Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4775&start_row=1

why jesus allowed eating of fish

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jhamn Sent: 7/27/2012 6:53:19 AM

It is only the first 11 lines but u may read on, as i enjoy doing.

[1] And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
[2] And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
[3] The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
[4] And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
[5] And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
[6] Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
[7] They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
[8] He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
[9] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
[10] His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
[11] But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
[12] For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
[13] Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
[14] But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
[15] And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.
[16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
[17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
[18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
[19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[20] The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
[21] Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
[22] But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
[23] Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[24] And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
[25] When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
[26] But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
[27] Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
[28] And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
[29] And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
[30] But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/27/2012 2:54:38 PM

Fish is a good source of food for many people.

Some Rasta eat fish, but others don't.

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/30/2012 5:32:39 PM

Eleazar, thank you for this reasoning. As I pondered this same question, I was led to the same passages in the Bible, and to the same conclusion. Blessings...

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/30/2012 11:04:18 PM

He probly allowed fish if he really did because of the context of the times and with out fish one would starve.

not enough grapes and olives for the poor?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/31/2012 10:23:34 AM

It is true dat some rastas nyam fish but dat does not make it a good source of food. A good source of food is one dat is not obtained through de killing of innocent animals. Fish have a right to live. Why can't people accept dat. U can use whatever verse of de bible as an excuse fo killin fish but de botom line of it all is dat Fish have a right to live. So please Jah people have mercy pon de animals. Stop de killin of innocent fish n other animals. Even Sizla seh ''killin is not a part of our policy''. Mek we live love fo Jah is love. One perfect love.

Messenger: jah_cedes Sent: 7/31/2012 10:59:34 AM

Greetings in the Name of Pan,Africa Education.
Its not Exactly Killing Fish, when they Can't Breathe Air..it Happens like That For a Reason How can I-n-I ever Know That Fish dies out of Water if na Experience it? I-n-i Don't have to Kill Fish them have an Natural Death pon them. But all the Others....Not pon the policy..So Fish can Reproduce itself without Steroids and Dies Naturally and Thats "WHY I ALLOW EATING FISH". Bless

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/31/2012 12:09:09 PM

Brother. When u take fish out of water u are killin fish. Dat is not a natural dearth but is murder. When u nyam fish then u promote de killin of fish. Fish have a right to live.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/31/2012 1:50:44 PM

Real Rastafarians do not eat fish.

Those who do are still trodding, and hopefully in their trod they realize their wrongs and repent, and become real!
There are several habits that need to be forsaken as one grows spiritual, which were done before one finds the truth............
...and a typical example of those bad habits is the eating of fish by mankind, seen?

So if one says they don't eat beef but eat fish, then where is sense?
Because as I see, it is better for a person to eat beef rather than fish, if they choose to eat meat, seen?

Those who promote the eating of fish by man, will do so but scriptural evidence is lacking!

Raspect..

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/2/2012 5:09:58 AM

Halie Selassie I eat meat, truth ting dat.
Yesuah eat fish, truth ting dat.

The fish is not "alive" as we as humans are. Yesuah neva had anything against going fishing or fisherman.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.

Just because a plant doesn't move much doesn't mean it is not alive. Plants grow live and die just as fish do.

Why kill the innocent plants?

Jah don't give a fish or a plant a soul. Ible doesn't say don't eat fish or plants. It does say we must not kill animals or torture them for fun and there is a reason for this. People see animals as more "alive" than a plant and if one tortures an animal he can possibly justify torturing a human.

That said it is better to eat plants because it absorbs Jah light and is better for food but it is not "bad" to eat fish ect.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/2/2012 10:36:03 AM

Eating of fish n other animals is a bad habit. Fish is alive like human. Fish love life like u do. Fish feels de pain like u. Why kill fish? Fish have a right to live. Raspect to fish n other animals.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I