Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4776&start_row=11

How black is black?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/5/2012 1:03:43 AM

Truedat bro Supersmile. Mi can't realy overstand wha de I talk about by sayin bro Mathew was harshly treated. Concerning de black talk, its not about bein anti-European or bein black supremist like ones seh but its about shining de Garvey light of black upliftment. If black ipremacy is part of rastafari why would a person who accept rasta be intimidated by black upliftment talk. One thing I man have noticed is dat most of de people reasoning here are whites yet dem don't seem to resist n be intimidated by black upliftment talk. So what is it realy dat is harsh treatment to one white brother when most white idrens here are comfortable with black upliftment. A reasoning is to help bring enlightment to ones n ones not to please one anada. Raspect.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 8/5/2012 2:54:04 AM

Bredren, iman do not glorify the bible or even jah, many people throwin round "jah" like its fun to say here in amerikkka. Jah this, jah that. I didn't even kno jah was a word, that's y most tha time I just say Haile Selassie, cause that is how I know jah.

I support black ipremacy, when I called fire it was on the image african americans have of dr. King, not the actual man. The binghi and the lost african americans I think have a very different image of dr. King, tha way I chant fire upon jesus and bible the same way, cause the image of them in the african american concience is distorted.

In order to uplift africans is to first liberate the soul of tha african americans. You kno in amerikkka they never teach us bout Haile Selassie or Mosish in schools, instead they teach bout hitler and mussolini. They teach about king but never about the King, Ra-s TaFar-I, and blacks still go on in mental bondage.

So I fullyy support black ipremacy, whether it be mandela, biko, dube, dawuni, blakk rasta, matafale, garvey, nkrumah, toure, any of them. Even his majesty stood for black ipremacy.

African amerikkkans don't even like to be called africans (in my area) they want to be called black americans. Tell them to learn somethin bout Africa and return to the motherland to build up africa economically and iritually

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 3:28:00 PM

Love respect and greetings unto the I,

Idren burningbush the I said:

tha way I chant fire upon jesus and bible the same way, cause the image of them in the african american concience is distorted.

It is not Yesuah or the Ible fault the image is distorted. The Ible never claims Yesuah was any color. It doesn't really distort anything at all. The Ible actually says in the second commandment that no one should create a likeness or graven image of what is in heaven. So any "image" was the work of man.

Also as an extra fact...Yesuah nor most of the people in the Ible didn't have long hair.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/5/2012 4:09:03 PM

SOE Rasta,

You don't know that Yeshua did not have long hair, that definitely is not a fact.

Show I a picture of a baldhead Yeshua. I challenge you.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/5/2012 4:10:54 PM

Baldhead Jesus by Bunny Wailer:

-------------------------
Praise Him, praise Him.
Praise Him, praise Him.
Praise Him, He's the king of kings.

I have never seen the image of a bald head Jesus yet.
I have never seen the image of a bald head Jesus yet.
He's a humble and dreadlock Nazarene man.
Look in yourselves and try to understand
Why you've never seen the image of a bald head Jesus
Yet.

All ye bald head Jesus followers start to fret.
All ye bald head Jesus followers start to sweat.
He said to follow Him and He will make thee fishers of
Men
But you've just left the barber shop and gone back
Again
And you've never seen the image of a bald head Jesus
Yet.
There is no synagogue that was built by Jesus Christ.
There is no synagogue that was built by Jesus Christ.
He taught on the hill and in the valley
Performing miracles and didn't get no pay.
No synagogue that was built by Jesus Christ.

Give I the older time religion.
Give I the old time religion.
Give I the old time religion.
For it is good enough for I.

If it was good for Moses and Aaron.
If it was good for David and Solomon,
Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.
Then it is good enough for I.

Study Numbers chapter six and tell I what you've seen.
Cause it was written in the bible of the dreadlock
Nazarene.
Now don't you put away the old for the new
Cause if you do Jah will turn his back on you.
It was written in the bible that Christ was a Nazarene.

Every apostle of Christ was a dreadlock bearded man.
Every apostle of Christ was a dreadlock Ethiopian.
This is a message to all church and denomination.
Respect is due to the dreadlock Rasta man.
Cause you've never seen the image of a bald head Jesus
Yet
-------------------------

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 4:19:12 PM

InI didn't say Yesuah was bald the Ible stands against baldheadedness as well as a man having long hair stating that it was shameful for one to have long hair. The only time a man was not to cut his hair was when taking the Nazarite vow. Yesuah was not a Nazarite. The Ible never stated once that Yesuah had long hair. Furthermore the Ible stands against creating likenesses, carvings and statues ect. of things that are in heaven (second commandment) so InI could not give the I a picture of him.

InI believes that there wasn't meant to be any pictures of Yesuah for a good reason.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 4:31:05 PM

Yesuah not having long hair is actually a fact. There is alot of information on this if the I wishes to know more.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/5/2012 4:34:00 PM

SOE,

You have no evidence to prove that, and the Bible doesn't say having long hair is a shame, Paul says that.

SOE, you sound like one of those "christafarians". Rasta is not the same as Christianity and the Bible is not the absolute authority on everything.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 5:04:02 PM

The only times in the Ible a man had long hair was when he took the Nazarite vow hence why Rasta wear dreads. It is meant to be a shame unto him separating himself from worldly things as a vow to Jah.

How can the I say that Rastafari is not the "same" as Christianity (real Christianity) when Rastafari Makonnen a.k.a Haile Selassie I literally is Christ? (under this reasoning)

Furthermore Rastafari Makonnen aka Selassie I even as the Ible says said the Ible is not in error no matter the translation.

Just type in "Jesus long hair" in a search engine and there is a plethora of biblical as well as other accounts that he did not have long hair. The image of Yesuah with long hair did not come out till way later (people didn't depict Yesuah in the earlier days because they were not supposed to as said in the 2nd commandment) Yesuah would have been easily picked out if he did have long hair and Judas would't have to give a special kiss to identify him. This is only one of many reasons why we know he did not have long hair.

Love and respects Idren

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/5/2012 5:06:57 PM

SOE,

Rasta is a reaction against colonialism. It is not the same as Christianity.

And your "evidence" of internet search engine results is not credible at all.

If you're so sure of yourself why don't you post one of your pieces of "evidence".

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 93

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I