Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4774&start_row=11

White slavery. Who knew? The WHOLE story of slavery

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/4/2012 2:06:07 AM

Yes I, Sis Chica. De bleaching of skin n permming of hair by black people is a very big disgrace to I n I black race. De cause of de rastafari movement was to emancipate black people from both mental n physical slavery. So if somebody accept rasta then he should accept black upliftment. I n I know dat I n I black people were enslaved, colonised, killed n dehumanised. What mi can't overstand is how can someone come in de name rasta yet still spread teachings dat aim to neutralise de effort of black upliftment. Mi don't know where dis story of black enslaving white come from now. Why would somebody who come as rasta be intrested in spreading such a story if he is not sure of it. Is dis not some kind of babylon propaganda used as an excuse to condone de atrocities commited on I n I black people? Raspect.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/4/2012 2:25:15 AM

Yes I!!! Black heart!!!

This is not only a disgrace of a black person but a disgrace to Jah whom create them this way..beautiful. Jah make people many colors to decorate the earth. Why would anyone want to change Jah beauty? Jah beauty is perfect in every way.

This story is not an "unsure" story. This is a true story. These events really took place. InI choose to tell this story not to "justify" what was done to us but to point out that all people are capable of evil things. People are individuals first and part of a group after. Just because one is Rasta or black does not make him good or bad. Just because one is white does not make him good or bad.

Actually the Babylon propaganda is to NOT tell this story. Babylon wants us to only remember when we were taken over so that he may hold us down. Imagine how "white supremacist" would feel if he knew his people were once slaves? He might just feel equal. He will then be humbled by this knowledge.

InI people is all people and InI uplift and humble all people through knowledge and Istory. Complete Istory of every race color and creed. Black people and white people have both commit evils against each other from long time. InI is saying two wrongs don't make a right. We must not commit the evils of our past. InI is sure of this story and there is plenty of information on this if the I wishes to research.

Word, Sound, Knowledge, Power

Pure love and respect Idren

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 1:14:32 PM

Brother Soe, I agree with you. Slavery is ALWAYS wrong no matter who the victims are.

I often wonder, did Jah choose to have us lose our place of authority in this world becasue of our disobedience to him? Africa was once the mecca of knowledge, arts, philosophy. What happened? What went wrong? How did we come to suffer so much?

Is it becasue we took Jah's gifts for granted and were disobedient to Him? Sometimes I feel that is what really happened, and now we are trying to find our way back into Jah's fold. Sins of our forefathers have visited us and it is up to us to reconcile with Jah. To the extent that we do, we will know real progress, real love, real respect, real spiritual growth.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/4/2012 1:26:49 PM

InI sees Ifrica a lot like Israel (where it is very likely the Jews were black)

Ifrica is pretty much the only place to sell their people on such a massive scale. They sold their brothers for things as worthless as guns spices and material.. Things that were almost worthless to Europeans. This is where InI sight the origin of the way black people are viewed.

InI doesn't like how many like to depict Ifricans as weak people who were chased and captured by a few Europeans on a boat. Are we Ifricans not strong? Are we not tall? And even further ...ARE WE NOT FAST!?!?!?!! It would be extremely difficult for a European to go to Ifrica, survive, navigate the land and even more to capture soooo many Ifricans. InI is not prejudice against any man but these are just the facts. It takes an Ifrican to chase down a Ifrican. Just sayin.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 2:29:45 PM

Agreed.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/4/2012 6:46:04 PM

The Egyptians were black yes, but moses and the israelites they were enslved by the Egyptians, does anyone know this huge poulations background...bible mentions nubians being enslaved side by side with israel. Nubians are black for sure.

Either way its not always a thing of being racist, its always a thing of not loving others as ones self.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I