Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=477&start_row=1

Gideon

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/6/2004 2:38:09 AM

You are bringing up the same reasonings that you brought out a long time ago when you used to come here. And like before you are either unclear in what you are trying to say, or you are saying what I think you are saying.

In that past time when you came, one thing you said was,

---------------------------
Surely in the past I have been under this illusion in many forms, telling I that I did wrong things and had evil intentions and so on. But today I man stand up and say that any allegation against the Sons of Jah is folly, ignorance,illusion, belief and all those other names I can use to describe it. Main thing is that it is not reality.
Jah create reality, and what Jah create is perfect. And Jah create I, so I stand perfect. Any evil or contrary part of I cannot exist, because that would mean Jah create something evil.
If anyone believe that part of them is evil, then who create it? They got to believe in two creators and two creation. But that don't make sense. The oneness that guide any man show him right away that cannot be true.
--------------------------

When I say evil in this post, I am saying it according to the definition that I and many others call evil. I am just clarifying that since you say you don't consider anything evil.

When I read what you wrote, which appears to be where your present discussion is heading, it sounds like you are saying the following: if you take what another has laboured for without his permission, or if you kill someone to take what they have, or if you rape a person, or if you torture a person, or whatever else you might do that I call evil, then you think that it is not really evil. And you are also saying that if you believed that these things that you did were evil then you are believing illusion.

If a person thinks they can do whatever they want or desire, including those things I described in the last paragraph, and still be perfect and think they are not dealing with evil, then I would say that they are dealing with illusion in their mind. But the actions they did are not an illusion, but are real and affect real people, the ones hurt or killed and the others close to that person.

It seems to I that before when you recognized that you did wrong things and recognized that you sometimes had evil intentions you at least had potential to improve yourself and stop doing the wrong things, and to resist evil intentions. But now when you consider whatever you do as good and perfect, then you will not seek to improve or change the wickedness that is causing imbalance in Creation. And I don't see any closeness with Jah in this way that you speak.

If you did no evil, and Lived in righteousness then you could truthfully say what you said before:

--------------
Any evil or contrary part of I cannot exist, because that would mean Jah create something evil."
--------------

Because if you did no evil, you would be Living how Jah created I and I to Live, so no evil or contrary part can exist. Jah gave us the choice to do what we choose to do. Jah didn't want a Creation that only moved according to puppet strings controlled by Jah. Jah wanted a Creation with a Likeness unto HIM. Who can see and Iverstand what are the Good and evil actions that can be performed in Creation, but chooses to do the right, and performs no evil actions. Then Jah truly has One that is like unto Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/6/2004 2:10:15 PM

Thank you Ark, you are saying what is on everyone's mind when they read what I am saying.
It is like this:
A man who rapes is not fully living up to his potential. There is a higher guidance that is available to him that he is ignoring. In that sense he is making a mistake and doing wrong.
However, every rape is God's will. I know this because it is created. And since it is created it is a good thing in the overall scheme of things. So what the rapist is doing is not a wrong thing in that sense. That is a specific example, so let me go on to describe the general case:
God's law is in effect in creation. It is not something that we should follow but something that all flesh does follow. Like how they say that gravity is a law (which it isn't, but I want you to know what I mean by law, something that HAS to be obeyed).
But there is a difference between obeying God's law and following his guidance fully. None of us follows his guidance completely, except for those who have transcended to a higher plane - examples of this in the Bible are Enoch and Elijah, and Jesus at the end, what is called the transfiguration.
The fact that I still experience lack of peace proves to me that I am not yet in that higher place, fully.
I will never admit to breaking God's law, because of the reasons I have given. This is the evil that I refer to when I say that evil is not possible. Basically this is the law that includes the ten commandments.
So if you call it evil when we ignore the higher guidance, then I agree that we all do evil in that sense. But in the sense of actually committing physical crimes against Jah, it is impossible.
Just because my actions are a part in the cause/effect chain that brings about the creation of a person's misery do not assume that I have done wrong. That kind of reasoning would mean that Selassie is a murderer when he establishes his Kingdom with a law of death to all slavemasters. The truth is that when someone suffers it is because they ignored the higher guidance of Jah.
Please examine what I am saying with a pure intention and an open mind, and say if you can't accept it for any reason. I will always respond with clear arguments that support my point, because the truth is always manifest.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/6/2004 6:19:29 PM

respect to all

i think JAH created all with goodness..........but man have free will and man are tempted by choices.JAH give us free choices for he does not want to rule us by enslaving our wills but by giving us freedom of will...........now InI have to find the truth within the confusion created by all peoople that make wrong choices......me nah believe that all is predestined but mostly free will but even if there is free will there still is only ONE AIM ONE TRUTH but the InI have to find it within ourselves..

RASTAFARI!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/8/2004 1:24:57 AM

Gideon, Jah has created man to Live as Jah. One who knows what is righteousness and what is wickedness, but chooses righteousness. When we do this, I and I are truly in the image of Jah.

So Jah has given us an environment where we can either develop as One Like unto Jah, or as men separate from Jah. So men and women make choices, and choices bring about consequences, both for the chooser and who is affected by the chooser.

Just because Jah lets something happen doesn't mean that Jah wills it to happen. Jah has given us will to choose for ourself. Jah lets us make our choices, good or bad, and seldom interferes. Jah will sometimes save his anointed, or destroy the wicked, but Jah usually lets man and woman make their choices for or against the harmony of Creation.

Here is a reasoning I posted a while ago to that relates to what I said above.

------------------------------
The problems of people are caused by people. They always want to blame God, the devil, or anything other then themself.

People are murdered because other people murder them. People are dying from cancer because people poison the earth, water and air. People have no salvation in Jah, because they have rejected Jah.

-----------------------------------------
Luke 13
1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-----------------------------------------

Repent isn't about asking forgiveness, it means to turn away from wickedness. So Christ was showing I and I that even if we are not the worse sinners, as long as we are sinners and separate from Jah, these things can happen to us. And the reason for this is that if we reject Jah, then Jah will let us be our own defence, because we have rejected Jah defence.

Haile Selassie I explains this further,

However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firmm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate.

So if I and I repent and live for Jah, and accept his guidance and direction, then Jah will be our rudder. So just like a rudder guides a ship through the sea, when I and I accept Jah, Jah will guide I and I through this world. So when the waves come, which is the bad things that happen in the world, I and I will not be moved. Jah will keep I and I steady and will take I and I out of the waves.

Jah works are mysterious
--------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/8/2004 10:12:30 AM

Watch I come with clear reasonings from foundation principles. If I am lying then show me where I am lying and let the house I am building fall to the ground. Fyah. But I reason with clear logic and then you answer with quotes from the Bible, a book...... Respond to what I am saying if you can. But the truth is not written anywhere, believe it!!! Did you ever hear "write it not"?

Wake up and stop dreaming.
There is this teaching going around that Jah is going to come from the sky, take away all suffering and make everybody feel high. That is a dream teaching.
If you know what life is worth you will look for yours in earth. The earth is reality, Jah creation. The dream about what things should be, supposed to be, could be if this and that was the case, or would be if this or that happened. That is all a dream. There is no such thing as would, could, supposed to be or anything like that. There is only IS - creation.
Do you really know HIM is the king of kings and ruler of the earth, or do you believe that he is supposed to be ruler of the earth? Do you have faith that Jah run things or that he should or would or supposed to run things? If your faith is all about supposed to and should and would and all these dreamworld fantasies, then you really need to come down to earth and focus on reality. Trust me, you can't dis mama earth.
Anyway, the duty of the messenger is to bring the message, not to make people believe it or accept it as truth. So I keep on bringing the message.

Messenger: Ulli I Sent: 11/8/2004 1:32:49 PM

Selassie Greetings!!

This is, what His Imperial Majesty says to this discussion point:

"Man, who is by nature selfish, must learn that only in serving others can he reach the full stature or attain the noble destinies for which God created him."

Guidance,
Ulli

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/8/2004 2:33:42 PM

Jah does not create evil my lord, as we disscused earlier evil does not exist but it is merely the absence of God, just as darkness and the cold.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/8/2004 4:16:14 PM

Yes, in the sense of the lack of good it is true. Evil is not a real thing but just a word that we can use to communicate a concept. But the problem is that people here are saying that it is something real and that it exists.
Let us think positive and focus on what is there instead of what is not there, what exists instead of what does not exist. Men live and do, and everything that we do is good. And everything that exists and happens in creation is also good. So why talk about evil at all?
When people think about evil they are thinking about a dream world. But those who seek truth should look to real things and we should do this with the faith that when we see reality we will see that it is good.
There is no lack of good in creation. Everything here is perfect and pure like the one who creates (created) it. All that will happen as the kingdom grows in strength is that man's glory will increase as Jah is able to bless us more and more. The kingdom is here, but those who are confused wait for a sign.

Man is by nature selfish. Selfishness is not a flaw unless one puts self above God, or self above others. That is why Jesus showed that the two commandments relating to selfishness and service are the most important - love Jah with all your heart, mind and soul; and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
When we realize that we are all one spirit manifest in flesh then we do not put our own interest before others. We realize that our own interest is the same as others interest. The Nyah Binghi judgement is a clear reflection of this principle.
Any member of a team who puts his personal interests before those of the team is selling out the team. Let us see that we are a team, human beings, and then our selfishness will propel us to serve the team as the only means of serving ourselves.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/8/2004 7:02:56 PM

i believe evil is something that is created by man's bad choices, we know JAH did not create it but our free will and choice has....evil as itself is nothing that can "live" by itself but only can exist when/while we make bad choices.....

Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/9/2004 12:32:12 AM

Gideon,

Haile Selassie I glories in the bible and so do I. It is a great book of teachings, so I have no shame in showing the teachings to others. And if you look at I post again, I spoke words directly, I didn't just use scripture, and the scriptures that are there are there because I was quoting a post I made some time ago, to explain that Jah will help I and I out of the troubles of the world if we Live for Jah, but Jah will leave us to fend for ourselves if we refuse Jah. And to show that Jah allows things to happen, Jah doesn't will everything that happens to happen, Jah gives us choice and if we choose foolishly, then Jah will let us reap what we sow.

Jah allows things to happen in this world as a consequence of the choices of man, because Jah has given us choice, that is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that we desired and took, it is the choice to listen to Jah direction, or ignore Jah direction. Even though Jah allows man to make choices and suffer the consequences, Jah can and will affect a situation when Jah desires to. So when Jah is our rudder, then Jah will affect situations that would otherwise cause pain or strife, and protect I and I from the waves.

Why are you looking at the source of the words that are said anyway? Look at the words themself. What is the difference if the words come from a book. Weren't the words in the book written by a man. aren't the speeches that I read the words that Haile Selassie I speaks. I and I are to improve from generation to generation, not just go around in circles discovering what has already been discovered. We are to learn the things learned, and uncover the things still hidden.

Why are people so afraid of the words of the bible, so that whenever someone brings them up, they want to try to make the person feel shame for speaking the words of scripture? I feel no shame in the scripture, I glory in them.

You said,

-----------------
Watch I come with clear reasonings from foundation principles. If I am lying then show me where I am lying and let the house I am building fall to the ground. Fyah. But I reason with clear logic and then you answer with quotes from the Bible, a book......
-----------------

Your logic is only clear if the theories that you base your logic on are true, and I am not convinced about all your theories. The scriptures I showed of the bible presented clear logic based on Truth. And the scripture I posted from Haile Selassie I is based on clear logic based on Truth.

And I have nothing to say about the rest of your post because I am not looking for anything to come from the sky, so you must be speaking of someone else.

The words of I King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Haile Selassie I

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

Haile Selassie I knows what Life I and I should follow and so do I.

The only shoulds I have will soon be things that I am. Just as the shoulds of the past are today things that I am. I don't see any impossible shoulds, so my shoulds are not fantasy, they are just reality being developed. And I experience has shown I and before I experience I faith shows I that I can Live in the example of Christ, so I will never accept that wickedness is good, but I will see it as a wicked choice that needs to be burned.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I