Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4776&start_row=41

How black is black?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/6/2012 1:54:37 AM

http://JAH-RasTafarI.com/selassie-words/show-jah-word.asp?word_id=bible

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/6/2012 9:17:49 AM

Bro Soerasta. Rasta livity is not christianity. If u promote de cutting of hair then u are promoting babylon practice. Don't distort de cencept of rasta with christianity teachings. Selassie I din't promote no hair cutting so don't use his name in vain. Bless my lord.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/6/2012 9:39:51 AM

Just as people went from judaism to christianity after Yeshua, I and I go to RasTafarI because Haile Selassie I come.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/6/2012 12:20:42 PM

Could the I please elaborate?

Rastafari Makonnen is Haile Selassie I its just another name HIM has.

Rastafari Makonnen was a Christian whom cut his hair and he lived in Christian livity..InI isn't saying the I musnt be Rasta and wear locks..but if the I says it is a Babylon practice then the I is saying that Jah practice Babylon things.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/6/2012 12:30:06 PM

InI is not trying to convert anyone to Christianity or anything . InI is just sharing knowledge and respect. InI has studied Rasta for many years and grew up around a few. The divinity of Haile Selassie I (Rastafari) stems from him being the 2nd coming f Yesuah so the I couldn't skip from Judaism straight to Rastafari and Rastafari was a Christian.

The order is like this for Rasta

Judaism-Christian-Rastafari

Bless

One love

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/6/2012 3:13:47 PM

SOERASTA02,
You asked why Paul say this if he knew Yeshua had long hair? Don't forget that Paul says that he is a Jew to the Jew and a Gentile to the Gentile and that he has become all things to all people (1 Corinthians 9:19-23). Paul never knew Yeshua when he walked the Earth. He was not one of the 12, nor was he amongst the multitude. He wanted to convert everyone to Christianity and he did so by changing Yeshua's teaching inorder to fit the lifestyle/ culture of those he was trying to convert. Paul was a deceiver. He did not teach the words and works of Yeshua, he did not teach about his livity, he taught on Yeshua's crucifiction/ sacrifice, he preached about his death. To counter your post about Yeshua having short hair, why don't you look into the many pages about Yeshua being an Nazarite or about him being an Essene like John the Babtist.

Mark 14:25 Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God." Seems like a Nazarite to me.

Blessed Love

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/6/2012 3:21:13 PM

Soe:

In the pictures I have seen of HIM on this forum and also other places on the internet, HIM always look like his hair is neatly cut.

When I asked whether HIM ever wore dreds, I was told he did so as a boy. I have not seen any pictures of him as a boy, but the ones I hae seen of him as an adult always show him with neatly cropped hair. Just saying...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/6/2012 6:10:51 PM

Yesuah was a Nazarene not a Nazarite at least for a majority of his life. It is very possible that in his last days he took the vow of the Nazarite as the I has quoted.

There is absolutely nothing at all wrong with the vow of the Nazarite and it is a very noble honorable thing for a man or womban to take. Especially seeing that today that one would take this vow for life due to the lack of a temple of Jerusalem to "complete" the vow at. Violation of the covenant no doubt does have its repercussions dealt by Jah (as did with Samson) because the covenant is between The I and Jah.

As far as Yesuah cutting his hair, he did as all Jews did. It was customary for all Jews of the time to have short hair unless they were in mourning in which they grew their hair for a short time measured in days. There are plenty of references to Jews of the time that support this from many different sources. If Yesuah had long hair he would have "stuck out" among other people and been easy to spot. We know from Iblical evidence that he blended in.

Even if Paul just preach a bunch of foolishness as the I says even before this Ezekiel was given a command not to let his hair grow long in the OT.

Nothing wrong with locks Idren. It is the covenant between the I and Jah and is very honorable and holds a great strength. InI don't support bald head neither because taking baldness upon the head is a Babylon pagan practice and the Ible preach against it.

InI thinks the I is taking the word "shame" wrong.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/6/2012 6:42:04 PM

SOERASTA02,

I have never seen a picture of a baldhead Jesus.

What you say about Yeshua cutting His hair is just your theory.

Here are some images of Yeshua from the EOTC:

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/6/2012 6:58:45 PM

You say Yeshua would of stood out if he had long hair, but if he was amongst his disciples, would it not have been possible that they too had long hair and that Yeshua blended in amongst them? Also it is accepted by many that Yeshua was an Essene, which means he spent a lot of time in the wilderness outside of the city, outside the mainstream Jewish standards of living at the time (many of which Yeshua protested against). I would say that he was spotted when he was away from his disciples, as the pharisees often singled him out and questioned him.
Much Love Bredren

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I