Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4784&start_row=1

Dating

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: LoveVictory Sent: 7/30/2012 11:06:42 PM

Grace Love and Peace to all of InI brethren. May the love and perfect peace of Jah surround you and your families.

Is there standards that a Rastaman must live by as it pertains to dating, courting, and marriage? This is something that InI have thought on for MONTHS and have not had my questions answered. InI am grateful to now be among like-minded company.

much love.

Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/31/2012 1:17:51 AM

Greetings love and respect.

Depending on the I beliefs the Ible has the rules for marriage as well as Iverything else in life.

If the I wants some scripture and elaboration InI would be more than glad to help. Just hail me up.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/31/2012 2:41:07 AM

Greetings. Basic Dating n marriage standards to follow as a rasta: Man is expected to have one partner ( wife or husband). Also, No intimate relationship with whites. Which means if u black u need a to marry a black man. A black kingman fo a black queen n a black queen fo a black kingman. Also no oral sex. No same sex dating (no homosexuality). Blessed love.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/31/2012 5:25:06 AM

It depends upon the I. If the I follow scripture then the things Black heart say is not valid. But it is a personal choice. Rasta is a broad term and no one can really claim to be "True Rasta" because Rasta is about diversity and livity under one Jah.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/31/2012 1:22:25 PM

Love it when Black heart puts a fire upon oral sex...hahaha!
More fire brethren!

With regard to marriage, I think a Rastaman should pray for a perfect wife!
Perfect in the sense that she must be a virgin, educated(literate and numerate) and beautiful, seen?
Other standards to live by are that she must be single before you meet, preferably young, and submissive or loyal!

And of course as we can see from King Selassie-I, a Rastaman must date women of the same race.................notice that both Selassie-I and Menen-I were black!

Bless..

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/31/2012 1:40:38 PM

is the race thing really that important,

"notice that both Selassie-I and Menen-I were black!"

You aint going to see much white people in ethiopia in that time.

you see black rastas dating white women though..

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/31/2012 1:57:25 PM

So you mean He married Menen-I because He couldn't find a white woman to marry?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/31/2012 4:50:12 PM

Bro Supersmile, race is important. When I man seh no intimate relationship with whites I didn't just make dat up but dat is de Iyabinghi order. So if u accept rasta then u haffe atleast try not to oppose black ipremacy. Black pride is to help preserve our black race. A black person can't seh him proud to be black if him date a person of other races instead of black. Bro Kanjas is right when him seh u affe date a person of your race. Be proud of your race. If u proud of your race then u shall seek a partner of your race to have offsprings of yo race. Blacks who marry whites are just careless Ithopians so dem should not be used as an examplary excuse to lead I n I black people astray. One black solidarity.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/31/2012 7:34:28 PM

Don't take this as I cutting the I Ras Kanjas, but Empress Menen have two children and two husbands before She married Haile Selassie I, and I am not saying that is something I and I should seek in a wombman, but I and I as Rasta men can't dismiss a true Empress just through the circumstances of Her life.

At the same time I feel that any coupling must be a balance, so each wombman's qualities have to reflect and complement the man, and not everyone is the same so some Rastaman might go for different qualities in a wombman to balance Himself. Like I personally wouldn't like a wombman who just submits to I and never questions. If I'm going to be with an Empress I and I need a mutual Raspect where I and I can uplift One another. If I Empress thinks I'm walking down a wrong road, I want Her to tell I and Reason with I, even if its not what I want to hear.

I personally though don't have an Empress right now and because I hold Rastafari orders, I don't go for the babylonian girls. Definately there are people out there in numbers who call themselves Rastafari but use the image to go and pick up white girls. I realised a long time ago that temptation was there, but because I stayed away from it, the problem stayed away from I because all the babylonian girls saw I wasn't interested in them and started saying I was wierd and mad and stayed away from I. It's a lonely trod, but Jah is still there and I'm young still so I have faith that the right Empress will come along for I.

Definately though I and I as Rasta men should hold good standards when it comes to wombmen. I and I should never beat or hit a wombman and never verbally or emotionally abuse them. Like One and Ones have said already I and I don't bow to the freaky sex acts that pass as normal in babylon.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/1/2012 3:29:36 AM

Yes-I brethren,
I heard Menen-I had children from two previous marriages besides with Selassie-I!

So that means King Selassie-I was not given a virgin, but His wife was good..........
...good in the sense that She was both educated and beautiful, seen?

But perfect wives are there...like Sarah, Abraham's wife, seen?
Pray for the best, and Jah will grant you according to your heart's desire!
I am the living proof that trust in Jah, patience and endurance really pay..........
...I had to pray and wait for a long time before God answered my sincere prayers!

Bless..

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I