Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4771&start_row=31

Two questions

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 165
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Matthew Sent: 7/28/2012 2:23:35 AM

Bro BlackHeart re read Eleazer post ! His Majesty says InI must remain neutral calling the good along with the bad! Is this another teaching of His Majesty that doesnt apply to the I? Foolishness !

Blessed Love

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 7/29/2012 5:03:08 PM

I just relised some ones may have jumped on this topic to push their own agendas.
To make I self clear I want to clarify I have no objection to ones questioning and doubting the bible . In I opinion it is the word of God but written by man so it is fallable.

I issue is with ones in positions of power, Rasponsibillity, and influence over the youth ridiculing the Bible, Christ, and Faith, and doing so in the name of RasTafarI.

Blessed Love

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/30/2012 5:42:51 AM

InI is not against and will never be against black upliftment. InI support the upliftment of all peoples. InI do sight and does encourage black people to realeyes dem roots and culture so that they may have pride in themselves once again. InI just know seh if any man try claim to be better than another this brings war. InI come from a military background and InI has been all over the world. Everywhere one race/culture/group decide to disrespect or say they are superior to another war soon follows.

It is more important to teach a black child that he is great beautiful and powerful than to remind him people once called him and is still callin him a nigga. If the I teach black children this system is against them then they form a limited mind set and never strive to suceed to their full potential which is to beat an unfair system.
The black child must learn he as survived all odds and will prosper regardless of circumstances. Teach him his strength and let him know no weakness. InI is black Jamaican and Chamorro whom were both downpressed and InI has the ability to be the most powerful human being in this world!!!! InI don't care who hold power!!!! Jah hold power and Jah live within I!!! InI knows NO weakness because Jah knows NO weakness!!!

Scripture seh the I must be wise as the serpent but gentle as the lamb.

InI is more clever than Babylon and a better man then him there for InI shall hold power above Babylon system.

Straight up movement InI is talking. REAL MOVEMENT. Jah willing before InI burry back in this earth InI will have an impact upon this world.

Regards to the Ible and it being false ect. InI reads the Ible for true. InI pose a challenge where ANY TEACHING is false or downpressive of ANYONE. The conditions of this challenge being that the teachings must be the teachings directly from the Ible in scripture and not from "some man pon di road"

InI favorite phrase is :

Don't judge the book by the man but the man by the book.

The Ible is a liberating document for Iveryone.

InI sight.

Saying the Ible is false or bad without reading it and overstanding is both disrespect and ungrounded. Show InI the scripture.

Red blue orange yellow black green white must all be uplifted in the name of the most high Jah or they shall all fall at the hands of man.

InI love you all

Respect

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/30/2012 5:47:02 AM

InI is talking the ACTUAL brick upon brick wooden cement rock stone ZION.

Build Zion.
Babylon will fall atop those who worship her.

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/30/2012 6:00:18 AM

READING THE BIBLE IS NOT THE SAME AS LISTENING TO PEOPLE AT ALL.

If InI tell the I something InI believe and that it come from Ible. The I must then check the Ible for its validity.

InI can make mistake but Ible don't make mistake.

Read read read and overstand. InI doesn't overstand (from an actual reader and study of scripture) how the Ible is wrong.

Today InI had a long reasoning with one of my good Idren whom support pan-africanism and later in the day a "church pastor"

InI read them both scripture and I sight my Idren start to see what I've always been saying "Judge the man by the book and not the book by the man"

Church man InI feel thru Jah InI help humble him and show him some REAL truth about Yesuah livity and "Christian tradition" Yesuah livity sight dat a man shouldn't pray in public PERIOD. Christian tradition pray inside the church infront if everybody!!!! And the list goes on

"Don't judge the book by the man but the man by the book"

Love and respect to all

One love true love Jah love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/30/2012 6:54:47 AM

I don't know how this Reasoning became so divided from the start, because one thing never stops another. Just because Mutabaruka speaks about Black African upliftment alone doesn't mean the man doesn't want to see all people uplifted; he just deals with his businiess first and foremost, and Raspect due for that. Same thing with him being critical of the bible. The man questions it (after reading and studying it in depth) and people suddenly think the man is burning it? Could never be so.

Personally I think this is a case of certain Ones and Ones judging Muta by the cover alone. The man speaks certain words about certain topics and people take that as a representation of the fullness of Mutabaruka. I've seen the hardtalk video where he confronts the Christian man over certain things about the bible, and none of them are wrong. There never was a man called Jesus Christ who walked in flesh. There was a man called Yeshua, who held the Christ Livity though, and that is the turth, so when Mutabaruka burns fire on Jesus Christ, don't get confused and think the man is burning out Yeshua or the Christ Livity that I and I can learn about in the bible. If a man read a standard version of the bible in ingornace today though he would inevitably be lead to the Christian interpretation of events just through the translation of the language and the lack of context. To get those things and see the truth in those pages, I and I have to study and read around things. That is impossible without questioning and checking certain details and through that I and I gain yet more knowledge and overstanding through Reasoning with I and I Idren and Sistren, through studying other books and knowledge or through Iditating within I and Iselves.

So let I and I put down this petty squabbling over the bible and give thanks for knowledge wherever I and I find it, because His Majesty teaches I and I through His words and actions to seek knowlegde no matter where it is found. Remember that His Majesty never read the bible alone. It is His glory, as he says, but this is a man who studies EVERYTHING. Every kind of books and knowledge in the Kings library, and people think he never sat down and studied and questioned and probed His favorite one in depth? How else could His Majesty say with confidence that the bible is His glory if He never read it cover to cover and studied every line to the fullest detail, even to the point where questions arise? Why else would He have published His own Amharic version directly translated from the oldest manuscripts with all the books king james cut out put back in?
To question knowledge is never to disrespect it, so don't get confused and offended I Idren when people question the scriptures in Reasoning. I'd even say it is wisdom to question knowledge, because plenty of people fill their heads up with knowledge in this time, but never have the wisdom to question it and so they chat a lot of crap.

Blessed love

Messenger: chica Sent: 7/30/2012 6:02:04 PM

Matthew, I hope I have not offended you in asking this question. That was never my intent. I asked the qeustion because when reading some of your reasonings, it just sounded to me like someone struggling to be included even in the face of opposition; like you felt there was a risk that you were not being understood or seriously considered. I was in no way suggesting that you are in any way an oppressor or display oppressive tendencies.

It just seems like at times, you have to fight to be heard on this forum, as if you feel your comments are excused out of turn; the same way many Blacks feel when dealing with a white society.

I felt it in my gut and just had to ask. Matthew, to me, it felt like you felt you were being discriminated against in terms of your right to be here, reasoning with everyone else. I felt an uneasy tension, that is all.

I recognized this because I have had that same experience in my lifetime; that uneasy, uncomfortable feeling that I am being discounted, not taken seriously and having to "fight" to be heard and seriously considered.

You know how it feels when you know you're one of the boys? You come to the table with a different attitude when you know this.

But when you feel you're not one of the boys, you recognize that, as well... and you come to the table with a different attitude.

Am I making sense?

In any case, it is refreshing to see/feel your presence at the table. Blessings...

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/30/2012 9:23:29 PM

Nazarite I

InI gives respects to the I they are well due. InI does not bun fiyah pon Muta and African upliftment because African upliftment leads to the upliftment of overstanding for all people. All peoples and cultures must be overstood to lead to a universal culture of overstanding.

InI don't question the Ible but the interpretation of man. InI has been studying the Ible scripturally contextualy and historically and come to the conclusion that the Ible is not wrong but men are wrong.

For example:
Did the I know public prayer is not right under the teachings and practice of Yesuah? One must ALWAYS pray in private.

Also InI has learned the word "church" isn't "real"
The correct translation is Ekkelsia "assembly" or "meeting"

If the I was to go back in time and ask where a "assembly" was the people would be confused and point the I to a town meeting.

InI always challenge Idren to question the ways of man.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/30/2012 10:22:17 PM

SOERASTA02,

Public prayer is not necessarily wrong. You can pray to Jah anywhere, as long as it is sincere.

Yeshua condemns the Scribes and Pharisees who pray in public to be seen of men and look like they are pious, when they are actually only doing it for the attention. Yeshua says that it is better to pray sincerely to Jah in secret, and that Jah will reward One openly in return.

Matthew Ch 6:

-------------------------------------------------
[1] Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
[2] Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
[3] But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
[4] That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
[5] And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
[6] But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly
[7] But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
[8] Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
[9] After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
[10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
[11] Give us this day our daily bread.
[12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
[13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
[14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
[16] Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
[17] But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
[18] That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly
[19] Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
[20] But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
[21] For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
[22] The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
[23] But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
[24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
[25] Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
[26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
[27] Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
[28] And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
[29] And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
[30] Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
[31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
[32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
[33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
[34] Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
-------------------------------------------------

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 7/30/2012 11:49:13 PM

Yes I love and respect Eleazar

InI appreciate di reasoning. InI recently had the same reasoning with a church pastor.

Yesuah clearly set forth the guidelines in prayer also in his personal practice.

Matthew 6:6
But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.

Notice it says "whenever" this is the lesson he teaches specifically how to pray and what prayer really is

Luke 5:16
Yet Jesus himself frequently withdrew to the wilderness and prayed.
Luke 6:12
Now it was during this time that Jesus went out to the mountain to pray, and he spent all night in prayer to God.
Matthew 26:36
Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to the disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”

Knowing this by his word and practice InI sight this as the Yesuah definition of prayer.

Prayer- Talking to Jah in private away from earshot or sight of anyone else.

It is tradition that man has practiced this "corporate" prayer. Just as man practice Sabbath on Sunday and that "Church" is a building. The Ible also sights a woman must not dress herself decoratively but humbly and people still dress up to go to church.

Man has created many traditional practice which the Ible doesn't support and actually speaks against.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 165

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I