Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4775&start_row=31

why jesus allowed eating of fish

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/16/2013 1:33:32 AM

<"I don't reason with those who curse Ethiopia.">
I never cursed any nation, ever. I in I can't reason with you. You claimed Jah's word cursed something. I believed you. Sorry I did.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 11/18/2013 2:39:03 PM

To answer the I question Garvey

Can somebody please explain the logics why somebody wouldn't claim ital yet still eat fish?---your question is not clear, are you putting fish in the same category as ital, if not, then you should ask the person why they don't claim ital, claiming ital is a preference and is not mandated. Its simple some ppl just don't want to eat veggies.

Ital is now a dish of veggies and not necessarily a lifestyle. Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescatarian are lifestyles likes, Rastafarian.

Midnite sings a song" Love the life you live, live the life you love"
and in the lyrics he says, http://youtu.be/_KJplrjvGhw

Humanitarians
Those of you saving only animals
Humanitarians
Remove the scales from
your eyes whoa, whoa
Humanitarian saving whales
Im saying what about humanity
Remove the scales from your eyes whoa

This reason sounds he is talking about the ones , who say save the fish, save the chicken, when its clear that its use as food has been utilized before we even walked this physical plain. what about humanity and the mission to help one and ones real-eyes the Almighty in dem.

One and ones should be thankful for meat, InI incestors ate meat, fat back, pork all types of things I wouldn't touch now but it was the food that kept them alive so InI can be here in 2013.

This is logical, without no biblical reference

Food don't make no one a real this or that, food just satisfys hunger in order for InI to survive.

Haile Selassie I, Yah Rastafari didn't fight the dragon over food, the dragon was after his kingdom and life, there are bigger things to worry about.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/19/2013 4:03:20 PM

Thanks for your response

The initial question should have said how ones would (wouldn't was a typo) claim ital but eat fish?

I think the midnite reference you used is completely different. Midnite is ital and doesn't eat fish so......... He was referring to people who bawl about cruelty to animals and don't deal with human cruelty .... He wasn't referring to the plate. Midnite is definitely ital...

Ital is not a dish, ital most certainly is a way of life. Rasta have been saying this for years ital is more than the food we eat. Ital is not vegan not vegetarian. For example tofu might be fine for a vegetarian but it's not ital.

So my question again, can anyone explain being 'ital' but still eating fish?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/19/2013 9:13:25 PM

I stopped eating flesh in 1995 and never ate any flesh until 2009 where I ate fish for six months. Here is a Reasoning about that.

Food Experience

During I Trod, RasTafarI people would never say they are Ital if they eat fish. Many Idrens I knew and know eat fish, but they would never claim they ate Ital. They would say that I ate Ital, but that is not even true, because I eat some milk products, potato chips, chocolate bars, candy and some processed foods. It may all be vegetarian, except for the milk, but Ital is more than just vegetarian. It is food in its natural form. Eating more raw foods, but cooked food is still Ital, as long as it is not cooked to death. No salt, no chemicals.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/19/2013 11:22:36 PM

Yes Ark-I. And using that reasoning many people argue within Rasta and say Rasta CANNOT be ital in babylon as long as one buys anything from any babylon store. Living in the ghetto area of the inner city for many Rasta this simply isnt a reality.

So ital to I-man is the effort, the conscious effort for the Itality of which you mention. For example rastaman cannot be held accountable for what contaminents may be in tapwater, but if him no have access to to river or sea, likkle more have any money for a bokkle water wha him fi do? People have to survive, but with the conscious effort. For me, eating fish, a living creature with a blood supply and heart (think say them have two heart?).... knowing full well there are other options and cheaper options all around... this cannot be a conscious effort. I cant forsee many circumstances where its nyam fish or nothing to survive. Maybe a one man stranded pon desert island? But for most man, i dont see the effort. I see flesh a nyam and life a take.
Above all what people say about processed food, sugar food and this and that. The preservation of LIFE is an important thing to Rastafari. In all form.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 11/20/2013 8:25:33 AM

Blessed to All

Yes I, Give thanks Ark I andGarvey Africa ,I opinion every cooked food is not considered Ital ,Including fresh fruit bought from a market , Ital is actually food that is for sure raw and been grown by InI from a seed , because to cultivate a Fruit or vegetables must be cared from seed and naturally including d love InI give to d plant , no meat or any dairy product is Ital or honey , including fresh fruits from d market but plants been cultivated by InI from seed and been eaten in raw state in other words for instance no animal cook food but every plant that can be eaten raw or eaten from d virgin jungles as fruit or vegetables is Ital, no eco food or such, such as been promoted in this times but simply natural, no destroyin of d enzymes by cooking but simply eating it raw and ofcourse planted by InI.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2013 12:28:52 PM

Ahhh blessed.... So your ital livity doesn't allow cooked food? I've seen this among rasta in Jamaica and the states and I like the logics. Fresh food and sun cooked food dem a deal with. Maybe I man can reach dem heights one day. Bless up

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I