Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4771&start_row=91

Two questions

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 165
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 8/3/2012 6:38:07 AM

in that case you cant say that Cain got a wife from the daughters of Adam if your confused about the order of things. because the order of the bible proves what i was saying is true.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/3/2012 12:08:37 PM

The bible isn't "in order" atleast not chronological order we are used to. Most books only tell one guys story from birth to death. The bible had to tell a bunch of peoples story that lived 800-900 somethin odd years, it can be quite confusing. The "daughters" could be his great grand daughter or his great great great great great grand daughter.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/3/2012 1:07:31 PM

Can somebody tel I, who wrote de story of Noah in de bible? How does he know dat de flood covered de whole world? If de author of Noah's story was in Noah s' land how was he able to observe wha gwaan ina mi land dat iwa. Him thought dere was too much water even here yet dere was sun n no flood ina dis sunny land. Fo I n I neva been extinct since I n I iration millions of years agwaan. Selassie I.

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/3/2012 1:33:55 PM

One summer, I attended a workshop on the bible. One of the things the instructor informed us was the bible is made up of myths and legends. He also said it is the canon of christian ethics. So I thought to myself, "Does Christian ethics revolve around a bunch of legends and myths?" Needless to say, that workshop left me more confused than ever, wondering what is true and what is not in the bible. There is a passage in the bible that says, in so many words: Whoever changes one tittle of the information in this bible will be judged guilty and damned.

I began to ask myself: What is the scribe changed a word by mistake? And if it's got so many legends and myths, how is one to know the truth?

To make a long story short, I don't have the answer. I'm still searching.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/3/2012 4:10:28 PM

Ye my god, keep on serching. I n I want de real truth.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/4/2012 1:47:58 AM

chica,

One thing I know beyond any shadow of a doubt is that those workshops on the Bible, one of which you attended, are but just a brainchild of Babylon designed to misinform and confuse the people!

Bless..

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/4/2012 2:05:37 AM

No one knows for a fact who wrote the Old Testament. We just know it as the word of Jah. Some say Moses wrote it, others say anonymous writers. The I knows thru African Istory that many stories are word of mouth and don't get written down till a long time later. Keeping in mind Noah lived like 800-900 something odd years. He also had his wife with him and his 3 sons and their wives on the Ark. Any one of his sons or grandchildren or great grandchildren ect could have written this story. InI is very careful when interpreting the Old Testament because these were DRAMATICALLY different times. Humans were alot different then. There were actually people who were righteous and without sin. They were A LOT closer to Jah. People didn't question the existence of Jah and were capable to communicate with HIM directly.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/4/2012 2:47:01 AM

Yes we wont need the bible any more after we can communicate with HIM directly. But, We will then be able to re write it correctly!

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/4/2012 3:17:58 AM

InI doesn't believe the Ible is "incorrect". The message remains. If someone erased all of the Ible only had the golden rule it would still be the same.

Love thy neighbor.

That pretty much spells out everything.

Which part of the Ible does the I think is incorrect?

Messenger: DURU Sent: 8/4/2012 4:19:51 AM

Blessed to all

D bible is a book ,yes H.I.M promote it simply cause H.I.M christian, but H.I.M message is not d bible but "clear conscience" not by theories.
For instance if jesus is talking to peter,it doesn't mean he is talking to all of us,but I n I must overstand d situation and relationship why jesus said this or that to peter,it is directed to peter not to I n I, different approach is simply for different mind set and situations but 1 common aim which is ,peace,liberation,unity which is love,with this manifestation is d unity with JAH in manifestation.
Bible is not a MUST , but for christian minded seeking liberation (free from sufferings) or for any attracted to its message but d aim must be love.

This message is not just in d bible. But any other scripture and even with no scriptures,observe mother nature in clear conscience then InI will learn love,unity ,harmony,oneness.

If d bible needs lots of studies or finding out its chronology simply to get d message of love ,why need to waste time,
D message is contained not in words or stories but on its AIM , its not important if its historical facts or mythological stories but its important to overstand d message which is Love and dats d aim of this stories.

Live life with love towards all ,for InI is one I and many only in appearance but functions as one, if this is overstood why still need books to make things complicated , how come can we build spaceships to go outer space or create intellectual theories or create certain complicated food simply to have a better taste than nature provide.

Simplicity is godliness, for simplicity is from d heart not from d mind. Mind function is for "each one teach one" not for inventions or theories and dogmas.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 165

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I