Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4776&start_row=71

How black is black?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 12:52:45 PM

In todays day and age or atleast in the US it isn't such a LARGE issue but imagine a very poor man admires the I and he saves up all of his money to prepare a meal for the I and the I then rejects it. Imagine how this man would feel? Imagine how angry he might be with Jah and the I? Then the I would have to explain his food is unclean...

Jah is trying to say yes observe food law but observe the law that is above all that is love thy neighbor.

This didn't become a "problem" until Yesuah unite Jew and Gentile because before Jews couldn't even go into a Gentiles house.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/7/2012 2:35:42 PM

Bro Soerasta02. I man do appreciate dat de I knows de bible n I raspect de I fo dat. However I man don't care what de bible seh about de eating of flesh, I just don't nyam neither flesh nor any animal product. I don't care who invites mi fo any dinner I just don't take no flesh. I'v been in some people's homes where I would spend de whole night without eating any of their food. I'm used to refusing food given to I by other people. I don't care what a person's culture or religion seh, I just don't take food I don't eat. It is my right to follow my diet without any intereference by any person using any religion, culture or bible tryin to either force or trick I into de eating of flesh. Differen't people may have inpired I n many n I giv raspect to names like Selassie, Garvey, Luther, Malcom, Biko, Mandela, Nkruma, Sobukwe, Lumumba, Jesus n many other names, but dat doesn't mean I try to follow everything dem lived. Dem may have been eating flesh but I don't. Mi not eating flesh has got nothing to do with dem so when somebody tell I dat any or all of dem ate flesh it doesn't have no effect to I. Raspect to all animals.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 3:24:58 PM

Pure love and respects Idren black heart

InI respect the I view point. The I is very intelligent and InI know somethin inside the I the way the I reason with very much love and respects.

InI is not trying to get anyone to eat things they don't like it think hurt them livity. These commandments are just for people who hail up the Ible as Jah word and sight Yeshua as them savior. Ible teach ones to submit of themselves to glorify Jah and please Yeshua. Anyways InI is not trying to convert lol the I knows where to find InI if the I wish to accept Yeshua in the heart.

The I is a mystic right? InI has an Idren that is a maroon and him sight the same things as the I.

InI Love the I

One.

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/7/2012 3:43:22 PM

SOERASTA02,
Where did you get that Nazarite can eat meat? All your quotes come from Paul or followers of Paul. The writer of Luke and Acts was a follower of Paul. Paul is the root cause of Christianity not upholding the teachings of Christ. He's like a polytrickster, telling one thing to one group and then saying the opposite to another. He paganized Christianity, so to was much of the bible paganized by the Council of Nicea inorder to please Constatine. Many scriptures were kept out of the bible about animal cruelty to appease Constatine. Look into the Gospel of the Holy Twelve also known as Gospel of the Nazarenes: http://www.thenazareneway.com/ght_table_of_contents.htm

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’"

Paul disregards the law saying that "Everything is lawful".

"And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’" Yeshua also says in Mathew that he did not come to change the law but to fulfill it!

Bless

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/7/2012 3:46:31 PM

Yeshua was an Essene, a Nazarean:

There were anciently two branches of Essenes - the Nazareans and the Ossaeans. Each of these two Essene branches had a deeper monastic level. The monastic level of the northern Nazarean was known as the B'nai-Amen or "Children of Amen." The Nazarean B'nai-Amen were, and are, a coed Monastic Order.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ancient historian Josephus tells us that there were 3 sects of Judaism at the time of Christ:

"For there are three philosophical sects among the Jews. The followers of the first of whom are the Pharisees; of the second the Sadducees, and the third sect, who pretends to a severer discipline, are called Essenes." (Wars of the Jews by Josephus)
Josephus further elaborates on this third Essene Philosophy by saying that it is divided into two separate Orders:

"Moreover, there is another Order of Essenes (Nazarean?) who agree with the rest as to their way of living and customs and laws but differ from them in the point of marriage." (Wars of the Jews by Josephus)
The ancient Christian historian Epiphanius, in his Panarion, speaks in more detail of the Jewish sects, saying that there are seven in all:

Sadducees, Scribes, Pharisees, Hemerobaptists, Ossaeans, Nazarean and Herodians." (Panarion 1:19)
Epiphanius links the Hemerobaptists with the Scribes and Pharisees and the Ossaeans (Essenes) with the Nazarean. From this information we may deduce that the two Essene branches, spoken of by Josephus, were the Ossaeans and Nazarean. The Ossaeans encouraging celibacy and the Nazareans encouraging marriage. The Nazarean are the northern branch of Essenes based on Mount Carmel (with a smaller Temple in the Essene Quarter of Jerusalem). As mentioned earlier, it was to this northern Essene group that the promises were made:

"He (Messiah) shall be called a Nasorean." (Matthew 2:23)
Epiphanius goes on to say:

"The Nazarean - they were jews by nationality - originally from Gileaditis (where the early followers of Yeshua fled after the martyrdom of James the Lord's brother), Bashanitis and the Transjordon . . .They acknowledged Moses and believed that he had received laws - not this law, however, but some other. And so, they were jews who kept all the Jewish observances, but they would not offer sacrifice or eat meat. They considered it unlawful to eat meat or make sacrifices with it. They claim that these Books are fictions, and that none of these customs were instituted by the fathers. This was the difference between the Nazarean and the others. . . (Panarion 1:18)
After this (Nazarean) sect in turn comes another closely connected with them, called the Ossaeanes. These are jews like the former . . . originally came from Nabataea, Ituraea (Damascus, where the Teacher of Righteousness took those spoken of in the Damascus Covenant), Moabitis and Arielis, the lands beyond the basin of what sacred scripture called the Salt Sea. . . Though it is different from the other six of these seven sects, it causes schism only by forbidding the books of Moses like the Nazarean. (Panarion 1:19)
The Ossaeans seem to have produced at least one prophetic figure accepted by both the Ossaeans and the Nazarean. This was Elxai who may have given his name to the ancient Elkasite sect. Epiphanius is our source on this Ossaean prophet named Elxai, who is said to have insisted on matrimony and introduced into their oaths and worship the substances of salt, water, earth, bread, heaven, aether and wind; with 7 witnesses: sky, water, holy spirits, angels of prayer, the olive, salt and earth. "(Similar substances play a strong role in the Essene Gospel of Peace and in the Rba Ginza, the book of rituals used by the modern Nazarean / Mandeaen sect of southern Iran who claim to be direct descendants of John the Baptist and the Nazareans.)

"The man called Elxai joined them later, in the reign of the emperor Trajan, after the Savior's incarnation . . . He wrote a book by prophecy. . . By designating Salt, Water, Earth, Bread, Heaven Aether, and Wind as objects for them to swear by in worship. But again he designates seven other witnesses. . . Sky, Water, Holy Spirits, Angels of Prayer, the Olive, Salt and the Earth. He has no use for celibacy, detests continence and insists on matrimony. . . he confesses Christ by name . . He bans burnt offerings and sacrifices, as something foreign to God and never offered to Him on the authority of the fathers and Law . . . he rejects the Jewish custom of eating meat and the rest, and the altar. . . "
Four sects. . . have made use of him (Elxai). Of those that came after him, Ebionites and Nazoraeans. Of those that came before his time and during it, the Osseaens and the Nazarean." (Panarion 1:19)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 3:47:00 PM

From the Nazarite vow in numbers where it comes from.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 3:54:00 PM

If he was this that the I says why did he eat passover and command them to get lamb to cook? Why did he eat fish?

Also when one finishes the vow of the Nazarite he is to sacrifice animals (except for the few that vowed for life)

who is said to have insisted on matrimony and introduced into their oaths and worship the substances of salt, water, earth, bread, heaven, aether and wind; with 7 witnesses: sky, water, holy spirits, angels of prayer, the olive, salt and earth.

One is not supposed to worship anything but Jah. Also the Ible says not to make oaths and make your yes be yes and your no be no. That all sounds like Idol worship..To say all that the I said about burnt offerings ect is to say the whole Ible isn't true and Yeshua wasn't really the savior because he "sinned"

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/7/2012 3:59:56 PM

Bredren,
One more. Jah rewards Daniel for not eating the King's (Host) food: Daniel 1:8-16
8 But Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the king's food, or with the wine that he drank. Therefore he asked the chief of the eunuchs to allow him not to defile himself. 9 And God gave Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the chief of the eunuchs, 10 and the chief of the eunuchs said to Daniel, "I fear my lord the king, who assigned your food and your drink; for why should he see that you were in worse condition than the youths who are of your own age? So you would endanger my head with the king." 11 Then Daniel said to the steward whom the chief of the eunuchs had assigned over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, 12 "Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then let our appearance and the appearance of the youths who eat the king's food be observed by you, and deal with your servants according to what you see." 14 So he listened to them in this matter, and tested them for ten days. 15 At the end of ten days it was seen that they were better in appearance and fatter in flesh than all the youths who ate the king's food. 16 So the steward took away their food and the wine they were to drink, and gave them vegetables.

Selah

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/7/2012 4:06:14 PM

He was the king of Babylon and they were in a pagan temple where the kings meat would have been sacrificed to Idols. This is before Yeshua came and brought Jew and Gentile and everyone together. It still points out we are not to eat food sacrificed to Idols

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/7/2012 4:13:28 PM

I reason that the references to Yeshua eating meat could be false as they were written by Paul and his followers who changed or ignored many of Yeshua's teachings: www.30ce.com

If he did eat meat it could be that there was not an alternative. In the the Gospel of the Holy Twelve Yeshua says not to eat meat unless one has to, and if one has to then do it with as little suffering to the animal as possible.

Much Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I