Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4776&start_row=21

How black is black?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 5:16:56 PM

Now and days Rasta is plenty of different things for plenty of different people. Atleast when InI first came to this forum several years ago people believed Haile Selassie I was Yesuah reincarnate and that was the bulk of it. Hence the term Jah RastafarI

If the I would like evidence InI will post some for the I. InI is just saying it is not acceptable to Jah to have long hair unless one has taken the Nazarite vow and the whole purpose of the long hair in the Nazarite vow is that the I wears his "shame" upon his head.

How is the search results not credible? There is not ONE source that states Yesuah could have had long hair.

Be right back

Peace and love Idren

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 5:31:12 PM

There is plenty of it out there but this is the most complete reasoning. Also why would the Apostle Paul say this if he knew Yeshua had long hair? There are litterally no accounts of Yeshua having long hair. For images of Yeshua to be created in the first time was wrong much less that they were created after pagan gods.

http://rcg.org/articles/djhlh.html

Also this one.

http://www.learnthebible.org/did-jesus-have-long-hair.html

It is important to distinguish man from wombman so men should not wear their hair like wombmen or dress like womben (same the other way around) ONLY time we can have long hair is when taking the vow of the Nazarite.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/5/2012 5:37:42 PM

SOE,

The source you cited was the Reformed Church of God. Thats a Protestant church xtianity. They just type up anything to support their agenda.

Listen - RASTA is not the same as Xtianity.

Rasta this. Xtian that.

Jah does not consider it a shame for men to have long hair. Only man considers it to be a shame.

Rasta don't believe in no sky god. Jesus is not coming from the sky like the protestants think.

-----------------------
Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!

Preacherman, don't tell me,
Heaven is under the earth.
I know you don't know
What life is really worth.
It's not all that glitters is gold;
'Alf the story has never been told:
So now you see the light, eh!
Stand up for your rights. Come on!

Most people think,
Great God will come from the skies,
Take away everything
And make everybody feel high.
But if you know what life is worth,
You will look for yours on earth:
And now you see the light,
You stand up for your rights. Jah!

Get up, stand up! (Jah, Jah!)
Stand up for your rights! (Oh-hoo!)
Get up, stand up! (Get up, stand up!)
Don't give up the fight! (Life is your right!)
Get up, stand up! (So we can't give up the fight!)
Stand up for your rights! (Lord, Lord!)
Get up, stand up! (Keep on struggling on!)
Don't give up the fight! (Yeah!)

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game -
Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord.
We know when we understand:
Almighty God is a living man.

You can fool some people sometimes,
But you can't fool all the people all the time.
So now we see the light (What you gonna do?),
We gonna stand up for our rights! (Yeah, yeah, yeah!)

So you better:
Get up, stand up! (In the morning! Git it up!)
Stand up for your rights! (Stand up for our rights!)
Get up, stand up!
Don't give up the fight! (Don't give it up, don't give it up!)
Get up, stand up! (Get up, stand up!)
Stand up for your rights! (Get up, stand up!)
Get up, stand up! ( ... )
Don't give up the fight! (Get up, stand up!)
Get up, stand up! ( ... )
Stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up!
-----------------------

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 8/5/2012 5:46:36 PM

Long Hair = Natural. man if everyone in this world just grew their hair I am sure it would help to stop some serious judgement pon people thus we would become closer as a people

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 5:51:20 PM

The Ible is the Ible Idren. One must not discern things purely based upon what the name of the source is. They simply quote scripture and pose evidence. If the I wishes to look in his Ible and read along The I is free to do so.

InI is not a Xtian..InI has never placed a worldly label upon Iself if the I has noticed. InI is merely a follower of Yeshua. InI is an outcast so to speak because InI does not hail up "church" practice nor fully conform to any other worldy entities or groups. InI only seeks the truth in what it means to model I life after Yeshua.

When Jah give Sampson the Nazarite vow as the first Nazarite Jah made it a special note that Sampson was not to cut his locks drink wine ect. He said he shall not cut his hair and it shall be a shame unto him. Paul then reinforce that. Thru more evidence we know Yesuah didn't have long hair.

A man is to look like a man and a woman is to look like a woman. The Ible says it. Just like it says a man is not to dress like a wombman.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 5:59:36 PM

Selassie I was also a Christian and wore short hair

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 6:01:28 PM

Point of long hair in the vow is that the I don't care about society view and the I is setting themselves apart from worldy things for Jah

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 8/5/2012 6:44:52 PM

"InI has never placed a worldly label upon Iself " Yet you call yourself Rasta In your name?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/5/2012 6:44:54 PM

SOE,

I don't know what you're agenda is, but it looks like your trying to push some kinda protestant xtian thing here.

This is a website for RasTafarI people.

I and I wear I and I locks as a covenant unto the Most High, and I and I can easily be distinguished as men by I and I beards.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 7:23:29 PM

InI honestly doesn't know what a "protestant" is and does not wish to push anything.

InI was just saying that the only proper way to have long locks is as the covenant to Jah as the I is doing!!!!

It is a "shame" in that the I probably gets turned down for jobs ect. and stands out among others but the I continues to wear them for Jah.

InI is not saying Jah is against having locks and beard as covenant to him. Jah is against how people wear long hair and shave face and resemble a womban.

InI will soon grow I locks as a covenant for him as well when InI is ready.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I