Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4774&start_row=1

White slavery. Who knew? The WHOLE story of slavery

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/27/2012 4:54:07 AM

Greetings, blessings and respect to all.

Before InI begin InI doesn't want to make this about who was better and who was worse ect. PEOPLE both black and white were WRONG by enslaving their fellow man and treating them like..for lack of a better word, crap.

InI has been doing a lot of research lately and has discovered that the coin is not merely one sided in regards to slavery. As you may know slavery was long practiced all over the world by many cultures and is not unique to the Trans-Atlantic slave trade we all think of today. Please take carefully what InI is about to say with an open mind and due consideration.

The ORIGINAL concept of slavery is not evil but rather fully justified.

Slavery, as defined in the Ible and and as practiced early on was not about what we know it as today. One was born free and became a "slave" which can also be defined as an indentured servant when he owed a man a debt. The slave was allowed to own land care for his family and was meant to be treated fairly. In the Ible a man regardless of the debt he owed was only to provide services for a maximum of 7 years (or less depending on his debt) and then he was to be freed and granted his 40 acres and a mule.

Not in the Ible (at least I'm not sure) but still reasonable was that a man could be put into slavery if he was a criminal.

Now, in regards to slavery between black and white. Did anyone even know that Africans enslaved white people? Furthermore did anyone know Africans enslaved whites first? Did you know that during the Trans-Atlantic slave trade the ships carried many Irish and other European slaves whom were of less "value" than African slaves?

The Barbary slave trade pre-dates the Trans Atlantic slave trade by 100 years or more. Africans from Northern Africa would attack European merchant ships and rob them of their goods and hold their captives as slaves. They also went to territories near to Northern Africa such as Spain and Italy to raid settlements to capture their people as slaves. It is estimated that over 1million Europeans were captured and made slaves.

These slaves were treated with cruelty and disrespect just as the African slaves that were later brought to the Americas by the Europeans 100 years later. Most of these white slaves were freed by being bought back by European churches who collected money to buy them back from their owners.

Another fact before InI continue. Slavery was long practiced in Africa before the Trans Atlantic slave trade. The African Elite, through war and other means would obtain slaves and trade them among other African elite for labor. 90% of the slaves imported from Africa to the Americas were sold to them by these men to the Europeans. Without them the Europeans could not have accomplished what they had done in the Americas. In those ships also carried white slaves predominantly of Irish decent who were of less value because 1. They were just plain captured at no cost and 2. They could not withstand the climate and disease in the Americas as well as the African slave.

Now...

In the first years of the Trans Atlantic slave trade both African and European slaves could gain their freedom after working as a slave for 7-10 years. At this time a slaves had not been distinguished by race. After this the freed slave was to be given 50-250 acres of land, livestock, and seed to grow crops. Hence one of the reasons there was free slaves while the institution of slavery was still in effect. Once one was freed he or she was allowed to own and import slaves white and black, which they did. Freed blacks owned slaves whom were white and black and had them to labor on their land. Later on laws were put in place that allowed freed blacks to exclusively own slaves of their own race. Soon after laws were passed that stated a negro slave could be owned for life as well as their slave offspring. These laws still recognized free slaves and their children stating that the status of the mother would be passed down to her children as they were "grandfathered" in.

A large amount of the freed slaves were women that their white masters fell in love and had children with. Those then former slave women and their free mulatto children inherited land and slaves. Unfortunately a majority of the "new" black slave owners that where half black themselves held themselves higher than their black bredren and treated them badly. Not all of the black slave owners were evil though, some would still buy slaves with intention of granting them freedom or would free them after a time.

In conclusion this is a very short synopsis of the Istory of slavery both black and white.

InI suspect Babylon don't teach this in school because they wish for us to stay under downpression and withhold this information as a powerful propaganda tool. If InI black bredren knew we once owned white slaves we would know that we are not inferior to anyone!! Babylon wants to create an image that our ancestors were weak minded feeble people who were conquered and defeated by slavery. They don't want I black bredren to point the finger at a white man and say to him "I owned your ancestors too!" Babylon want us to believe that another race got one over on us and we should be angry and ashamed. They want us to believe all Africans came from a bush and were uncivilized. Babylon wants us to hate and covet our white bredren possessions. Babylon wants our white bredren to look on his black skin bredren and say "I owned you!" and think he is superior. Now Babylon has two slaves working in his hate factory black and white.

But InI say to you all my brothers and sisters black and white. The evil way slavery was practiced in the past was the devils ingenious plot to divide us. InI is forming a movement to unite the whole family once again. We all stem from the same roots. Once we form together in love we can fight hate, greed, and all forms of badmind with love and implant love in the hearts of all men and women so the devil has no opportunity to divide us again.

InI hope the I has taken InI reasoning into careful consideration and with love and an open mind and heart. InI would love to hear the I responses.

Jah love, Jah live, Jah guide us.

Peace and love to you all.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/27/2012 2:56:50 PM

SOERASTA02,

Slavery is an evil institution that has been practiced since ancient times.

Many peoples of all races, including whites, have been enslaved, but the African slave trade was the worst and largest scale system of slavery in history.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/27/2012 3:56:56 PM

First off InI believe that slavery as an institution defined in the Ible is not evil at all. A man knew exactly what he was getting into. A man simply traded his labor for goods he didn't have the means to afford. If a man needed a mule to tend to his farm to feed his family the man probably only had to work for a month or two to pay off his debt.

The problem arises when someone takes a free man that owes him no debt at all and forces him to work. This is evil.

The I uses the word "worse"and InI can overstand where The I is coming from but think on a more personal individual scale. We have individual people. Instead of thinking of a group think of the individuals themselves because this is how Jah passes judgment. Individually not collectively. One size fits all reasoning is for Babylon. Let InI break it down to a smaller more personal dimension.

First we have the victim:

1. The man who was chased down and tied up

Next is the aggressor:

1.The man who chased him down and tied him up.
2.The man who ordered the man to chase down said potential slave.
3.The merchant who sold the slave.
4.The man on the boat who keeps the slave in control.
5.The man who buys the slave and becomes the slave master with cruel intentions.

Each individual is their own person and their life events are unique to them and them only.

When thought about in that way it takes an individual to accomplish each of these tasks and that individual could be of any color. These individuals work together to enslave each and every individual slave and each slaves personal experience is individual to him/her.

So in turn enslaving one man is not "better" than enslaving many men because everyone is an individual. That form of slavery is bad period regardless of number.

"Largest scale" is true but relative because tomorrow a group of individuals could enslave an even larger scale of individuals. It's not like slavery was stopped in those days on moral decision. When the Africans enslaved the whites they didn't stop because they figured they had "enough slaves" or that they changed their mind. They stopped because there wasn't anymore. Americans stopped most likely because they bred their own.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/27/2012 5:53:35 PM

SOERASTA02 said:

--------------------
When the Africans enslaved the whites they didn't stop because they figured they had "enough slaves" or that they changed their mind
--------------------

When did that happen? Do you have any historical evidence to back your reasoning up?

The Barbary pirates were Ottoman Turks and Arabs who lived in North Africa. They were North Africans, but not African Black people.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/28/2012 2:34:41 AM

Few questions

What is a "black African"?
How black must a African be to be considered a "black African"?
Which part of Africa is really Africa?
What is the inner difference between a black African and any other African?
Is the "Black African" superior to a less black African?
Would it be true that the blacker one is the better he is?
Haile Selassie was significantly lighter skinned that plenty of "north Africans" is he not a "black african?"

InI whole point ultimately is skin color is of no significance. AT ALL period. Babylon use this do divide we.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/28/2012 2:49:54 AM

InI don't think there was a big emphasis on race back in those days as it is today. Black and white built Egypt and this was in Northern Africa. Its not a far stretch to know that Berbers and people of Northern Africa were of both races.

Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 7/29/2012 12:21:19 AM

dont let the bible fool you , slavery is bad no matter how much debt a person owes to anybody

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/29/2012 1:40:08 AM

Flyhighwithjah

Greetings and pure love to the I,

The Ible does not fool InI. The way the Ible explains slavery is not bad at all. Has the I read his Ible and the verses within pertaining to slavery? It is the unjust practice of "slavery" that is "bad" and therefore is not slavery at all. Often we judge the Ible based upon the deeds of others rather then judging the deeds of others upon the Ible. Let I explain.

Actually

First some scripture.

Exodus 21:16
He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, shall surely be put to death.

Already this makes what was done in the past wrong.

A more accurate term for the "slavery" in the Ible would be bondservant. If we ALL followed the ways of Jah as written in the Ible instead of Babylon debt system our economies wouldn't be an issue.

The Ible clearly defines the treatment of servants and how they should be treated with dignity and that both servant and master are both servants of Jah. The Ible also outlines how a servant must conduct himself regardless of how righteous his flesh master. The master of all men is JAH THE MOST HIGH!!!

If the I can find any Ible verse that is "unjust" InI challenge the I to bring it forth in reasoning.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/3/2012 4:01:47 PM

I believe the biggest difference between slavery as practiced in the ancient biblical days and slavery as practiced in the USA is that the bible never suggested that the slave system was established to dehumanize mankind. The way it was practiced in the USA is obvious to all that is was established to dehumanize a people, to rob them completely of their culture to the point that they would eventually REFUSE to identify with their own culture. As practiced in the USA, I believe the system worked. To this day, we have people bleaching their skin, permming their hair, refusing to educate themselves about their history, about Mother Africa. All these generations later and this stuff is still going on. It shows us the lasting effects of slavery. Our minds remain enslaved. The more we free our minds, the more we become the people Jah has called us to be.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/4/2012 12:27:01 AM

InI has had his mind freed by the power of Jah. Not only has black people mind been enslaved but whites by Babylon. We must free all peoples and make them aware of their enslavement.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I