much RASpeckt to Idren for comments concerning I question

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I