Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4780&start_row=11

Can Rasta trim facial hair or locks?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/1/2012 1:55:25 PM

First love and respect unto the I forever Ras Kanjas

InI just hasn't come to terms to sight Selassie I as Jah incarnate. InI does though agree that H.I.M was indeed a great vessel which Jah spoke and did great works. InI is just not sure H.I.M was "perfect" like Yesuah.

InI is always open to new knowledge and reasoning though! Just know InI is very meticulous and is not easily convinced lol. Jah will guide us though still.

Bless up the I

Love one.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/1/2012 2:12:38 PM

SOERASTA02,

Why do you call yourself Rasta if you don't sight Selassie I as God?

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/1/2012 2:49:40 PM

Does the I mean by InI screen name? InI created the name about 6-7 years ago when InI was about 13 or 14 and knew little about Rasta. It means Seeker Of Enlightenment in Rasta. Kind of a play on words to say that InI seeks knowledge from others.

Messenger: VictimofAggression Sent: 8/6/2012 1:50:36 PM

Is anyone on this site a practicing Ras. Meaning you practice the TRADITION AS IT WAS PASSED DOWN UNTIL THE TRADITION REACHED FASHIONIARIANS

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/6/2012 6:17:21 PM

What does the I mean exactly?

Messenger: warrior sphinx Sent: 8/9/2012 1:06:08 PM

RAS TAFARI CANNOT BE CHANGED. RAS TAFARI IS H.I.M. HAILE SELASSIE 1. THERE IS NO CHANGING H.I.M. CULTURES CAN CHANGE. PRINCIPLES DO NOT . H.I.M.HAD NO NATTY BONGOS NOR DID HE TAKE ON THE NAZARITE VOW, H.I.M DID NOT SPEAK ON WHAT TO WEAR OR EAT OR DRINK. H.I.M. TAUGHT THROUGH HIS WORKS AND WORDS HOW TO LIVE A CHRIST LIKE LIFE.HOW TO BECOME ONE WITH THE CREATOR,WITH GOD, WITH H.I.M.to know the creator in self is to see H.I.M.

Messenger: warrior sphinx Sent: 8/9/2012 1:33:00 PM

Greetings,
to the one Soerasta,
in order to build this reasoning iya so as to gain overstanding of what the i is sayin...what is perfect?
what in yeshua was perfect and what in H.I.M is not from your perspective?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/9/2012 3:26:06 PM

So what are u implying? Food? HIM no locks?

Messenger: warrior sphinx Sent: 8/27/2012 7:54:00 PM

no implication dreadlocks, simple facts. when one heights on Rastafari as a movement it becomes clear that there is Rastafari culture and there are Ras Tafari principles. when one is one the path to knowing self and fulljoying destiny using H.I.M. as the guide to enlightenment it is those lessons which he taught that would determine ones functionality. the other side of Rastafari is the culture which is rooted in more than one tradition. judeo-christian philosophy,jewish culture, garveyism etc. if u had to weigh them on a scale which do u think is more powerful. there are reasons for everything. H.I.M. never delivered a speech on diet, relationships, lifestyles etc these daily aspects of life he never trifled with ; there are much more relevant issues to the fulfillment of H.I.M. Imperial mandate which we as ones who call ourselves by HIS name are subjected to. unity

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/28/2012 9:04:15 AM

Greetings I,Eleazar the I agree with the I,how can one seh him Rasta when him dont give much honour,respect 2 the King,can one be a Christian without believing in Christ or a Buddha dishonouring Buddha,noway.As 4 trimming,biblically priests were not allowed to shave their heads or the corners of the head(beard)secondly trimming z not natural,I man remember Bongo Watu saying "the mark of the beast is when dem shave the corners of their heads"fyah burn scissors and comb!!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I