Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4771&start_row=41

Two questions

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 165
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/31/2012 3:42:26 AM

Hail I. Questioning of de bible is part of rasta livity. Ones n ones should just know n accept dat. Ones haffe deeper to overstand Muta caz Muta is troding at igher ightes. A comon misconception in dis forum is dat rasta is only de bible n Selessie I speeches. Rasta goes far beyond dis two things. Don't make de mistake of thinking u know rasta by only knowing dis two things. Some people in Ethopia know His marjesty, his speeches n de bible very well more than all of us in dis forum yet dem don't know much about rasta. Muta started troding rasta livity long before some were even born yet now some now think dem know more than him instead of lerning from him. Brothers n sisters mek we humble I n I self n lern rastafari from elders like Muta. It is true dat we may not agree or feel everything dem seh but dat is still part of rasta livity. Diversity is a comon thing in rastafari dats why reasoning is part of rasta livity. When reasoning having different views doen't mean ones should be divided. I man sugest those who dis Muta to go back n listen to Muta's words with a positive atitude, dem will lern some things dem didn't know about rasta livity. Like Mutabaruka seh de race is not fo de swift but fo those who endure the taste. Peace n love to all.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 7/31/2012 4:10:27 AM

I am not sure if this has been brought up yet, but what bout Him saying that in what vever translations it may b published and whatever language it might be written the Word remains One, and the Same?
Yes I, Black solidarity and supremacy

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/31/2012 4:13:12 AM

The fact that Mutabaruka was born and started trodding Rastafari long before I was born does not necessarily mean that he knows Rastafari better than me!

So besides the Scriptures and Selassie-I's teachings or speeches, what other sources of information should a Rastafarian read and study?
Because as I see, the Bible itself on its own, is more than enough for a person to study and trod Rastafari, seen?

Raspect..

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 7/31/2012 4:18:23 AM

In fact, a person does not need to study the entire Bible, no,
But one can become a perfect Rastafarian even through studying the Psalms only and leaving out the rest, seen?

The Psalms contain everything!

Selassie-I..

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/31/2012 5:20:59 AM

If the I wishes to reach true enlightenment why would the I wish to only read the bare minimum? Psalms is good but people must understand the Ible on true form. That is like sayin the I must only know my name to know InI.

InI used to pretty much only read psalms but InI has learned much.more reading the whole thing. Psalms makes a lot more sense to InI now

Messenger: SuperSmile Sent: 7/31/2012 6:54:46 AM

the bible is a mess in parts like muta was saying in one of his reasonings about adam and Eve, and cain and abel where cain slays abel and so he goes away in to the land of Nod and there he finds a wife.. so how can he find a wife if this book is telling us that adam and eve was the first on the earth, .... and then he explains about sodom and gomorrah being destoyed because of their wickedness, and soon after lots daughters have sex with him and nothing happens to them... so it is good to question parts of the bible

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/31/2012 7:16:17 AM

Let I just address the I burning bush quickly about His Majesty
speaking about differnt translations of the bible.

It is the truth that His Majesty gives His blessing to whatever version of the bible Ones and Ones could pick up. He might have published His complete Amharic version, but not everyone in the world can read Amharic, so not everyone can read that Ible. So whatever version I and I pick up, even if it is the king james version, I and I can still find the fundamental truths that are contained in it as long as I and I seek it. If I could read Amharic, no doubt I could gain more insight from reading the Haile Selassie I Amharic bible, but since English is I only language I can still pick up a king james version or a NIV version and know from that that His Majesty is the Conquering Lion of Judah and the King of Kings spoken of in Revelation. And then of course I can seek and find english versions of the books king james left out and read them too, and seek and find more books about the scriptures and study around and learn the full context of the scriptures. And at the same time I can be studying world events and see the same wickedness being perpetrated in this time. I can Reason with I Idren and get new perspectives from Ones who have studied deeper than I. Whatever version, there is nothing to stop the I from seeking and finding.
Anyone who can read can pick up a bible and read about Yeshua and realise that the man was pointing towards a certain Livity, no matter what language they are reading it in.
If mankind sat and read knowledge for Himself, I and I would see a different world, but plenty rely on a next person to inform them about certain things, and so in this time I and I see churches telling their congregations all sorts of nonsence about the scriptures and misusing the Christ Livity for wickedness. That is where the confusion comes in, not through the scriptures alone.

Blessed love

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 7/31/2012 7:34:33 AM

Yes I,
I and I can learn from all versions of the Bible, just like some rivers had been polluted over time by mankind but still lead to the same ocean. I give thanks for the I clearing that Up for I.
Also, I think we could learn from all the books of incient wisdom, my favorite being Kebra Negast, as you people are talking about the balance of African and Judaic wisdom, for me, that is a good ixample of a part of the story being left untold.

I am only a youth so just seeking wisdom.
By the way this is Ras Moses from Rasta Nick's Forum, wha happen with you?

Ites

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/31/2012 6:24:10 PM

Life happened with I. Different tribulations and blessings came along and I didn't have time for this internet Reasoning when Jah works needed doing.
I'm just here while I'm here and the Reasoning is running. Might drop out again soon when life catches up, but I'm living still so don't worry about I.

Give thanks for the concern.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/31/2012 10:51:48 PM

Blessed Love.

Muta teaches some good things that will help Ones and Ones Rise. Like with anybody, I and I must filter what people say so that I and I can Learn what is Good to Learn,and leave behind what is not.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 165

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I