Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4780&start_row=1

Can Rasta trim facial hair or locks?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Stevie S Sent: 7/29/2012 1:08:17 AM

Blessed

I know as a Rasta that InI cannot cut off I locks or facial hair, but what bout trim?

Thanks
JAH Rastafari

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/29/2012 5:15:58 AM

If they have taken the nazarite vow then no. The nazarite vow says that a comb nor a razor shall touch your hair.

If they just have dreads because they have dreads then they are free to do as they please. Rasta is not a religion with specific rules. There are no requirements but to love and follow Jah word.

Messenger: Stevie S Sent: 7/31/2012 3:13:23 AM

Thank you for the clarity. Jah Bless

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/31/2012 4:22:07 AM

Bro Stivie. Rasta is a natural man so rasta don't trim no hair (wheather on head, face or any part of your body). Just let it grow naturaly without an cuting n combing. But then if de I is facing babylon pressure of employment I personal view on dat then is u might have to trim n comb up until u get yourself a form of employment dat suits rasta livity. Food, clothes n shelter is a nececity to all before anything. Yes I.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/31/2012 5:07:23 AM

Black heart is correct about di first part but InI wouldn't cut InI locks to conform to Babylon because InI know Jah will guide InI aslong as InI live in Faith.

But ultimately it is up to the I

Jah first then the rest will follow.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/31/2012 11:44:25 AM

Yes I, True dat my king I n I don't have to conform to babylon but sometimes de pressure may be too much to handle especialy fo a rising rasta. Maybe as rising rasta de I need to gi himself enough iwa to gain mo irits to stand against babylon pressure. Babylon can still take advantave of de fact dat u can't feed yourself as a rasta. When it comes to employment, he who feels it knows it. I man is a victim of dis. Blessed love.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/31/2012 10:21:13 PM

InI can overstand the struggle as a young Rasta I fell into Babylon trap as well InI joined Babylon military to gain material things...InI is getting out because Ultimate goal is to feed the Iself and InI family as a man of Jah the way Jah.make it to be...InI is going to escape Babylon and no longer depend on Babylon system..Trust Jah no bother cut or trim the I dreads because the dread is the strength..Neva cut strength for anything because the dread is part of the I Identity. Ya loose ya Identity and ya loose yaself.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 8/1/2012 1:24:45 AM

Wise words, SOERASTA02.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/1/2012 2:45:21 AM

Thanks unto The I bredda Burningbush!! I cannot accept the kind words alone but InI pass them to Father Jah from whom the Isdom comes. InI am merely a vessel thru whom HE can speak.

Ises unto THE MOST HIGH JAH!!

Love unto The I Idren.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/1/2012 1:32:43 PM

So you understand that you are a vessel through which God can speak,
but you fail to understand that Selassie-I was a great vessel through which Jah performed His works?

Come on brethren!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I