Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4775&start_row=11

why jesus allowed eating of fish

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/2/2012 9:24:04 PM

Luke 7 33
For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by all her children.”

Jesus didnt come to make vegetarians, he came to strenghten the weak, heal the sick and bind up the injured...

Jesus came to bring light and love and truth. After people had this they would sooner or later make their lives not dependant of fish and animals and become compassionate on animals and find true health.

Jesus brough the Love to humanity not vegetarianism...Dont make it a ism of seperation....Leave that for the swine.

Jesus brough truth and love....truth and love will bring compassion and that will lead to vegetarinism , for love and compassion cannot kill or cause suffering...

Jah Bless us with much, let us open all the gift including the bible. Life is a gift from Jah, we must unwrap it and use it properly...

Messenger: VictimofAggression Sent: 8/6/2012 1:26:12 PM

Why do people ask such questions about Ras Tafari if you CLAIM you are FOLLOWING His trod? Did MY Father not visit Jamaica in 1966, and did He not meet with REAL RASES?

THE BIBLE IS "BLACK" HISTORY

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/6/2012 10:28:54 PM

Yeshua eat fish and lamb both. Passover meal consisted of Lamb.

Messenger: jah man Sent: 8/17/2012 10:04:05 AM

where in the Bible it say that lamb was eaten at passover?

Messenger: jah man Sent: 8/17/2012 10:12:04 AM

the ALMIGHTY I AM THAT I AM: said if u must eat the flesh; eat the clean flesh; so if you understand that we were suppose to had been vegetarians. i put every herb bearing tree which has a seed in itself for man.. but if u must eat flesh eat the clean flesh.. i eat fish and beef; i hate the beef but i eats it.. and make sure there is no blood in it or fat upon it before it cook and eat it. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT:
to each it's own; for it is not what goes in you that defiles you but what comes out of you that defiles you.

Messenger: jah man Sent: 8/17/2012 10:18:53 AM

the Bible is man's history; color is clothing not people; we are all one flesh; just different shades; one blood different types; forget about the color of a man skin. we bleed one blood! Jesus Christ was my first LORD and SAVIOUR; HE is with the FATHER -- Haile Selassie is the 2nd coming of Jesus the LION of JUDAH; the FATHER said i will not send my son again as a lamb to the slaughter; i will send him dreader than dread; to fight many wars; and slew many. HAILE SELASSIE; the man that sit upon the white horse. in Gen.1; U WILL FIND THE TELLING OF THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST: NOT AS JESUS: BUT AS THE LION OF JUDAH.... BLESSED TO ALL; SELAH..

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/17/2012 2:39:08 PM

jah man,
Exodus 12:3-11 (KJV)
3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.

5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

7 And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.

8 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

9 Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

10 And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire.

11 And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the Lord's passover.

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/17/2012 3:54:46 PM

Eating the lamb at passover is a ritual in rememberance of the exodus. The Hebrews had a long journey ahead of them and so Jah had them eat meat, which sustains ones for a longer duration (as it takes much longer to digest). They were told to stuff themselves, as they were on the run and would not get another chance to eat for sometime. Eating flesh was not a common practise, not like it is in Babylon. Yes there are clean meats to eat, if one must, but it is prefered that ones eat herbs and vegetation.

Some like to quote Paul (Romans 14:2) For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

Where does Jah say to eat UNCLEAN meats? NOWHERE! Yes he had them eat lamb, but it was CLEAN and was killed with the least amount of pain to the animal as was the custom when meat had to be eaten.

Ones should take into account that Paul was trying to convert Romans to his own version of "Christianity". The Romans ate all kinds of UNCLEAN meats. Infact they ate things such as stuffed doormouse, oysters, baby pig, boars head, lobster, ostrich. Romans also ate plates full of peacock tongues and one very complicated meal was stuffing a chicken inside a duck, the duck in a goose, the goose in a pig and the pig in a cow and cooking it all together!

These were the people who Paul was trying to convert to his own religion. I say his own religion because Paul did not teach what Christ taught, Paul never knew Christ while He walked the earth. Paul challenged those that did know Yeshua (read Acts). The result was we now have Paul's Christianity rather than Yeshua's Christianity being taught within the Churches.

Paul was a Polytrickster, changing the message of Yeshua to whatever group of people he was trying to convert: (1 Corithians 9:20-23) 20And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

What did Yeshua teach? (Matthew 5:17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

So who do you believe? Jah and Yeshua? Or Paul?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/17/2012 4:02:34 PM

Well said Warrior Dove.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/17/2012 4:59:57 PM

I'm a fish. I am in jail yet I comited no crime. I was imprisoned from whence I was born. De day I was born was de very same day I was sentenced to a life inprisonment n a death sentence. Actualy I'm in a death row. I know no freedom, all I know is confinement in dis small pond. I know no happiness, all I know is missery. I know no joy, all I know is pain. I know no laughter, all I know is weeping. I have no dream, all I have is nightmares. I see no future, all I see is doom. My destiney is in de plate of greedy human. In dis world of human suprimacy n dominance life is realy hard fo us fish n other animals. Who shall save us from dis greedy n merciless people. In de name of God dey kill. Using de bible dey murder. In de name of celebration dem kill, in de name of prayer dem kill, in de name of thanksgiving dem kill. I as a fish am not suprised dat dem are usin de bible to justify all dis murder. Dem think we animals don't know dat dem are de ones who invented n published de bible. Now dem want to fool one anada into believin dat dis murder crime was authorised by de creator? No wonder dem even think dem are de only ones who are images of de creator, dem don't think dat all of us animals are images of de creator. Killin is deir game, murder is deir culture, sheding of innocent blood is deir religion, our pain n suffering is deir prayer. One day dis bloody meditation will stop. We fish n other animals have a right to live. Glory to de Almighty. Raspect.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I