Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4797&start_row=11

The scorpion and the Sage

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 63
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/8/2012 4:22:53 AM

even Jesus taught about giving to the needy..........
...needy in the sense that they should be in need of help, seen?

We don't just give help, but we consider if they are in need of our help...in this case, the old man didn't consider if the scorpion was in need of his help,
That's why he was stung.

Seen?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/8/2012 4:42:55 AM

actually, i think before one gives help to somebody or something, one must first communicate with them lest one regrets giving help after one helps, seen?
Why should you help and regret doing so later on? Better you help not, seen?

The old man should have communicated with the scorpion rather than assuming that it needed his help, seen?

The fact that he couldn't talk with the scorpion proves that he couldn't rescue the scorpion, seen?

Or if he really wanted to rescue the scorpion, then he should have covered his hand with something like a plastic sheet to prevent the stings from piercing his skin, and then forcibly hold it and throw it on the dry land, seen?

Bless..

Messenger: DURU Sent: 8/8/2012 10:04:41 AM

Blessed to all.

Greetings ,ras kanjas and ark I , I just replied dat d story is not to be grasp LITERALLY, d very message of d story is d ATTITUDE towards creation, not just a 'scorpion'.
To elaborate it its d attitude not d action of d story , scorpion was just an example , if this sage helped d scorpion with risk ,

do d I really expect dat this sage won't help d needy?
What's d reason this sage helped d scorpion? its because this sage is not separated with d scorpion.
If it was a man on dat moment who needed help then this sage helped d man obviously.
To make d I dem more clear about d story , just as africa need to be united , for in this very moment of time, so as InI as a sage must unite and build up africa with no hesitation.
This saving is not meant for d scorpion ONLY BUT TOWARDS CREATION.

Ras kanjas, I don't need any example of jesus for proof,in a sense of "because him did so iman haffi do it too" ,may d I be humble to jesus ,if d I find salvation to jesus ,for d I always use jesus as an example,its ok , but just like I said I man no follower of no jesus person but christ livity.

Again such as ,H.I.M, buddha,krishna, Heru, etc.....
But if d I meant dat jesus as christ livity not as an historical person ,then I agree

d reason d sage used no cover in his hands ! Its because its a story and d purpose of d story Is its message, to overstand d message, its not important if d story is historical event or a myth.

D story is a tool for overstanding , this is d reason dat ancient mythologies or legends are not to be seen as a historical or factual happening because its very purpose is to overstand d very message.

Word,sound and power.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/8/2012 10:19:13 AM

I wasn't taking the story literally. That is why I chose the words I chose for I response.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/8/2012 10:37:52 AM

Why would should anyone ever regret giving help to another? Jah teaches us we must love our enemies. When our enemy stings us with sharp words we must not just stand by and let him drown. The story is just a parable to describe how we must treat everyone even the ones that seek to harm us. Our gifts are not here on earth but with Jah in heaven. When we help another we must expect nothing in return here on earth, not even a thank you.

If the I is doing good works for Jah, Jah is the one that will reward the I.

Tell InI this. If the I own child were to hit the I and scream bad things at the I while the I was trying to save him from drowning would the I let the child drown?

Messenger: DURU Sent: 8/8/2012 10:54:49 AM

Blessed to all.

Greetings ark I , d I said.

" Ras Kanjas, I agree with the I on that. It would have been
more fruitful for him to spend his efforts elsewhere. It is
better to plant seed on fruitful ground".

But y is it 'beter' to plant on fruitful ground?,
but d message of d story is d same, its d unity with creation through righteous deeds.

Its not about d story but d message of it.

Ark I , from wat d I said above, seems for I , d I did grasp d story literally,

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/8/2012 12:29:06 PM

Duru when I read this story, it reminded me that Jesus came to save, even though he knew the nature of man was sin, that man was against him, would try to destroy him and eventually would kill him. that is man's nature--sinful. Yet, it is Jesus' nature to save. That was his mission and he would not be turned from that mission.

I enjoyed this story very much. Again, thank you for posting it. One love...

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/8/2012 1:00:53 PM

DURU,

Why do you classify Haile Selassie-I with other people like Buddha?

Brethren, it's disrespectful to liken King Selassie-I to other people like you do, seen?
Because Haile Selassie-I is God, and God is not to be classified amongst heathens, seen?
God is in His own divine class, far above the heathens, seen?

Who is Buddha?

There is no Buddha, nor Mohamed, nor Islam nor whatever,
It's only King Selassie-I who is the way unto Zion, seen?

Who is like Haile Selassie?
There is no other!

Seen?

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/8/2012 1:20:55 PM

Zoe:

Wow! I never thought of it that way. You are absolutely right, the I would do the best possible to save the child.

Always enjoy your reasoning.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 8/8/2012 3:55:20 PM

Blessed to all.

Greetings, ras kanjas,
Because d message of buddha,or H.I.M. And all other gurus, are all d same only differs on context or words, simply because ppl have different experience and overstanding of life. D varieties are infinite for JAH is Infinite ,creation is infinite but 1 life 1 JAH and love is d law.

I can't point out who or what is JAH ,how can a mind point out which mind itself can't grasp. Only way of knowing JAH is by unity ,by d law of love towards all ,knowing by heart not with d mind.
D mind functions by separating ,analyzing,breaking of d whole into pieces then study d pieces and break it off hence to separate, just like d modern science,just like saying JAH is this or that, is simply disrespectful,for its giving a defenition or limitation to infinity,as an object.
Its like saying red is d only color ,with only red there is no beauty ,when only one note then is no music. JAH is one in many appearance, JAH is order,harmony,peace,love,wisdom etc.... All I can say is attributes of JAH not who or what.
Only fact a mind can say is all is JAH ,JAH is all ,for this expresses unity and equality, JAH is I ,I is JAH , meaning no other than JAH ,this I d only I is d heart and mind is an instrument to express ,I n I.
So to say JAH is this or that only ,separate from other ,is from d mind expression not from heart , ignorant of d presence of d heart. Lacking d action of love ,creating desires and pleasure to imitate love,and its fruits is greed and anger , but no matter how stubborn d mind can be,it will one day humble itself to d heart ,heart is eternal and mind temporary , once d mind humbles to d heart ,there is no more me,you,this or that only but JAH.

Life is living and loving ,not by knowing, only thing to know is I n I is JAH in manifestation , if this Is overstood by mind it will humble itself,and will manifest d will of d heart and will function as one with all.

Greetings chica, yes I , give thanks.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 63

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I