Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=479&start_row=1

Chicken

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress1 Sent: 11/10/2004 10:24:29 AM

Greetings In the name of our Imperial majesty,
InI truely believe that the meat slows the I down. InI nah criticize the I dat still eat it but there is more to it than just how it looks on a plate. Alot more. (sorry triple clicked, posted twice)
More Life.
Jah RastaFarI

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/10/2004 11:30:21 AM

There are so many tings vailable to us for nourishment. If I lisn to I body, I gravitate away from flesh.

Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 11/10/2004 1:20:34 PM

It is the choice for every I.
But I for my self do nuh want eat meat ever again...

blessings

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 11/10/2004 3:32:57 PM

How it was in the beginning so it must be for I n I!

Selah

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/10/2004 3:35:08 PM

Me too, I expect never to eat animal flesh again. The thing is that we don't need to kill anything to live. Jah creation is too perfect for death to be necessary for life.
It is hard to quit though. I consider myslef like an addict to animal flesh, because it does still seem nice to me. But I need to reprogramme my mind to see it for what it represent, death supporting life, which is wrong. That makes it easy to avoid.
And I notice too that when you eat only vegetables for a while that your sense of smell and taste get sharper and animal flesh smells rank.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/11/2004 1:29:21 AM

I would never eat flesh again.

I never liked flesh and I mother told I that when I was a baby, I would get a rash on I face if she fed I flesh or eggs. She also said that I never liked flesh and I would always pick at it. I remember in high school, I friends thought I was crazy when I ate chicken wings because I threw away the best part. I would get the hottest spice sauce that they had for the wings, and I would eat the sauce and a little bit of the skin and flesh, but I didn't eat most of the flesh.

So for I it was easy to stop eating flesh because I never liked it. So when I stopped, I never felt any desire for it again, not even once. What Gideon said about the sense of smell increasing afterwards is true. I am so sensitive to the smell that I can't really deal with it being around I anymore.

But I don't see anything wrong with people who eat flesh and who like to eat it. Many animals eat flesh and would die if they didn't eat because they wouldn't get certain nutrients that they can only find in flesh. So Jah created it as food for some animals and a choice of food for other animals and also to humans. Flesh is for those that it is for, and it is not for others. The only thing that I think that all flesh eaters should do is kill an animal, prepare it and eat it. This way they have a true Iverstanding of what they are eating, and I feel that they will eat less and stop abusing their consumption of flesh. When the flesh is just a package on a shelf, it is easy to separate your mind from what it is and people abuse this by eating too much.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/2/2004 4:54:47 PM

Very hard in I case. So I try only to eat chicken, not beef or pork. my family lIfe is very much surrounded by meat but after I take up my own living I shall not eat meat but only occasion(chicken only). For I truly think It tIs not good for I. My family is really awkward to think that I wouldnt eat flesh for anything but a diet which I dont need for I am pretty thin.

Ras ElI

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 12/3/2004 12:06:04 PM

Da proof is in the manefestation in dat I don't eat flesh, nor bleached flour products and I thick and healthy. RasEli, how soon you take up own living? You have empress already? This royal I try a teach nutrition and wait for emporer to share healthy lifestyle with.

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/3/2004 1:34:03 PM

I a but only 16, I have no Empress but I seek wisdom, truth and positive livity daily.I know many of you are older than me so help I youth to florish.

If you would like to contact I, I shall give you my Information.
I-mail: nappyhead69@hotmail.com
AIM: Dr34d10ck3d

Ras ElI

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/15/2004 9:08:16 PM

Blessings,

I agree with Gideon and Arc I. I still eat sometimes meat as I am struggling to quit. I am on my right path to vegetarian. I still drink milk and eat cheese, moderately.

It is not needed to live and is healthier not to eat all the above including fish.

I understand there is some scripture/belief that all animals were once vegetarian as well? Maybe this was another post here previously?

Jah RastafarI

Bergy

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I